Game Discussion: Gears POP! Forum

How the hell does scoring work? So damn inconsistent

AuthorMessage
F TANK
F TANK
Posted on 18 September 19 at 11:30
Seems like when I win i typically only get 24 points and on rare occasion get anything more it seems regardless of the players iron or character level but then when I lose, I always seem to lose more than I get to win back. Someone lower than me in character level and/or iron most certainly gets 34 or 35 points. If they have 100+ more Iron than I do and 2 character levels higher than me...they still get 34 or 35 points. Sometimes even 70 if a player rage quit the previous match.

Wtf?
Also- why dont we get the full amount of Iron the player loses all the time? It says they lost 25 Iron but then I only get awarded 24.
I tried seeing a pattern but levels/iron doesnt make a difference. Doesnt matter if I wiped out 1 or 2 sentries and time ran out, take out all 3, or wiped a player out in under a minute, etc.
Slugger Maxman
Posted on 18 September 19 at 14:02
It is very infuriating, indeed. I have lost about 50 several times without reason, in matches that were basically a tie except for a couple seconds.
Drazer76
Drazer76
Posted on 18 September 19 at 21:15
Levels isn’t involved in it at all. Just the cogs.

The gain/loss, I don’t think it comes from them as such, which is why it is never an exact match (24/25 etc).
I guess looking at a few, when they are 100 cogs above or below you, it makes you get more or less, I gained 35 when I beat a 1600 when I was just under 1500, but only gained 25 when I did it the other way around
Ace#4617
Ace
Posted on 19 September 19 at 05:00
Its about gears. If you want full details of the system look up MMR matchmaking, but I'll try to simplify. You get gears based on your relative rank to another player, if you win a bunch of games you'll get matches against players of a higher rating, higher skill in theory, and get more gears for winning those games because of the more difficult opponent. If you lose a lot of games you'll get matched against players of lower rating, lower skill in theory, and if you win you'll get fewer gears because they are an easier opponent. I've noted a cap of around 35 max and 15 minimum for gain/loss.

As for the actual matches in arena you get around double the gears your opponent loses, or perhaps your opponent loses half of what you gain, either way. In bronze the winner gears 2 more than the loser, and I don't know about silver/gold yet. If you are getting less than this its likely carry over from previous disconnects as, right now, disconnects count as a loss for both players, really dumb and needs fixing but that is how it is. Because of how gears update in the game this loss isn't shown till the next match.
GYS GHOST
GYS GHOST
Posted on 19 September 19 at 12:14, Edited on 19 September 19 at 12:20 by GYS GHOST
The mmr is lower in the first 3 stars of bonus chests, "winning 3 and losing 1" with this method went up to gold.(at lvl 10-11)
If we are strong, our strength will speak for itself. If we are weak, words will be of no help. John F. Kennedy
Ace#4617
Ace
Posted on 19 September 19 at 17:48
GYS GHOST said:
The mmr is lower in the first 3 stars of bonus chests, "winning 3 and losing 1" with this method went up to gold.(at lvl 10-11)
No, you just got lucky. MMR is your gear score, that is all that matters in matchmaking, not level or pin level or anything else.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.