Game Discussion: Borderlands 3 Forum

Warning -- You can lose all your banked items!

AuthorMessage
OhMyGoth1
OhMyGoth1
Posted on 18 September 19 at 23:32
So this rather nasty bug just happened to me...

Had 40 legendaries and uniques stored in my bank, checked it today to swap out some gear, and the bank was empty. 0/40. Everything gone...

Did some googling, and it seems like this is not all that uncommon -- lots of reddit threads and gearbox forum posts about it, but no solutions and no acknowledgement of the issue yet.

Just a heads up to all you guys playing now, until this is patched, you might want to keep all your really good stuff in your inventory.
AMDMgames
AMDMgames
Posted on 19 September 19 at 03:33
Good to know! That sucks that you lost all your stuff, I feel for you man. Thanks for the heads up.
R3f1CuL
R3f1CuL
Posted on 19 September 19 at 08:49
Yep. Lost like 25-ish legendaries. And my guardian rank is in the negative. Definitely just gonna let this game simmer for a while and wait for some much needed stability patched and achievement fix updates as all my remaining achs are glitched. YAY!
SquiSquiSquidio
Posted on 19 September 19 at 12:11
Same thing happened with BL2 early on. Your bank and game were at risk of being corrupted for no reason. Kept me from playing for awhile until a fix was issued.
OhMyGoth1
OhMyGoth1
Posted on 19 September 19 at 13:01
I got a reply from Gearbox support asking for more information, so I'll update if anything useful comes out of it.

Honestly I am not so upset about losing my gear, I had nothing irreplaceable in there (I still haven't claimed my pre order bonuses, thankfully). But it's kinda not a great feeling knowing that I can just lose my stuff for no reason...
Scotty x360a
Scotty x360a
Posted on 19 September 19 at 14:25
Yeah that sucks, sorry to hear it. My bank is full oy legendaries since i've been farming yesterday and this morning. I made sure to put all the important stuff in my inventory though since reading this.
Ultamisia
Ultamisia
Posted on 20 September 19 at 15:04
happened to me as well after suffering from a crahs in co-op. It's sad cuz i want to play with friends, but risk of everything just getting nuked isn't a fun prospect. I now keep all my lengedaries on me...
OhMyGoth1
OhMyGoth1
Posted on 20 September 19 at 15:28
It sounds like this happens more often when playing co-op, but I've only ever played solo, so it can happen there too. (I usually play in offline mode because it may or may not help the framerate, so why not)
number1R1
number1R1
Posted on 20 September 19 at 22:06
It happened to me too on xboxone laying solo
XBox Assassin83
Posted on 21 September 19 at 22:26
I got nailed too.... I lost 30 Legendary and Several Uniques, anyone know what causes this?
OhMyGoth1
OhMyGoth1
Posted on 22 September 19 at 12:40
Their list of known issues only acknowledges it on PC and says it's related to cloud saves. They don't provide any info for console though...

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-09-18-borderlands-3-...
ICE Faux Pirate
Posted on 22 September 19 at 18:04
I'm not even using the bank right now just in case. I've got a second profile with 8 different toons to stash all my items on for now.
Doc, Doc, noose
Calex dEUS
Calex dEUS
Posted on 24 September 19 at 11:22, Edited on 24 September 19 at 11:22 by Calex dEUS
ICE Faux Pirate said:
I'm not even using the bank right now just in case. I've got a second profile with 8 different toons to stash all my items on for now.
Yeah same, you can easily give them cash too so you can max their backpack space. Only thing is you can't that I can see name them which you could do in BL2 made it handy in that you could call them shotgun, pistol etc.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.