Game Discussion: Borderlands 3 Forum

Circle of Slaughter (Slaughterstar 3000)

AuthorMessage
Scotty x360a
Scotty x360a
Posted on 18 September 19 at 08:50
Has anyone managed to do this, solo at level 50? I think i've left it too late to do it and the enemies here are all of the hardest in the game, i can't get even close to beating round 3.

They just throw 5-10 heavies at you at once, all with different elements, so the shock ones take your shield in an instant, then the fire and/or corrosive ones set you alight/corrode you and your health just drains to zero. Then there's always at least 2 NOGs that keep the permanent shields on some of them but finding them in the middle of all the chaos is basically impossible.

I would consider myself above average at this game and have completed every Borderlands and every version of each game on my own with little issue but this is beyond me. Its even on the easier of the 2 difficulties that you can choose at the beginning of the game too.
Dizyne
Dizyne
Posted on 18 September 19 at 09:45
I was able to do it solo with my Siren at level 50, but totally built as a tank with tons of sustain, the other 2 were much easier than this one
meow meow meow
Scotty x360a
Scotty x360a
Posted on 18 September 19 at 14:58
I finally managed to do it, solo. I had to go and farm some bosses and enemies for better equipment and got very lucky with a legendary shield that instantly recharges when it depletes and only has a 20 sec cooldown to trigger, that was imperative to my success i think. Still, it is very hard and much harder than the other 2.
R3f1CuL
R3f1CuL
Posted on 19 September 19 at 04:23
I did it solo with Zane of all people so if he can do it, anyone can tbh because Zane is easily the single worst/weakest character in the game sadly. Those bosses in round 5 were a slog tho. Chewed up all my ammo and my hand hurt afterward because of how crap Zanes single target dps is :(
Scotty x360a
Scotty x360a
Posted on 19 September 19 at 14:31
The issue with it is the heavies it throws at you that all complement each other and destroy you in seconds if you get caught up in it. The shock ones drain your shield, then the fire ones drain your health. Luckily i have an auto-second wind from a skill that has a 2 minute cooldown, so when that happened i just ran away for 2 mins so i always had it as a back up.

Quite enjoyed them for the most part, definitely very intense and satisfying to finally beat them. The circle of slaughter against the animals/beasts was more frustrating though, those Rakks that just fly in circles and don't attack for ages, so fucking irritating. :D
R3f1CuL
R3f1CuL
Posted on 20 September 19 at 15:38, Edited on 20 September 19 at 15:39 by R3f1CuL
The transformer makes it a cake walk tbh. It converts 100% of shock damage to shields. You get it for a side quest somewhere on Nekrotafeyo? Think that's the spelling so if you are having trouble just go knock that out and slap that bad boy on. High cap and excellent abilities make it a pretty top tier shield IMHO. Also totally agree, flying enemies in this game are full blown cancer. No clue with the horrid frame rates, the erratic flying patterns and the questionable sensitivity you are expected to hit those things. I literally just flakkered them to death and hoped for the best tbh.
Cro11
Cro11
Posted on 20 September 19 at 15:42
I just got the transformer with 40% chance to absorb bullets. Seems super op
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.