Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Apex Legends Season 3: Meltdown Will Introduce Crypto and Reset Ranked Mode

AuthorMessage
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 20 September 19 at 10:25
New weapon, new Pass, and it all kicks off next month

Please click here to read the story: Apex Legends Season 3: Meltdown Will Introduce Crypto and Reset Ranked Mode
ElliotStone
ElliotStone
Posted on 20 September 19 at 10:31
Damn I was hoping for a 2x exp event to be released with season 3, I am level 43 and only cheev I need is level 50 but dont seem to enjoy the game anymore.
Elliot
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 20 September 19 at 10:41
ElliotStone said:
Damn I was hoping for a 2x exp event to be released with season 3, I am level 43 and only cheev I need is level 50 but dont seem to enjoy the game anymore.
This is only the initial release of info for Season Three, they've said there's more to come. I have no doubt that there will be an XP event of some sort around launch day.
benveg
benveg
Posted on 20 September 19 at 11:23
Crypto is OP, Gold is oldschool, Fiat is for noobs
Daimaju
Daimaju
Posted on 20 September 19 at 12:26
Im done with the game! I had a lot of fun right from the beginning, till the end of Season 1, but after I completed the game, there is no going back for me and all these things with BattlePass, Ranked League and so on, proof me right.
CRUM LEE
CRUM LEE
Posted on 20 September 19 at 12:32
Can't wait :)
Sir Paulygon
Sir Paulygon
Posted on 20 September 19 at 12:42
I'm curious about Crypto's abilities. I'm certain a drone and EMP grenade is involved. And, his passive might have to do with unlocking/locking doors in some fashion.

Almost have enough to unlock another Legend and he'll probably be the one I get next.
LiquidSodas
LiquidSodas
Posted on 20 September 19 at 13:54
I have one achievement left, getting 5,000 damage with 8 legends. Mirage is the closest to it but he has no offensive powers, it's taking forever.
Hooked on phonics
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 20 September 19 at 14:11
come on, give me a title update with another 1000gs and I'd come back!
Six4Prodigy
Six4Prodigy
Posted on 20 September 19 at 14:15
I don't play Apex much cause it reminds me of Fortnite without the building..If they added single player content like a campaign or somethin like Fortnite has with achievements attached to it I may end up playin it more..Just another game added to my backlog as it's hard for me to play online shooter games and try and get the achievements at the same time. Off topic, Anthem is really good. For right now it looks like they have fixed all the bugs in it. It's a little repetitive like Destiny but all in all it's a really great game. I'm glad i waited for it to drop in EA Access. Now hopefully they add A Way Out and any other Origin game to it too so i can play more EA games except for the sports games.
LiquidSodas
LiquidSodas
Posted on 20 September 19 at 14:15
If you guys are bad at winning games, just play during primetime twitch/mixerstreamer hours, 3 games I won I never fired a shot while one thirsty teammate carried the whole game.
The only useful thing I did was using Wattson's ultimate while we were holed up in a building.
Hooked on phonics
CRUM LEE
CRUM LEE
Posted on 20 September 19 at 14:25
LiquidSodas said:
I have one achievement left, getting 5,000 damage with 8 legends. Mirage is the closest to it but he has no offensive powers, it's taking forever.
Uhhh, use your weapons? Shouldn't be relying on legend abilities to get damage.
Dark Death 90
Dark Death 90
Posted on 21 September 19 at 02:28
Can't wait! I'm super addicted to this game. I'm glad they are not adding achievements, I can just have fun playing and not worry about it!
#1 Resident Evil Fan.
Hexa Fox
Hexa Fox
Posted on 21 September 19 at 07:21
Dark Death 90 said:
Can't wait! I'm super addicted to this game. I'm glad they are not adding achievements, I can just have fun playing and not worry about it!
My thoughts exactly. I have been playing the game since it came out. I feel bittersweet about not having new achievements but it does take the stress away when playing it for sure. I have been lacking in achievement hunting because of this game for sure.
Hexa Fox
Hexa Fox
Posted on 21 September 19 at 07:31
LiquidSodas said:
If you guys are bad at winning games, just play during primetime twitch/mixerstreamer hours, 3 games I won I never fired a shot while one thirsty teammate carried the whole game.
The only useful thing I did was using Wattson's ultimate while we were holed up in a building.
Good teammates are few and far between. I used to play with randoms but it has gotten too stressful and know a lot of other people feel the same way. Therefore, many people that are queuing solo are literal scrubs.

The pain of getting constant games where I have 2,000+ damage and my teammates have less than 100 is frustrating. What I am trying to say is I do not think it is wise to jump into games hoping to find a teammate to carry. Just my personal opinion.
Hexa Fox
Hexa Fox
Posted on 21 September 19 at 07:35
CRUM LEE said:
LiquidSodas said:
Uhhh, use your weapons? Shouldn't be relying on legend abilities to get damage.
Agreed. I do not favor Mirage much either but he should be one of the easiest characters to get damage with. You can set yourself up for some really easy high damage games using his abilities. People that are not used to fighting Mirage will fall for his decoy every time. Plus you can use his ultimate to position your self behind someone or on a flank to crush them.
I Ebon Hawk I
I Ebon Hawk I
Posted on 22 September 19 at 03:58, Edited on 22 September 19 at 03:59 by I Ebon Hawk I
I started playing Apex a month ago and I honestly regret it. Been having an insanely hard time getting wins. A lot of people still playing now are tryhards or streamers who have been playing the game 24/7 since the game launched. You absolutely need a good squad to have any chance of getting a win. The 3 wins I have gotten (in 200+ full matches) happened because I had a good squad. Most of the time you get awful teammates when you queue alone.
Hexa Fox
Hexa Fox
Posted on 22 September 19 at 06:37, Edited on 22 September 19 at 06:38 by Hexa Fox
I Ebon Hawk I said:
I started playing Apex a month ago and I honestly regret it. Been having an insanely hard time getting wins. A lot of people still playing now are tryhards or streamers who have been playing the game 24/7 since the game launched. You absolutely need a good squad to have any chance of getting a win. The 3 wins I have gotten (in 200+ full matches) happened because I had a good squad. Most of the time you get awful teammates when you queue alone.
Yep exactly what I was saying. It even makes it difficult to carry people now because you are fighting three other capable opponents and have a teammate that only wants the achievements. No offense or anything because I completely understand wanting to get it complete.

I do not think I can even help you being in England. The ping will probably be ridiculous. If you want go ahead and add me and I will try to help you. I am going to be pretty busy tomorrow but hands down the best time to try is the weekends. There are a lot more casual players on then.
Triple Triad777
Triple Triad777
Posted on 22 September 19 at 18:28
If anyone needs help with wins, let me know. I have almost 2k kills with lifeline alone, 200+ wins, and plenty of experience to carry someone lol.
AKfoy0face
AKfoy0face
Posted on 22 September 19 at 21:39
Great game just wish they would add more achievements.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.