Game Discussion: Gears 5 Forum

Unpopular Opinion

AuthorMessage
rad fad
rad fad
Posted on 21 September 19 at 04:32
Gears 4 is better than Gears 5.

First let me say, I did enjoy 5's campaign a hell of a lot more than 4, but for me, I only usually do the campaign a handful of times. My Gears replay value is in multi (VS, horde, beast, escape). When 4 came out I found myself addicted to the new horde mode, and playing versus nonstop for weeks. 5, I feel like I'm forcing myself to play, and when I do, I play maybe an hour and get bored.

I don't know if I'm just bitter still at the "early access" launch issues, which I took off work for, or that Gears 4 overall was just a better game.
fireiz
fireiz
Posted on 21 September 19 at 04:43
i actually believe this game is better but maybe u r looking at it from an achievement hunter point of view..this game is very grindy and diffucult to complete that is why probably u r hating it
Have no fear, Amjad is here
Homunculus Fury
Posted on 21 September 19 at 05:13
I've only played a few mp matches, but like you I think 5 has had a way better story. However, I feel, and maybe it's because I'm used to it. Gears 4 mp feels a bit more balanced? A death in gears 4 felt earned in gears 5 it feels cheap. This opinion may change but that's how I'm feeling at the moment.
Please excuse my typos I'm typing on my ducking phone.
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 21 September 19 at 09:09
Homunculus Fury said:
I've only played a few mp matches, but like you I think 5 has had a way better story. However, I feel, and maybe it's because I'm used to it. Gears 4 mp feels a bit more balanced? A death in gears 4 felt earned in gears 5 it feels cheap. This opinion may change but that's how I'm feeling at the moment.
I know exactly what you mean. TC purposely made it easier to get kills this time. OP Lancer, Breaker Mace with an AOE radius the size of Mars, the Grenade Launcher, crosshairs on the snipe.... it's the most noob-friendly Gears game ever.
KontoGR
KontoGR
Posted on 22 September 19 at 22:08
They're both shit
xRosierrox
xRosierrox
Posted on 23 September 19 at 00:25
KontoGR said:
They're both shit
https://66.media.tumblr.com/c7c91d77aaf71181bdd94e86850....gif
xRosierrox
JungAndReckless
Posted on 23 September 19 at 00:39, Edited on 23 September 19 at 00:40 by JungAndReckless
rad fad said:

First let me say, I did enjoy 5's campaign a hell of a lot more than 4, but for me, I only usually do the campaign a handful of times. My Gears replay value is in multi (VS, horde, beast, escape). When 4 came out I found myself addicted to the new horde mode, and playing versus nonstop for weeks. 5, I feel like I'm forcing myself to play, and when I do, I play maybe an hour and get bored.

I don't know if I'm just bitter still at the "early access" launch issues, which I took off work for, or that Gears 4 overall was just a better game.
I feel like to hardcore fans, the versus is probably worse, but it's much better to people like me who didn't really like "gnashers of war." I always like horde, and don't really mind any changes they ever make to it. The campaign definitely feels like what Gears 4 should have been as well. Escape is cool too, despite a lack of replay value.
Mercado
Mercado
Posted on 23 September 19 at 20:32
Gears 5 is way better than Gears 4 from what I've played. Gears 4 mp was more braindead than this game and that's why people like it more.
Homunculus Fury
Posted on 24 September 19 at 19:19
JungAndReckless said:
rad fad said:

I feel like to hardcore fans, the versus is probably worse, but it's much better to people like me who didn't really like "gnashers of war." I always like horde, and don't really mind any changes they ever make to it. The campaign definitely feels like what Gears 4 should have been as well. Escape is cool too, despite a lack of replay value.
I can appreciate what you're saying. I didn't particularly like gnashers of war but you go with what works. They have been trying to move away from shotgun battles since 3. So far any changes has been met with outrage. With that said for example I was killed by a guy with a long shot replay showed him being killed at exactly the same time as me yet he was able to pull off a headshot. Aim assist was a little to helpful there IMO. But like I said I'll either get used to it or move on.
Shay3SaintJohn
Posted on 27 September 19 at 14:53
Gears 4 was better. Campaign was longer (5 acts compared to 4), horde was better and the rng pack system wasn't as bad as we said it was. Hate the new unlock system
JungAndReckless
Posted on 27 September 19 at 20:40
Shay3SaintJohn said:
Gears 4 was better. Campaign was longer (5 acts compared to 4), horde was better and the rng pack system wasn't as bad as we said it was. Hate the new unlock system
Gears 5 is far longer. The number of acts doesn't really mean anything, Acts 1 and 2 in Gears 4 only took a few hours, while Acts 2 and 3 in Gears 5 are very long. Theoretically, if you only do story missions it is shorter, but if you do even some side missions it is longer.
Mercado
Mercado
Posted on 27 September 19 at 21:27, Edited on 27 September 19 at 21:27 by Mercado
Shay3SaintJohn said:
The rng system was way worse. On release it took way too long to earn credits to buy lootboxes. Prices for lootboxes were lowered over the game's lifespan and credit earn rates were increased as well. Scraping cards was a bad numbers game too. Scrap one common card and you get 5 scrap. You either hope you get 1 of those common cards you want or have to scrap 8 common cards you don't want to finally be able to create that ONE common card. It gets worse the rarer the card.
BlackxRyan
BlackxRyan
Posted on 02 October 19 at 08:19
I agree for the Horde, except for the RNG system, it was better in 4. And I absolutely hate that forced character bullshit, I don't know why they have done that.
Shay3SaintJohn
Posted on 02 October 19 at 13:04
JungAndReckless said:
Shay3SaintJohn said:
Gears 5 is far longer. The number of acts doesn't really mean anything, Acts 1 and 2 in Gears 4 only took a few hours, while Acts 2 and 3 in Gears 5 are very long. Theoretically, if you only do story missions it is shorter, but if you do even some side missions it is longer.
Meh, side missions weren't really optional if you wanted to fully upgrade Jack. I liked the open world idea but it didn't feel fully fleshed out.

What I liked in Gears 4 was that they made use of new things in the game. The fabricator for horde was present in the campaign and got you familiar with it. Yeah the building parts of the campaign kind of sucked but at least it was showing you a new feature.

Gears 5 should've had a hive to escape from, you know like the Escape mode?
JungAndReckless
Posted on 02 October 19 at 13:57
Shay3SaintJohn said:
JungAndReckless said:
Shay3SaintJohn said:
Meh, side missions weren't really optional if you wanted to fully upgrade Jack. I liked the open world idea but it didn't feel fully fleshed out.

What I liked in Gears 4 was that they made use of new things in the game. The fabricator for horde was present in the campaign and got you familiar with it. Yeah the building parts of the campaign kind of sucked but at least it was showing you a new feature.

Gears 4 was better because it introduced a mechanic you didn't even like? Weird.
Shay3SaintJohn
Posted on 03 October 19 at 18:31
JungAndReckless said:
Shay3SaintJohn said:
JungAndReckless said:
Shay3SaintJohn said:

Gears 4 was better because it introduced a mechanic you didn't even like? Weird.
Just meant they showed off the game better and what it was all about. Skiff parts were boring and only good because you got jack upgrades. I don't recall seeing a skiff racing mode online or anything, at least 4 introduced you to Horde in the campaign.

And I love Horde!
Homunculus Fury
Posted on 04 October 19 at 16:31
I'm curious why the escape characters aren't even mentioned in the campaign or hivebusting even talked about during the game. Would be interesting to know the 5 W's to that.
Please excuse my typos I'm typing on my ducking phone.
JungAndReckless
Posted on 04 October 19 at 16:43
Homunculus Fury said:
I'm curious why the escape characters aren't even mentioned in the campaign or hivebusting even talked about during the game. Would be interesting to know the 5 W's to that.
They made a comic series explaining hive busting and giving backstory to the characters and the mode. I haven’t read it, but apparently Hoffman is in charge of it.
Gameboy679
Gameboy679
Posted on 06 October 19 at 01:19
Gears of war 4 is much better than Shit of errors 5.

Gears 5 is one of the worst and most bugged games i have ever played.
Achvement
Achvement
Posted on 06 October 19 at 01:27
Gameboy679 said:
Gears of war 4 is much better than Shit of errors 5.

Gears 5 is one of the worst and most bugged games i have ever played.
I agree.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.