Game Discussion: Borderlands 3 Forum

"Mechani-Cool" Achievement Stuck at 90%

AuthorMessage
ArtemisViiHawke
Posted on 25 September 19 at 07:25
Is anyone else having this issue? I see a whole bunch of other players have unlocked it already, but it's been stuck at 90% for me pretty much since launch.

I've hijacked several vehicles & unlocked new parts since having been stuck at 90% but it's never counted any of them to push it towards 100%. Spent nearly 2 hours earlier just going from planet to planet hijacking vehicles in hopes that one of them would be that final one I need, but to no success. I've also collected all of the vehicles that Ellie wants (if those count towards this).

I would just chalk it up to the achievement being yet one more buggy thing wrong with BL3 at launch, but with over 21,000 other registered user's having it unlocked themselves it's got me a bit doubtful. So is anyone else experiencing this too? I'll keep at it w/ hijacking every vehicle I see for the time being & hopefully it triggers something before too long.

Thanks for any help.
Trutch
259,600
Trutch
Posted on 28 September 19 at 07:38
Are you just hijacking cars or are you looking on the map for the cars you have to climb up to get in various places?
XiRe x Harvey
332,850
XiRe x Harvey
Posted on 28 September 19 at 15:44
Mine is stuck at 90% too. I've done all of Ellie's hijack targets and even went and got random cars driving around to turn them in for parts; it said "New Part Unlocked" and it still didn't unlock. It must be a glitch, have you got it yet?
MutantFergus
220,907
MutantFergus
Posted on 29 September 19 at 03:26
IIRC there is a quest late game where you drive pappy around in his car that rewards you with car parts. Maybe that?
ArtemisViiHawke
Posted on 29 September 19 at 08:14
Trutch said:
Are you just hijacking cars or are you looking on the map for the cars you have to climb up to get in various places?
Both. I got all of the cars you can find on the map that Ellie wanted you to collect & I've gone around to each planet to hijack random vehicles that spawn.


XiRe x Harvey said:
Mine is stuck at 90% too. I've done all of Ellie's hijack targets and even went and got random cars driving around to turn them in for parts; it said "New Part Unlocked" and it still didn't unlock. It must be a glitch, have you got it yet?
That's everything I've done too. The worst part is seeing the "New Part Unlocked" text appear but still having the achievement progress stuck at 90%. No I still haven't unlocked it yet. Haven't played for the past few days b/c my Xbox One X kept on overheating & shutting off while I was on the game. Other people have been reporting that happening to them too though. The achievement not unlocking has gotta be a glitch that can happen to some people, but with BL3 causing consoles to shut down I doubt that fixing the achievement is high on their priority list atm.


MutantFergus said:
IIRC there is a quest late game where you drive pappy around in his car that rewards you with car parts. Maybe that?
Yeah I did that mission. I was really hoping we'd get to let Pappy have what was coming to him once it was over lol. I'm not gonna say that completing it didn't help with the achievement progress, but I wasn't keeping track of it when I did that mission. So it could've been at 80% and moved up to 90% once it was over, or it could've been at 90% the whole time & the Pappy mission didn't help progress it any.
MutantFergus
220,907
MutantFergus
Posted on 30 September 19 at 00:47
Down in Ellie's garage area of Sanctuary, all the missing car parts for me were outlined in a red wire. Do you have any? If you do, might be able to narrow search.
ArtemisViiHawke
Posted on 30 September 19 at 02:13
MutantFergus said:
Down in Ellie's garage area of Sanctuary, all the missing car parts for me were outlined in a red wire. Do you have any? If you do, might be able to narrow search.
I just did a double check around the garage & there weren't any red outlines, so I must've found all of the car parts during my playthrough.
XiRe x Harvey
332,850
XiRe x Harvey
Posted on 30 September 19 at 23:14, Edited on 30 September 19 at 23:28 by XiRe x Harvey
I've just remembered the first day or 2 into playing the game (I got it on day 1), my friend (who also got it on day 1) joined my game and was playing with me. He was hours ahead of me though, but I can remember him getting a car he had already unlocked out of the garage and me getting in it, then driving it into the garage to unlock the parts. This was before I had done the mission that unlocks that car (technical - the biggest car), I think even before I had unlocked the area where you get it from. I think that might be what caused the achievement to glitch. Anyway, I was wondering, did you do the same or a similar thing?
ArtemisViiHawke
Posted on 01 October 19 at 07:32
XiRe x Harvey said:
I've just remembered the first day or 2 into playing the game (I got it on day 1), my friend (who also got it on day 1) joined my game and was playing with me. He was hours ahead of me though, but I can remember him getting a car he had already unlocked out of the garage and me getting in it, then driving it into the garage to unlock the parts. This was before I had done the mission that unlocks that car (technical - the biggest car), I think even before I had unlocked the area where you get it from. I think that might be what caused the achievement to glitch. Anyway, I was wondering, did you do the same or a similar thing?
I didn't play too much co-op while going through the campaign, only about 3 times or so. The times I did were w/ friends & I was always way further in the story than them, so our co-op sessions were just me doing missions w/ them that I'd already completed myself. They also aren't achievement hunters or completionist so they never would have went out of their way to collect a vehicle for Ellie or even hijack a random one.
XiRe x Harvey
332,850
XiRe x Harvey
Posted on 08 October 19 at 19:26
I've done it now. What I did was delete all my save data for Borderlands 3, uninstalled it, then reinstalled it, then restarted my Xbox. Then I started a brand new game with a new character, well I chose the same character, but he started at level 1. Then I played through the game just doing the main missions and most side missions to help me level up, getting the Hijack Targets as soon as I could; and the achievement unlocked when I got the Cyclone's Wide Wheel at Floodmoor Basin on Eden 6. So I didn't even have to play through the whole game, just 10 hours.
My guess is one of them glitched out and you have to get that one in a new game, but all the others have registered.
ArtemisViiHawke
Posted on 09 October 19 at 10:16
XiRe x Harvey said:
I've done it now. What I did was delete all my save data for Borderlands 3, uninstalled it, then reinstalled it, then restarted my Xbox. Then I started a brand new game with a new character, well I chose the same character, but he started at level 1. Then I played through the game just doing the main missions and most side missions to help me level up, getting the Hijack Targets as soon as I could; and the achievement unlocked when I got the Cyclone's Wide Wheel at Floodmoor Basin on Eden 6. So I didn't even have to play through the whole game, just 10 hours.
My guess is one of them glitched out and you have to get that one in a new game, but all the others have registered.
Yeah I was thinking that it was gonna come down to making a new char & going for it again in another playthrough (which I was planning to do for all 4 chars anyway.) Glad to hear it worked out for you though!
agoez10
162,203
agoez10
Posted on 09 October 19 at 13:06
XiRe x Harvey said:
I've done it now. What I did was delete all my save data for Borderlands 3, uninstalled it, then reinstalled it, then restarted my Xbox. Then I started a brand new game with a new character, well I chose the same character, but he started at level 1. Then I played through the game just doing the main missions and most side missions to help me level up, getting the Hijack Targets as soon as I could; and the achievement unlocked when I got the Cyclone's Wide Wheel at Floodmoor Basin on Eden 6. So I didn't even have to play through the whole game, just 10 hours.
My guess is one of them glitched out and you have to get that one in a new game, but all the others have registered.
Hi, I was thinking that your solution could help me sort out my name is earl achievement that also bugged out on me because my tracker stuck at 95% (literally just need buy 1 item). So did you restore your cloud save or just make a new one (overwrite your previous cloud save) ? I'm already started new characters but it doesn't make my tracker goes up when I buy new item from Earl. I'm not ready to loose my 50+ hours progress with my first character. 😅
XiRe x Harvey
332,850
XiRe x Harvey
Posted on 16 October 19 at 13:30
No, I didn't restore the cloud save. I can't remember exactly what I pressed, but I did delete my level 50 character for good; that doesn't mean that the achievement won't unlock if you do restore your cloud save though, I don't know because that's not what I did.
the Faded Ronin
Posted on 16 October 19 at 14:39
So I was stuck at 90% for this achievement until yesterday and i finally got it.
It popped on my second characters playthrough as i hijacked the part from the crew challenge in Devil's Razor.

I'm pretty sure if you hijack any of these parts offline, it will not register for the achievement online.
Only the 10 hijack parts in crew challenges count too, and once a character has completed a crew challenge they cannot do it again. So technically you can 'miss' these on a character.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.