Game Discussion: DiRT Rally 2.0 Forum

Time to complete and achievement questions

AuthorMessage
tuhin94
tuhin94
Posted on 18 September 19 at 17:26
Anyone have an estimate for about how long it takes to complete Dirt Rally 2.0?

Also, are there any achievements that get locked out if you select a certain difficulty?

Any other tips for unlocking every achievement?

Really excited for this game coming to Game Pass, so I want to make sure I have a rough roadmap ready to go for when it does.
Regards, Tuhin
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 18 September 19 at 17:34
As of right now, not many time completion estimates have been entered, but here they are anyway:
DiRT Rally 2.0 Completiontime

Also, the achievement flags don't show any difficulty-related achievements, so you should be good there.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
tuhin94
tuhin94
Posted on 18 September 19 at 17:52
Shinnizle said:
As of right now, not many time completion estimates have been entered, but here they are anyway:
DiRT Rally 2.0 Completiontime

Also, the achievement flags don't show any difficulty-related achievements, so you should be good there.
Nice, thanks! Hadn’t seen too many estimates so I figure I’d ask to be safe. Looks like it is plenty long and fun!

Same for the difficulty achievements, since there were a couple of games in the past where one or two achievements required another playthrough. Small sample size for sure, but better safe than sorry!
Schinderdiv
Schinderdiv
Posted on 18 September 19 at 20:48
Having just completed the game today, I'm clocked in at just over 200 hours, but I've spent a lot of time just having fun. I haven't entered a completion estimate on the site for this reason. If you're just going for achievements, it would probably be a quarter of that time.

The one achievement likely to give most people trouble is
DiRT Rally 2.0Fire Up That Car... AgainThe Fire Up That Car... Again achievement in DiRT Rally 2.0 worth 100 pointsFinish in the top tier of an Audi Sport quattro S1 E2 Daily in Community Events

A lot of us have only been able to get that one when a rare 4WD Group B Delta Daily Challenge appears. Unless you're REALLY good, you might have to check daily until another appears, there was just one yesterday and [I could be wrong, but] I believe there have only been 3 or 4 since the game released.
If you have to ask, you're streets behind.
tuhin94
tuhin94
Posted on 18 September 19 at 21:32
Schinderdiv said:
Having just completed the game today, I'm clocked in at just over 200 hours, but I've spent a lot of time just having fun. I haven't entered a completion estimate on the site for this reason. If you're just going for achievements, it would probably be a quarter of that time.

The one achievement likely to give most people trouble is
DiRT Rally 2.0Fire Up That Car... AgainThe Fire Up That Car... Again achievement in DiRT Rally 2.0 worth 100 pointsFinish in the top tier of an Audi Sport quattro S1 E2 Daily in Community Events

A lot of us have only been able to get that one when a rare 4WD Group B Delta Daily Challenge appears. Unless you're REALLY good, you might have to check daily until another appears, there was just one yesterday and [I could be wrong, but] I believe there have only been 3 or 4 since the game released.
Perfect, thanks for the breakdown. The fact that you have been enjoying the game so much makes me look forward to it even more. The one achievement you mentioned, is it much harder than the similar ones they had for the first Dirt Rally?
Schinderdiv
Schinderdiv
Posted on 18 September 19 at 21:51, Edited on 18 September 19 at 21:51 by Schinderdiv
Assuming your skill is average (I mean no offense by this, I just don't want to assume anything), as long as a Delta Daily comes by you'll have no problem. I'd consider myself slightly above average skill with this game, and for the regular 4WD Group B daily challenges that weren't a delta, I was almost always placing in the middle of the second tier out of four tiers. The times are very competitive, and since they only happen once a week or so, you really have to hope for a stage/location you're better at to come along. For example, I was always at a disadvantage when Poland showed up because I can NOT get a good time in Poland with the Audi. It's simply not possible for me, haha.

Compared to
DiRT RallyA Whole Lot of CheddarThe A Whole Lot of Cheddar achievement in DiRT Rally worth 136 pointsWin the maximum return on your stake in a Wager Event in Online Events.
- I'd say this is slightly easier, just because there will be the occasional delta. If it weren't for the delta, I'd say similar difficulty.
tuhin94
tuhin94
Posted on 19 September 19 at 14:39
Schinderdiv said:
Assuming your skill is average (I mean no offense by this, I just don't want to assume anything), as long as a Delta Daily comes by you'll have no problem. I'd consider myself slightly above average skill with this game, and for the regular 4WD Group B daily challenges that weren't a delta, I was almost always placing in the middle of the second tier out of four tiers. The times are very competitive, and since they only happen once a week or so, you really have to hope for a stage/location you're better at to come along. For example, I was always at a disadvantage when Poland showed up because I can NOT get a good time in Poland with the Audi. It's simply not possible for me, haha.

Compared to
DiRT RallyA Whole Lot of CheddarThe A Whole Lot of Cheddar achievement in DiRT Rally worth 136 pointsWin the maximum return on your stake in a Wager Event in Online Events.
- I'd say this is slightly easier, just because there will be the occasional delta. If it weren't for the delta, I'd say similar difficulty.
Appreciate the detailed help, Schinderdiv :-) Always helps when someone uses a point of reference! I had a look at the Dirt Rally 2.0 website and I think I've got a hang of how to navigate the events page.

As for some of the championship-type achievements, did you find that you unlocked a bunch of other achievements along the way when going for them?
Schinderdiv
Schinderdiv
Posted on 19 September 19 at 20:51, Edited on 19 September 19 at 20:58 by Schinderdiv
This was meant to be a quick response, and has turned into a mini-guide, haha. This is probably more than you need to know!

About half of the achievements will be won relatively easily just playing career, between rally and rallycross. Most of the rest are easily completed by setting up simple custom events. The championships will feel the most tedious because they take place outside of career and don't earn credits, which you need for Watch the DELTA in DiRT Rally 2.0 and Living the Dream in DiRT Rally 2.0. I don't recall getting a whole lot of credits from the lower-level career races, in either rally or rallycross.

I had trouble with Watch the DELTA in DiRT Rally 2.0 unlocking and had to sell and re-buy 2 cars until it unlocked, and I also had trouble with UPGRADED in DiRT Rally 2.0 and had to downgrade and re-upgrade a car to unlock it. As far as I'm aware that was for those of us who started the game before a particular update and it should work normally now, but it's something to be aware of - just in case.

Also, to upgrade the Audi Sport quattro S1 E2 to be more competitive for the daily achievement, you'll need to drive it quite a bit (I think it was around 200 miles when I unlocked the final upgrade [which also cost a lot of credits]), I did it all in career so I could make money doing it (also I don't know if custom championships count towards owned car mileage), but be sure to play all of the daily/weekly events you can to rack up credits faster, both for that and to buy the Group A/B cars.

Lastly, when playing through the championships, be sure to follow my advice in my solutions for Back to the 80s in DiRT Rally 2.0 and Group B Master in DiRT Rally 2.0 to save yourself a bit of time. You don't have to play all championships in a set to progress to the next set so get them both done at once. I felt the guides were necessary because I noticed that once achievement has been unlocked more than the other. Oh, and also for Time Machine in DiRT Rally 2.0 I played all three of the classic rally championships because I misread the achievement description. Although there's a guide now to help avoid confusion, you only have to play one of the classic rally championships before moving on to the next set, so you can use the Audi in the Group B championship, and therefore be two-thirds done with Time Machine and have several other championship achievements in the process.
tuhin94
tuhin94
Posted on 19 September 19 at 21:00
Schinderdiv said:
This was meant to be a quick response, and has turned into a mini-guide, haha. This is probably more than you need to know!

About half of the achievements will be won relatively easily just playing career, between rally and rallycross. Most of the rest are easily completed by setting up simple custom events. The championships will feel the most tedious because they take place outside of career and don't earn credits, which you need for Watch the DELTA in DiRT Rally 2.0 and Living the Dream in DiRT Rally 2.0. I don't recall getting a whole lot of credits from the lower-level career races, in either rally or rallycross.

I had trouble with Watch the DELTA in DiRT Rally 2.0 unlocking and had to sell and re-buy 2 cars until it unlocked, and I also had trouble with UPGRADED in DiRT Rally 2.0 and had to downgrade and re-upgrade a car to unlock it. As far as I'm aware that was for those of us who started the game before a particular update and it should work normally now, but it's something to be aware of - just in case.

Also, to upgrade the Audi Sport quattro S1 E2 to be more competitive for the daily achievement, you'll need to drive it quite a bit (I think it was around 200 miles when I unlocked the final upgrade [which also cost a lot of credits]), I did it all in career so I could make money doing it (also I don't know if custom championships count towards owned car mileage), but be sure to play all of the daily/weekly events you can to rack up credits faster, both for that and to buy the Group A/B cars.

Lastly, when playing through the championships, be sure to follow my advice in my solutions for Back to the 80s in DiRT Rally 2.0 and Group B Master in DiRT Rally 2.0 to save yourself a bit of time. You don't have to play all championships in a set to progress to the next set so get them both done at once. I felt the guides were necessary because I noticed that once achievement has been unlocked more than the other. Oh, and also for Time Machine in DiRT Rally 2.0 I played all three of the classic rally championships because I misread the achievement description. Although there's a guide now to help avoid confusion, you only have to play one of the classic rally championships before moving on to the next set, so you can use the Audi in the Group B championship, and therefore be ? done with Time Machine and have several other championship achievements in the process.
This is awesome, thank you again! I hope you consider writing the walkthrough for this game because you explained everything very well.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.