Site Help

Got something you don't understand? Need to know how something works? Ask here and we'll do our best to help you

Solution Parameters

• Posted on 16 September 19 at 12:17
    It's possible I've come up with a solution for an achievement, but I'm afraid it will breach site policy, so I'm gonna describe the solution, without mentioning the game or achievement, for feedback on it's allowance:

Basically, the solution involves starting an online match against other player, connecting and disconnecting the ethernet cable during playthrough, the game gets confused and gives a Win for both players.

So, is this ok by TA standards?
  • JeffMommJeffMomm418,685
    Posted on 16 September 19 at 13:39
    I am not a mod, nor an admin, so my opinion is essentially worthless. However, I will mention that I have seen similar solutions before and no one has raised a fuss. You may get some downvotes b/c some will consider that cheating, but as far as TA policy goes, I think you're okay. Again, my opinion is worthless and it would be better if TA staff weighed in for you. :-)
  • KodingKoding1,012,459
    Posted on 16 September 19 at 13:57
    Tomb Raider has one you can do partly like that:

Tomb RaiderI'm all that!The I'm all that! achievement in Tomb Raider worth 101 pointsWin a ranked match in every multiplayer mode.

My main concern would be more with the makers of the game. Are they going to have issues with people doing this?
  • ManicMetalheadManicMetalhead1,065,835
    Posted on 16 September 19 at 14:00, Edited on 16 September 19 at 14:02 by ManicMetalhead
    This wouldn't break any of our rules, I believe we have solutions that are similar to this already (as Koding has already pointed out). However the game developers make take offence to the system being played like this and could take their own action.
    Snakes (https://www.instagram.com/medway_menagerie) & Bakes (https://www.instagram.com/bananabeanbakery)
  • Posted on 16 September 19 at 14:42
    Ok, thx for the replies, I think Ill take the risk and post the solution, since it makes a lot of really grindy achievements a cakewalk and I want to share with other people, and they can judge if they want to use it or not.

As for the game developers, Ive used this method a LOT and haven't had any problems and since I'm done with the achievements, any kind of retaliation for myself is a long shot.
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy2,447,484
    Posted on 16 September 19 at 15:04
    Yeah, definitely seen other solutions like that before.

I'd cover yourself with a "use at your own risk" statement to be safe.
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • EYEHUNTER 42EYEHUNTER 42697,245
    Posted on 16 September 19 at 15:29
    Rafael D Arroyo said:
    Basically, the solution involves starting an online match against other player, connecting and disconnecting the ethernet cable during playthrough, the game gets confused and gives a Win for both players.

So, is this ok by TA standards?
    I would downvote a solution that was just this. However, if you gave advice on getting it legit and mentioned this, that would be okay.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads