Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Madden 13 Dev Diary Series Kicks Off [UPDATE]

• Posted on 03 May 12 at 19:24Permalink
    Part 1: Presentation and Part 2: Gameplay

It seems like every year, the team at EA Tiburon is rebooting the presentation in its Madden series. This year, they hope to have finally built a foundation to build upon in future years, rather than have to spend time and resources on doing it all over every offseason. This new developer diary series, hosted by former NFL veteran and current ESPN analyst Mark Schlereth, starts things off by introducing some of the new features that go into making the game look and feel like a real NFL broadcast.

They've included introductions and all-new commentary by CBS' A-team, Jim Nantz and Phil Simms, revamped the in-game stats to look more like what fans are used to on television, and have even worked closely with Nike to ensure the new jerseys for every team are accurate down to every detail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU3C8lASkR8

Edit: Since the publication of this article, the second of the seven videos has been released with the first look at gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzlyzr9_SkA

There will be five more of these preview videos leading up to the game's release this August. What are you hoping to see for new features? As a huge fan of Madden, I hope Superstar mode has been wiped clean and started, and I hope more depth has been added to Franchise mode, as well.

Take the field with https://www.trueachievements.com/Madden-NFL-13-xbox-360.htm and its recently crowned cover star on August 28th.
  • Zacry072Zacry0721,035,589
    Posted on 03 May 12 at 19:37Permalink
    Take out the card game (Ultimate Team, or whatever it was called), or at least take out achievements associated with it.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 03 May 12 at 19:38Permalink
    Dear Diary, today we made plans to close the servers for this game already
  • Posted on 03 May 12 at 19:52Permalink
    Typo: The ESPN analyst mentioned in the first paragraph is Mark Schlereth, not "March" Schlereth.
  • Posted on 03 May 12 at 19:53Permalink
    Looks promising, and I would buy it solely to have Luck and RGIII as rookies...
  • Bob101910Bob101910619,121
    Posted on 03 May 12 at 20:05Permalink
    Video is a little cheesy, but looking forward to the next ones.
  • Posted on 03 May 12 at 20:08Permalink
    BOB101910 RFP said:
    Video is a little cheesy, but looking forward to the next ones.
    +1
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 03 May 12 at 20:21Permalink
    DisneyPrez said:
    Dear Diary, today we made plans to close the servers for this game already
    my thoughts exactly to the TEE!!!!!
  • Barad 007Barad 007779,030
    Posted on 03 May 12 at 20:28Permalink
    Game looks pretty solid.
    Battlefield 3 Gamer !
  • Posted on 03 May 12 at 20:35Permalink
    I thought last year's game was great, except that the scouting system was so broken that it pretty much ruined franchise mode for me (The only mode I play.) They need to completely redo college scouting and the draft.
  • Posted on 03 May 12 at 20:48Permalink
    I'm hoping for an improved Online Franchise. It was really bare bones last year, but it was in there for the first time. Really excited for what they're doing with this one this year.
  • AJayGAJayG171,278
    Posted on 03 May 12 at 21:43Permalink
    they never change online franchise been the same for last 4 seasons
  • AtomAtom361,006
    Posted on 03 May 12 at 22:42Permalink
    Presentation video was fantastic, hopefully the NHL team will follow in their footsteps.
  • Posted on 03 May 12 at 23:54Permalink
    06 last good madden.
  • MAJORPOOPYMAJORPOOPY848,769
    Posted on 04 May 12 at 06:27, Edited on 04 May 12 at 06:40 by MAJORPOOPYPermalink
    Who was calling for a revamped start menu? How dumbed down does it need to be? I will buy another Madden game once they put create-a-play and create-a-playbook back in. These games are basically glorified roster updates with some minor UI and presentation updates. Tiburon has been using the same game engine for years it seems like. It's sad that EA has a monopoly on sports games. They don't listen to the fans, and then make these asinine updates and make them seem like a genre changer.

I'm really hoping they deliver on the defensive AI part. I rage so hard when defensive backs make near impossible plays on the ball. (Not looking back, cutting with the receiver while not even looking at him, etc.)
  • ZombifiedZombified1,151,886
    Posted on 04 May 12 at 14:03Permalink
    I was thinking about picking it up till I saw Schlereth. What an @$$ hat.

Actually I'm excited. I've seen more about gameplay changes this year vs. all the prior years where they brag about graphics or stadium shite. Hopefully we see some actual improvements. Not another add on feature they remove next year. (QB pointing out someone to block anyone?)
  • Posted on 04 May 12 at 19:58Permalink
    The video didn't get me excited but the game does look nice
  • Posted on 05 May 12 at 21:12Permalink
    Zacry072 said:
    Take out the card game (Ultimate Team, or whatever it was called), or at least take out achievements associated with it.
    Thank you! They seem to put it in every sports title now and I find it terrible. Probably find a way to put it in their PGA offering...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.