The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox 360 Sale Roundup: September 17th, 2019

• Tatl360Tatl360228,917
    Posted on 17 September 19 at 23:28Permalink
    Thrawn526 said:
    I think it may check that you have enough room for the download before it will even try starting. I can't say for sure though since I have never run up that close to the edge yet.
    Yes I guess it does if it's the first on queue, meaning the current download.
    The next downloads don't seem to use space until they start.
    I have a queue on my secondary 360 and the purchases are confirmed. It's possible to cancel before the download start.

atryeu1 said:
    I have a game I can remove if I need to that's on disc and will be awhile before I get around to it I think. I just haven't had time to check. I can't do anything either way until after midnight because of my metered bandwidth -_-
    You really should get a 32 or 16 GB flash USB thing. They sell them in pharmacies/drugstores? here.

I use those official 8 and 16 GB and the 8 GB does not allow most games on demand, so get at least 16.
    A near full hard disk start to behave slow for some reason.
  • xNeo21xxNeo21x586,426
    Posted on 18 September 19 at 01:40Permalink
    Shady XXIV said:
    Pmalone6 said:
    Shady XXIV said:
    Pmalone6 said:
    Never tried out the Just Cause series and if I'm able to get the first two for $2.50 it's as good a time as any - count me in!
    honestly, the first one is the worst game i have ever played lol i'm currently finishing the last few achievements and man its so boring.
    Perhaps it'll give me a "better appreciation" for the sequels or I'll spend 5 minutes on it and never touch it again but worth the risk for $0.99 :)
    the beginning of the game is cool (the story missions for example) but after that, liberating provinces is so boring and the map was designed by an 8 year old the cities are so far away from each others its ridiculous. i hope too that the 2nd one will be better roll
    but yeah for 1 dollar that's rly not that big of a deal ahah :)
    I've got 100% in the entire series and I would recommend skipping the first one. However, the rest are pretty good and in my opinion, 3 is the best. If you can get it with the Land, Sea, and Air dlc pack, I definitely recommend. Also to really increase your enjoyment of Just Cause 3, start the Sky Fortress dlc asap, and after completing the 1st mission, complete some of the Sky Fortress wingsuit challenges and then continue with the rest of the game.
  • Thrawn526Thrawn526311,207
    Posted on 18 September 19 at 02:02Permalink
    Tatl360 said:
    Thrawn526 said:
    I think it may check that you have enough room for the download before it will even try starting. I can't say for sure though since I have never run up that close to the edge yet.
    I have a queue on my secondary 360 and the purchases are confirmed. It's possible to cancel before the download start.
    Right, forgot about the download queue. That would probably work in that case.
  • atryeu1atryeu1226,702
    Posted on 18 September 19 at 02:46Permalink
    Tatl360 said:
    Thrawn526 said:

atryeu1 said:
    I have a game I can remove if I need to that's on disc and will be awhile before I get around to it I think. I just haven't had time to check. I can't do anything either way until after midnight because of my metered bandwidth -_-
    You really should get a 32 or 16 GB flash USB thing. They sell them in pharmacies/drugstores? here.

I use those official 8 and 16 GB and the 8 GB does not allow most games on demand, so get at least 16.
    A near full hard disk start to behave slow for some reason.
    USB sticks are kinda hard to find in the area with a decent size (don't see many beyond 2GB) and our 2 'big' local stores are actually on the verge of a strike at the moment. No idea where anybody in town will be shopping if they do -_-

I don't let the HD get full ;) I would have room for the DLC actually, I just don't ever let it go below 20GB free because it's not good on the HDs (game or computer) to be so full. I always assume 20GB = 0 on the drive so I just am careful not to use space beyond that. If I can ever get this PS2 game done and get back to my Xbox I have some of the GWG to play that I will remove after for sure and at least one will free up nearly 10GB all on it's own and another was 6 or 7GB I believe. Anyway, the DLC would take it below 20GB by a bit and I didn't want it to drop below that.
  • CenosisCenosis92,819
    Posted on 18 September 19 at 04:30Permalink
    I'm gunna pick up three Mass Effect 2 DLCs and two for Sleeping Dogs.

Thank you to the posters who alerted us about the content that didn't show up in TA's list. They always seem to drop the ball on something in these weekly sales, usually DLC too.
  • Posted on 18 September 19 at 06:19Permalink
    Is Bully worth it?
  • Posted on 18 September 19 at 09:27Permalink
    FireDrake007 said:
    comptonstar said:
    FireDrake007 said:
    I am mostly interested in dlc sales. Since none of the ones I was looking for seem to go on sale, I would settle for Silent Hill Homecoming. They haven't had it on sale in years. Hopefully they have it in the Halloween sale.
    yeah me too, i search SH Homecoming for like ten years from now, but i never find it.
    i had it on disc and I lost it.
    It was on sale a couple of years ago for a short period of time during the Halloween season for I think $6. Unfortunately I didn't get it at that time. I have been waiting for that sale to come back again ever since.
    maaaan wtf i missed that, i hope they will sale him on this halloween like you said
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76464,181
    Posted on 18 September 19 at 10:50Permalink
    atryeu1 said:
    I don't let the HD get full ;) I would have room for the DLC actually, I just don't ever let it go below 20GB free because it's not good on the HDs (game or computer) to be so full.
    I believe the operating system is separated from the "free space" available for game installation, so it really doesn't matter. I've had it completely filled and didn't have any issues.

Different story on your PC's system drive. But that's not the case here...
  • atryeu1atryeu1226,702
    Posted on 18 September 19 at 17:40Permalink
    SilentJay76 said:
    atryeu1 said:
    I don't let the HD get full ;) I would have room for the DLC actually, I just don't ever let it go below 20GB free because it's not good on the HDs (game or computer) to be so full.
    I believe the operating system is separated from the "free space" available for game installation, so it really doesn't matter. I've had it completely filled and didn't have any issues.

Good to hear you didn't have problems. As somebody who's worked with computers for upwards of 30 years though and who can't afford another system anytime soon, I'd rather be safe than sorry. It still is a normal hard drive either way and it's more of a strain if it's completely full. I'd rather not let it drop below 20gb to be on the safe side :P

Uninstalling one of the games I haven't played on disc was enough combined with what was already free to make room for the 4 DLCs last night. Just need the last DLC for the 1st Mass Effect now but I haven't seen that on sale since I've had high speed internet...
  • Tatl360Tatl360228,917
    Posted on 19 September 19 at 03:39Permalink
    SilentJay76 said:
    atryeu1 said:

I've experienced the annoyance with an almost full hard disk in one Xbox 360. I remember Forza Horizon 2 not working correctly. It said save corrupted sometimes, the screen stayed black after loading in other occasions. So I've deleted some installed games and it worked alright.
    I don't think it's fun to lose a save file in Horizon 2, the most grindy of them.
    Also it may become really slow when moving or even when downloading a small update.

In other newer 360 I've never noticed anything, and it was almost full. But now I delete some games that I will not play so soon to avoid such problem.
    Also never noticed anything on the Xbox One but I've never let it with less than 80 GB or something.
    If it happened before it can happen again.
  • Posted on 19 September 19 at 12:46Permalink
    Legendgenesis said:
    Is Bully worth it?
    All day, every day.

It can be glitchy, but a fun game to play.
  • Posted on 20 September 19 at 04:52Permalink
    OMG, is this REALLY the first time that "1942: Joint Strike" has ever been on sale? I didn't think a 360 game would ever be a "virgin" sale item ever again. :-)
  • Posted on 21 September 19 at 20:41Permalink
    Yukon Cornelius said:
    OMG, is this REALLY the first time that "1942: Joint Strike" has ever been on sale? I didn't think a 360 game would ever be a "virgin" sale item ever again. :-)
    I wonder why Major Nelson didn't catch this one, and TA missed the DLC. Even though Capcom is doing a publisher sale on some of their stuff, this one never popped up on the radar. I wonder what other games/add-ons don't get mentioned when these sales go on. Seems like you could miss on a lot of stuff since it's the publishers job to inform people about sales and not Microsoft unfortunately.
  • atryeu1atryeu1226,702
    Posted on 21 September 19 at 21:04Permalink
    sonikchilidog said:
    Yukon Cornelius said:
    I wonder why Major Nelson didn't catch this one, and TA missed the DLC. Even though Capcom is doing a publisher sale on some of their stuff, this one never popped up on the radar. I wonder what other games/add-ons don't get mentioned when these sales go on. Seems like you could miss on a lot of stuff since it's the publishers job to inform people about sales and not Microsoft unfortunately.
    Yep, and it's not remotely helpful when a notice of some sort isn't included on the Xbox 360 Dashboard somewhere. The icon under the Games tab has been stuck on some Call of Duty game forever it seems. Haven't seen a publisher sale or anything mentioned in a long time. Even most of the Deals with Gold don't get listed it seems and you have to go out of your way to try and find them anymore. It makes it very difficult to find anything.
  • Posted on 28 September 19 at 15:13Permalink
    i have almost all games on that list... but not supreme commander 2... lets buy it laugh
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.