Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Ranked Rainbow Six Siege Console Players Under Siege from DDoS Attacks

AuthorMessage
Canezza
Canezza
Posted on 16 September 19 at 11:04
DDoS attacks are reportedly affecting 8/10 Ranked matches.

Please click here to read the story: Ranked Rainbow Six Siege Console Players Under Siege from DDoS Attacks
Stinky Big Buds
Posted on 16 September 19 at 12:11, Edited on 16 September 19 at 12:46 by Stinky Big Buds
8/10 matchs are being Ddos, that's insane, add to that people team killing you for building support walls in the wrong place or blocking the wrong door makes this game unbearable to some. Shame because it's an excellent game.

These people are cowards, they are to weak in real life and get some sort of kick out of winning like this because they know there's no face to face reprimand in the unlikely event they are ever caught, makes em feel powerfull, really sad.
Elite1111111111
Posted on 16 September 19 at 12:16, Edited on 16 September 19 at 12:17 by Elite1111111111
People needed a new way to game the system since they can't queue up with their friends in copper to boost themselves up to Diamond anymore. Granted I was never great at this game but the ranking has always been a joke.
Psychotic Jon
Psychotic Jon
Posted on 16 September 19 at 12:42
Out of the 10 Ranked Matches I played 4 of them were hit by DDOS attacks. I have been playing this game from the beginning and I can assure you that DDOSing has become worse with every new update.
unequalized joe
Posted on 16 September 19 at 13:20
Xbox needs a way to report people for DDOSing and then an investigative team to actually do something about it. It's common to see it happen in competitive crucible in Destiny 2, but there are people who are so salty and desperate that they do it in quickplay crucible and in regular gambit. I got DDOS'd by a guy just for killing him with a non-exotic pulse rifle in the first ten seconds of a quickplay match... idiot was dumb enough to send a message, too.
mongrominet
mongrominet
Posted on 16 September 19 at 14:23, Edited on 16 September 19 at 14:30 by mongrominet
It s true , they are very much numbers of gamers cheaters hackers , in the game RAINBOW 6 SIEGE

HACKERS - be automatically the WINNER of the game , you never could be kill this gamers , you loose automatically for real gamers

NOT FUNNY , i could be killed by shiet live game

Too much gamers are cheaters , not funny for real gamers
GMN
GMN
Posted on 16 September 19 at 15:02
Really glad they never brought out more achievements for this never seen a more toxic hive of scum in one Game since the kane and Lynch Dead Men lobby's...
StK I
StK I
Posted on 16 September 19 at 15:03
Wow I don't play RSS but 8/10 matches dropping to a DDOS attack is insane in any online multiplayer game... pathetic too
Giincee
Giincee
Posted on 16 September 19 at 15:06
I've experienced something like that back in the days of Black Ops. We called it 'lag switch's because we didn't know what ddos was at that time
buttmudBrooks
buttmudBrooks
Posted on 16 September 19 at 15:07, Edited on 16 September 19 at 15:08 by buttmudBrooks
GMN said:
Really glad they never brought out more achievements for this never seen a more toxic hive of scum in one Game since the kane and Lynch Dead Men lobby's...
The Gears of War online community would like a (profanity- and racism-laced) few words with you.
Always number 2.
IMC
IMC
Posted on 16 September 19 at 15:22
unequalized joe said:
Xbox needs a way to report people for DDOSing and then an investigative team to actually do something about it. It's common to see it happen in competitive crucible in Destiny 2, but there are people who are so salty and desperate that they do it in quickplay crucible and in regular gambit. I got DDOS'd by a guy just for killing him with a non-exotic pulse rifle in the first ten seconds of a quickplay match... idiot was dumb enough to send a message, too.
Yup. This sadly isn't limited to Rainbow Six Siege, or even Xbox, and is coming more and more common.

All I can really say is if you play competitive games, invest in a solid VPN
MotorexGTR32
MotorexGTR32
Posted on 16 September 19 at 16:48
What is DDOSing? Is it a new name for what it called LAG switch back in the days?
YoDz
YoDz
Posted on 16 September 19 at 17:20, Edited on 16 September 19 at 17:21 by YoDz
MotorexGTR32 said:
What is DDOSing? Is it a new name for what it called LAG switch back in the days?
Basically a user will find your IP either by party chat or the multiplayer lobby. Once they narrow down your IP they send you a mass data packet to your IP to essentially flood it. Your modem and router become overworked and your internet will stop working. They can do it as long as they like. For a few minutes to a full day. It’s been around for over 10 years now. I used to play rainbow six Vegas 2 via gamebattles and ddos was very prevalent there too
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 16 September 19 at 17:55
This game is pure AIDS. The community makes Gears players look like Good Samaritans. I got my achievements and got the hell out of dodge immediately afterwards.
Crater Bob
Crater Bob
Posted on 16 September 19 at 18:24
Kind of wondering at this point why Ubisoft went ahead with Siege back in 2012 when players were overjoyed for Patriots, which Ubisoft dropped in favour of Siege. Hell, I had my $5 at my local EB Games for Patriots, I was superexcited for a new Rainbow Six campaign after the success of the Vegas series. But then Patriots was dropped, Siege was announced, and I pulled my pre-order and put it into something else (a Naruto game I think).

Addressing the DDOS issue, the XBox Live Policy & Enforcement Team won't do anything about that problem either, so why expect Ubisoft to do anything? The only REAL solution is to contact federal law enforcement and report it as a cybercrime, that's literally the only way anything gets done about this.
Gatekeeper 3-6 off your starboard wing, turn to 2-2-0 and drop to angels two or you will be fired upon!
DeceptiveTen
DeceptiveTen
Posted on 16 September 19 at 18:39
I'm so glad I never started this POS!!!
deceptiveten
Poopdog M60Riot
Posted on 16 September 19 at 19:04
Ddos attacks suck. My friend got hit in a frat house and everyone was so mad at him lmao
Banana Big Boys
Kexol
Kexol
Posted on 16 September 19 at 21:13
People that DDOS are sad. I only assume these guys do it because they suck at video games or just like making people upset.
SkydivingFalcon
Posted on 16 September 19 at 21:26
It’s not just Ranked, it’s casual too. RSS has a few issues that need fixing and this one is the worst
John Acey
John Acey
Posted on 16 September 19 at 22:13
Back when I was refereeing Call Of Duty: United Offensive matches in Clan Base, there were tournaments won by usage of ddos.
- and that was ages ago...

...nothing seemengly has changed...
I don't think I regret quiting competitive gaming life.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.