Game Discussion: Gears 5 Forum

Can't do escape despawn. Can anyone explain it?

AuthorMessage
Rascalov USA
Posted on 16 September 19 at 12:02
I am having trouble doing the glitch. You have to get to the safe room for it to work. On Insane the enemies do too much damage to run away from them. Do you need to have good cards already to actually do the glitch?
fireiz
fireiz
Posted on 16 September 19 at 12:24
keep grinding some cards till u can carry ur own weight or have 2 decent players to carry u till u have good cards
the tough part of doing this glitch is reaching the safe room first at high difficulties, u just have to take it slow and slow but steadily move.
i found it is better to keep doing it on insane guaranteed run than keep failing and wasting time on inconceivable
Have no fear, Amjad is here
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 16 September 19 at 22:11
I wouldn’t do it. They hinted today that people taking advantage of the bug will be penalized for it.
#mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 16 September 19 at 23:46
They didn't hint it. One person from TC said in a response to another twitter account that they 'would regret it' if used. it was not posted on the official page.
Ron Jeremy R6
Ron Jeremy R6
Posted on 17 September 19 at 07:24
Threats from TC to their buyers because of their glitched game..
II Pac y I
II Pac y I
Posted on 17 September 19 at 08:49
Ahayzo said:
I wouldn’t do it. They hinted today that people taking advantage of the bug will be penalized for it.
Really? Where? Do you have a link?
C1utch A5h
C1utch A5h
Posted on 17 September 19 at 09:17
II Pac y I said:
Ahayzo said:
Really? Where? Do you have a link?
https://twitter.com/OctusTC/status/1173663595680284672
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 17 September 19 at 14:12
Ron Jeremy R6 said:
Well seeing as the threat was clearly to their Gears profile, not their physical person, for knowingly abusing what we all can see is clearly not supposed to happen, that's perfectly fine. They shouldn't be making those mistakes, but that also doesn't mean we are free to abuse those mistakes without penalty.
JungAndReckless
Posted on 17 September 19 at 14:37
Ron Jeremy R6 said:
TC tells people to play their game legitimately and if not they will be penalized for it.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 17 September 19 at 15:21
Except for the leaderboards, this has literally no impact on anyone else. Just wipe the times from the leaderboards and move on. I don't get why they should penalize people. But then, it's The Coalition... they sure do love their overreach.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Arran R W
Arran R W
Posted on 17 September 19 at 16:20
It's hardly an overreach if the punishment remains in-game. The exploit is in-game, so will be the punishment. They have every right, it's their game...
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 17 September 19 at 16:27
And once I buy it, it becomes my game. Anyhow, let's just say I generally disagree with what developers have the right to do simply becaused they developed the game.
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 17 September 19 at 16:57
But it's not our servers. I agree that the whole "you only have a license to their game" thing is bullshit, but I expect any punishment will still be limited to things stored on their own servers. While the game is reasonably ours, their servers and the data they hold isn't.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 17 September 19 at 17:23
I don't disagree that it technically is their data, but that doesn't make it right to just punish people for using a glitch that:
a) is part of the game, and
b) doesn't affect anything for anyone else but leaderboards times

What I meant by my original post is that if you've seen my previous posts when it comes to exploits/glitches/tricks that don't affect other gamers' gameplay experience, you know I'm very anti-policing by developers, whether it benefits me or not. Even more so when it's to make any grindy shit faster. I've also always been anti-grinds as they artificially pad gameplay time and "force" you to play for longer than you want. Make it fun gameplay and most people will automatically play it if they enjoy it. Grinds are totally useless in my opinion.

Tripwire Interactive pulled the same shit on PC a few years back with the original Killing Floor, and it pissed me off so much.

As for the Escape despawn glitch in particular, I stand by my original statement. The ONLY thing it affects is leaderboards, so wipe the offending times off the leaderboards and move on. Hell, they don't even need to patch it. If they can detect which runs are hit by this glitch, just make them not post a time on the leaderboards in the first place. Voilà, problem solved.
Runner eGirl
Runner eGirl
Posted on 17 September 19 at 17:50
I agree with Shin, I understand people getting upset with leaderboards not being accurate, especially since there's rewards for placing top something I believe, but when it comes to the exploit itself, it doesn't really affect anyone's gameplay.

TC are probably pissed because they want us to grind to dumbness, that way it's more likely that we'll end up buying iron to get XP boosts. If you ask me, that's probably the only reason why they are going to punish (or say they are going to do it) & potentially fix the glitch roll
KAW 24
KAW 24
Posted on 17 September 19 at 18:07
We're talking about the same people that permanently banned players for boosting in GoW 4 ranked rather than something more reasonable, like reset their ranks and stats in the affected game mode. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a huge overreaction to this despawn glitch from TC.
JungAndReckless
Posted on 17 September 19 at 18:26, Edited on 17 September 19 at 18:27 by JungAndReckless
Shinnizle said:
I don't disagree that it technically is their data, but that doesn't make it right to just punish people for using a glitch that:

What I meant by my original post is that if you've seen my previous posts when it comes to exploits/glitches/tricks that don't affect other gamers' gameplay experience, you know I'm very anti-policing by developers, whether it benefits me or not. Even more so when it's to make any grindy shit faster. I've also always been anti-grinds as they artificially pad gameplay time and "force" you to play for longer than you want. Make it fun gameplay and most people will automatically play it if they enjoy it. Grinds are totally useless in my opinion.

Tripwire Interactive pulled the same shit on PC a few years back with the original Killing Floor, and it pissed me off so much.

As for the Escape despawn glitch in particular, I stand by my original statement. The ONLY thing it affects is leaderboards, so wipe the offending times off the leaderboards and move on. Hell, they don't even need to patch it. If they can detect which runs are hit by this glitch, just make them not post a time on the leaderboards in the first place. Voilà, problem solved.
While I generally don't agree with grinds, the seriously achievements are THE grind. They've made a reputation for being almost comically grindy making them prestigious. Many people jump on the game day one just to start working towards Seriously X.0. Once TC allows players to use exploits to quickly get the achievement, they remove the prestige from the achievement. You remove the prestige from the achievement, you remove interest in it for many people.
Runner eGirl
Runner eGirl
Posted on 17 September 19 at 18:42
Some people jump day 1 to make sure they can take advantage of any glitches/exploits in the game (you know there will be at least a couple, TC are well-known for that too LOL)
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 17 September 19 at 22:39
Shinnizle said:

Is it really just leaderboards? I assumed there was more than that that you gain from this. If that’s the case, yea it should just erase any leaderboard entries they have and call it a day.

KAW 24 said:
We're talking about the same people that permanently banned players for boosting in GoW 4 ranked rather than something more reasonable, like reset their ranks and stats in the affected game mode. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a huge overreaction to this despawn glitch from TC.
That was a completely reasonable response on their part.
SolidTooth3160
Posted on 18 September 19 at 01:31
anybody still trying this?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.