Bug Reports - Archive

Archive of Bug Reports

Big font size for titles

• romo7816romo7816901,967
    Posted on 17 September 19 at 16:55
    When I am on my phone all of a sudden the fronts for the titles of the news feed are huge. Can you please look into this. Thank you.
  • Posted on 17 September 19 at 19:29
    Are you using Chrome on your phone?
    See You Space Cowboy...
  • DingadillyDingadilly2,740,114
    Posted on 17 September 19 at 20:15
    I'm using Samsung internet (which might well be chrome in disguise) on a galaxy s9+ and I too have giant font headline tiny font main body and it's quite jarring, spent the day thinking I'd hit some accessibility option by accident. Will test in another browser on same phone to verify.
  • Posted on 17 September 19 at 20:21, Edited on 17 September 19 at 20:21 by Reborn Insanity
    Thanks for the info.

There was a recent update to Chrome I believe and it has been messing with a lot of text and page sizes on mobile. The devs are aware and have been working on it the past couple days. I'll forward this on to them, but I believe they were already discussing this exact issue. A fix could be in place by tomorrow.
    See You Space Cowboy...
  • DingadillyDingadilly2,740,114
    Posted on 17 September 19 at 20:27
    Firefox is fine and as it used to and should look. Going to TA via the bing app (eventually) gets me to TA and again everything looks normal and proper. Although my phone comes pre loaded with chrome a quick look just now shows I've never been past the " welcome to chrome, please accept our terms and conditions" I refused and havent actually used it, ever.

My big font headline problem is confined thus far exclusively to my Samsung internet browser. Hadn't noticed any updates for it recently but then I haven't really been paying that much attention. I'll have a poke around in the settings for that tomorrow when I should be working.
  • Posted on 17 September 19 at 20:40, Edited on 17 September 19 at 20:46 by Leo Ascendent
    Experiencing the same, I take a lot of screencaps (100%, MCC progress, etc.) for my Instagram and the difference is very telling. Will try FF like Ding suggested.

Edit: Eh, looks like trash in Edge and FF
    youtube.com/glddgaming - mixer.com/leo_ascendent
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,567,910
    Posted on 17 September 19 at 21:15
    Dingadilly said:
    I'm using Samsung internet (which might well be chrome in disguise).
    Samsung internet is based off Chromium, which is the same browser/code base Chrome is based off (Google develops both Chrome and Chromium).
  • romo7816romo7816901,967
    Posted on 17 September 19 at 22:13, Edited on 17 September 19 at 22:16 by romo7816
    I have Samsung phone too and when i did it on Chrome it is big font too when you are on the desktop site.
  • Posted on 05 January 20 at 00:14
    This is being archived in an effort to clean up the bug report forums and this post predates the new 2019/2020 TA site design. If you are still experiencing this bug on the new site, please create a new detailed bug report and it will be logged and looked at.

Thank you.
    See You Space Cowboy...
  • Information
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads