Bug Reports Forum

Found something that doesn't work right? Let us know and we'll fix it

Achievement shows on TA but not Xbox???

AuthorMessage
Arran R W
Arran R W
Posted on 16 September 19 at 21:23
So I've seen a lot of different buggy situations concerning achievements, but this is the first I've ever seen this.

I was playing The Jackbox Party Pack 5. Fulfilled the requirements for an achievement, and it didn't pop. No big deal, happens all the time, maybe it's just delayed, continued and fulfilled requirements for another... No pop. Ok, I'm gonna stop playing for now and look into this more.

I checked my achievements tab, nope they haven't silent popped.
Checked TA, and weirdly my home feed showed the two achievements...
Now I've checked xbox.com in a browser on my laptop and through the app on my phone.
I've restarted my xbox. Nothing is showing I've unlocked the achievements EXCEPT for TA.

Anyone else come across this before?
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 16 September 19 at 23:44
A few users have been reporting this the past couple of days. Along with gamerscore missing then returning over time. It seems Microsoft is having more and more issues. It's likely the achievements popped, but aren't showing correctly on the console or xbox.com, but the scanners can still pick them up from where the data is stored.

The only thing we can do right now is wait for MS to get their crap together.
See You Space Cowboy...
Johnny Sinister
Posted on 17 September 19 at 12:14
I had this happen on a Windows Phone game once (monstafish). It never popped on my phone and I went on this site later to see if there was something I missed. When on the site, it showed I had unlocked the achievement and completed the game.

I tried numerous times to get xbox to show the achievement (redo the requirement, boot the game several times, and such) but no luck.

It finally is showing complete on the Xbox end, but it took (no joke) several years before it sorted itself out.

Hopefully your issue isn't as bad.
eohjay
eohjay
Posted on 17 September 19 at 12:21
I've currently got this problem as well. I started We Were Home with my wife last night. Achievements were popping during the playthrough so I wasn't really bothered much. Afterwards, I checked TA and noticed the problem, then found a couple of more issues.

If I go to "See All Achievements" on my Xbox, or the Xbox App on phone or PC, We Were Home doesn't even show up in the game list. Period.

But, if I boot up the game and navigate to it's achievements it shows as 10 unlocked.

Then, if I check TA it shows as 12 unlocked.

Xbox.com shows as 10 unlocked.

Then, the real kicked is that 2 of the 10 achievements that are showing as unlocked on the console are NOT showing on Xbox.com or TA, so my real total is probably around 14.

I imagine it will fix itself over the coming days. A little bothersome though.
Arran R W
Arran R W
Posted on 17 September 19 at 13:43
Thanks for all your inputs!

eohjay said:
I've currently got this problem as well. I started We Were Home with my wife last night. Achievements were popping during the playthrough so I wasn't really bothered much. Afterwards, I checked TA and noticed the problem, then found a couple of more issues.

If I go to "See All Achievements" on my Xbox, or the Xbox App on phone or PC, We Were Home doesn't even show up in the game list. Period.

But, if I boot up the game and navigate to it's achievements it shows as 10 unlocked.

Then, if I check TA it shows as 12 unlocked.

Xbox.com shows as 10 unlocked.

Then, the real kicked is that 2 of the 10 achievements that are showing as unlocked on the console are NOT showing on Xbox.com or TA, so my real total is probably around 14.

I imagine it will fix itself over the coming days. A little bothersome though.
Have you been able to unlock an achievement normally since? I haven't tried, but if it's going to persist with all my future unlocks that will be a massive pain!
eohjay
eohjay
Posted on 17 September 19 at 16:42
Arran R W said:
Thanks for all your inputs!

Have you been able to unlock an achievement normally since? I haven't tried, but if it's going to persist with all my future unlocks that will be a massive pain!
Haven't tried to play anything since. Just navigated to the website, though, to check on stuff and status seems to have changed a bit.

Game now shows up in the list on the Xbox App and console. It's still sumamrized on Xbox.com as only 10 achievements unlocked, but if I click on the achievements and count it shows 17 unlocked. TA still only tracks 13 of them, though, despite a rescan.

All sorts of weird, but it seems to be slowly ironing itself out.
Arran R W
Arran R W
Posted on 17 September 19 at 20:39
I've popped achievements since. However, some pop, some don't. Some scan some don't.
If I check on xbox.com, it now says 0/1000 for everything, and if I click on the game I have 1000/1000...

As you said... all sorts of weird.
eohjay
eohjay
Posted on 17 September 19 at 21:32
I’ve seen the 0/1000 deal as well.

Just played another game, Undead Horde, and achievements didn’t pop that should have. Full restart of console and now one of the two are showing on my list on console, but not on site or TA.

I think I’ll just stick with popping stuff that can be re-completed if necessary and not try to pop anything that would really irk me if I had to recomplete it somehow on a fresh save, etc
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.