Game Discussion: Space Hulk: Tactics Forum

Servers down?

AuthorMessage
Rossco7530
Rossco7530
Posted on 22 September 19 at 13:21, Edited on 23 September 19 at 08:54 by Rossco7530
I've been trying to get online with this game for a few weeks. Servers have been offline. angry

It looks like no-one has unlocked any of the online achievements since mid-August but that could just be due to the small player-base. Is anyone having any luck?

I've tweeted the dev's but based on some forum posts I've seen I am not expecting much from them. Might have become unobtainable. I assume I can't submit a flag as I haven't started the game (fortunately!)?
Healtti
Healtti
Posted on 23 September 19 at 12:39
I've been checking daily since late August 2019. Same error every time:
"Space Hulk Tactics servers are offline."

I reached out via discord a few weeks ago and actually got a hold of the community manager. The response was something like "not sure what's going on, but no shutdowns have been planned or announced".

Scrolling back the discord logs reveals that people have been complaining about the servers for months. Someone posted a screenshot of the same server error in February 2019! The game hadn't even been out for 6 months at that point. Fuck me, that might be a record of some sort? facepalm

To sum it up: these devs give zero fucks. I'm thinking I'll wait until the end of the month before getting a refund.

Rossco7530 said:
I assume I can't submit a flag as I haven't started the game (fortunately!)?
Same here, but anyway good on you for making the forum post. Pretty sure someone will react to this soon-ish.
"We aren't planning on doing anything about it." - Bethesda Support North America
Rossco7530
Rossco7530
Posted on 23 September 19 at 15:59
That's what I was afraid of. I think the W10 version doesn't have any of the MP cheevos.

Nothing to do but wait and see, I suppose.
eohjay
eohjay
Posted on 24 September 19 at 01:02
Out of curiosity, is it possible that it is returning an error because no one else is playing multiplayer at that time? I can't recall how it is set up - I dual-boxed all of the online achievements so I'm just assuming I sent myself invites directly into the lobby.

Or, does it not even let you get far enough to set up a lobby anymore?
Rossco7530
Rossco7530
Posted on 24 September 19 at 01:55
No, I don't think so. Ranked matches return an error right away. I was able to search for a Player (?) match but couldn't find one. I also tried uploading a map and it wouldn't let me. The leaderboards return an error as well.

It's broken... cry
eohjay
eohjay
Posted on 24 September 19 at 13:17, Edited on 25 September 19 at 13:11 by eohjay
Well, that's unfortunate. I went ahead and submit an achievement flag request to add the Discontinued flag to those five achievements.

I was contemplating stacking the Win10 version as it was a fairly quick and painless completion. I see it does have two of the five achievement on it, though. Ship Designer and User Instructions - both dealing with creating and sharing a mission. They seem to be currently obtainable as people are finishing the game, but I guess it's possible that they randomly get discontinued as well. Guess I'll pass on it to be safe!

edit: Looks like the Win10 version also has server problems and those two achievements haven't been obtainable since August.
Rossco7530
Rossco7530
Posted on 25 September 19 at 04:32
Cool. Thanks mate. clap

Miffed that I bought this so long ago that I can't get a refund...
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 25 September 19 at 12:41
eohjay said:
Well, that's unfortunate. I went ahead and submit an achievement flag request to add the Discontinued flag to those five achievements.

I was contemplating stacking the Win10 version as it was a fairly quick and painless completion. I see it does have two of the five achievement on it, though. Ship Designer and User Instructions - both dealing with creating and sharing a mission. They seem to be currently obtainable as people are finishing the game, but I guess it's possible that they randomly get discontinued as well. Guess I'll pass on it to be safe!
The Win 10 version is only completable if you had those achievements prior to what looks like, either Aug 22 or 24, when servers went down. I tried last week and here and there between to share a mission and nothing's working. I get the same error, servers offline. Now I have it sitting at 0/1000 on my tag which is nice. Keeping it off until/if there is a fix for the servers.
Healtti
Healtti
Posted on 25 September 19 at 14:13
Healtti said:
Someone posted a screenshot of the same server error in February 2019! The game hadn't even been out for 6 months at that point. Fuck me, that might be a record of some sort?
Seitzz said:
The Win 10 version is only completable if you had those achievements prior to what looks like, either Aug 22 or 24, when servers went down.
So that's what, from a-ok to incompletable within a month of the launch? I can't believe it!
Oh wait, it's the same devs. I can believe it. And I'm very much disgusted by it.

Here's the official SH:T discord. Put some heat on them. https://discord.gg/Hk7etb8
"We aren't planning on doing anything about it." - Bethesda Support North America
TwistedTB
TwistedTB
Posted on 25 September 19 at 21:09
Wow, I was looking at getting this game in the latest sale, glad I read this thread first. How can you put out a game with an online component and not even leave the servers up a year??!! unbelievable..
Warmest regards, TwistedTB.
Evi1 Over1ord
Evi1 Over1ord
Posted on 28 September 19 at 17:52
Same here, not worth picking up if the servers are down
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 01 October 19 at 13:24
Got this from the community person for Focus Home, regarding servers offline.

This issue has been passed on to the devs
If there's something new in the near future with regards to this issue, I'll keep you updated.
Rossco7530
Rossco7530
Posted on 02 October 19 at 04:45
Well, it's not much but at least you managed to get a response!

Thanks for the update.
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 02 October 19 at 13:25
Yeah, I'll post back again if he ever responds with anything useful.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.