Game Discussion: We Were Here Forum

Does This Work?

AuthorMessage
PolarBearCA
PolarBearCA
Posted on 18 September 19 at 01:21
I have repeatedly tried to launch this game, and it repeatedly crashes to the dashboard. It crashes in different places in the loading process, and when I finally got in one time and invited a partner to play, it immediately crashed before ever loading.

I've done all the reset-console and the usual stuff you do when this stuff happens and nothing seems to help. I've searched the web for the publisher's site and they have no real support, just an email for "tech help" that seems more oriented toward the PC side.

Obviously others have been able to get it to work since there are some achievements completed... so my question is... how? Did you have problems? If so, how did you resolve them?

I would really have liked to play this today.
TheSuperstino
TheSuperstino
Posted on 18 September 19 at 12:50, Edited on 18 September 19 at 12:57 by TheSuperstino
Maybe you'll be happy to hear that you're not the only one with this problem. I've emailed the developers about it with as much information as possible. Will let you know if they find anything.

I've also heard that your microphone stops working if you're kicked from a game (not a lobby). If that's so, that'd be awful.

UPDATE
The developers responded within just a few minutes.
Dear Stino,

Thank you for your report. We will try to resolve these issues ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Kind regards,
Total Mayhem Games
~Stino
fangerdanga
fangerdanga
Posted on 18 September 19 at 13:18
I get a "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found"
Must have been taken down
Bellatrixz
Bellatrixz
Posted on 28 September 19 at 15:06, Edited on 28 September 19 at 23:18 by Bellatrixz
I'm also having problems getting this game to launch, it keeps crashing.

How are people managing to play it?
SheBeatsYou
SheBeatsYou
Posted on 28 September 19 at 16:17, Edited on 28 September 19 at 16:18 by SheBeatsYou
I played about a week ago but it barely worked. Never booted me until the end my main issue was Voice chat was not working and it forced us to break up the party chat to start the game so I ended up calling my teammate and we just talked on the phone instead of chat. (Dark Souls style) Got up to the play part and got booted. When we went back in it reset us to the puzzle before that one that has the random gen spikes. We said Fk it at that point. Game needs a ton of work Ill check back in a month n try again.
Davehx
Davehx
Posted on 28 September 19 at 18:05
I just got a reply from them.....

Sam from Total Mayhem Games said:
Hi Dave,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble playing We Were Here on Xbox One. We found the issue that caused the crash and a patch has been send to Xbox, but it takes a while for them to distribute the version to all players. In the meanwhile, if you have an Xbox Kinect attached to your console you can try detachting it and launch the game again. Please let me know if this helped for you.

Kind regards,

Sam
Lead Developer @
Total Mayhem Games
http://totalmayhemgames.com/
Bellatrixz
Bellatrixz
Posted on 28 September 19 at 23:22
I messaged the Devs as well and got the same reply as Dave, i actually tried what he suggested (Unplug the Kinect) and that worked for me, i was able to play the game first try with no crashes.

If anyone else has a Kinect plugged in, try removing it.
TheSuperstino
TheSuperstino
Posted on 30 September 19 at 19:00
Wow, that's a very odd bug. Glad it's an easy fix!
~Stino
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.