Bug Reports Forum

Found something that doesn't work right? Let us know and we'll fix it

side bar ads covering up half the page

AuthorMessage
STOUTASSASSIN67
Posted on 16 September 19 at 13:02
Starting today for some reason the ads on the left and right of the screen are covering up half my screen and are covering up the search bar and anything else that are on the left and right of the screen
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 16 September 19 at 13:35
Ads - please fix.
Reina Watt
Reina Watt
Posted on 16 September 19 at 13:56
It's really annoying, the adverts are making it near impossible to go anywhere on the site, they are almost filing every page and most of them can't be closed and even when you do more load in causing the site to lock up.
Why get a life when as a gamer you live more lives than you can manage
Cosminiion
Cosminiion
Posted on 16 September 19 at 17:07, Edited on 16 September 19 at 17:22 by Cosminiion
Workaround: zoom out to 90% on desktop and the ads will fit correctly. Also the bar below the TA logo (the bar containing the search bar) has scaling issues, which can be worked around as well by zooming out to 90%.
Reina Watt
Reina Watt
Posted on 16 September 19 at 17:24
The workaround isn't great but it will have to do for now until the excessive oversized ads are hopefully fixed or trimmed down at least
Why get a life when as a gamer you live more lives than you can manage
Fifthmusketeer
Posted on 16 September 19 at 18:12
I cannot minimize it on my phone to look at the site and I would say I check out the site from my phone 75% of the time. This issue is just going to make me stay away from the site until the ads are fixed or gone or eventually I will be gone (I guess it depends on who blinks first). Talk about the opposite effect of advertising - it is supposed to make you see the content to want to buy the product but this ad is driving me away from the site so I will not see the product in question. Bad design for an otherwise great site. I am disappointed by this development.
Fifthmusketeer
Gamegoddess 21
Posted on 16 September 19 at 18:32
i cannot do very much with the website because of these ads. its annoying
Gamegoddess 21
Davis 888
Davis 888
Posted on 16 September 19 at 22:36
So bad, I have never seen the site so filled with adds everywhere and it makes the site not useable. The work around does help but this seems to be a mistake.
Lockie
Lockie
Posted on 17 September 19 at 02:36, Edited on 17 September 19 at 02:39 by Lockie
I had to block two problematic lines of code to use the site:
div id="nn_skinl"
div id="nn_skinr"
Edit: removed tags
Posting from sunny Australia.
AwakeDeadeye
AwakeDeadeye
Posted on 17 September 19 at 07:00
I don't see ads via adblock but the top bar is all messed up, have to press ctrl + h to bring up history to be able to use it normally.
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 17 September 19 at 13:00
Looks like the issue has been resolved this morning.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.