Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Games With Gold Lineup For October 2019

AuthorMessage
wolfsburgraz
wolfsburgraz
Posted on 26 September 19 at 16:31
A bizarre mix for sure. I own the X1 titles but not the 360 ones.
Reina Watt
Reina Watt
Posted on 26 September 19 at 16:32
I've already got Friday The 13th so I can skip on that, a decent enough game that is enjoyable. Bolt I'll try, I enjoyed the movie a lot.
Ninja Galden I care nothing about but I'll give it a try. Tembo looks like fun so I'm interested in giving it a try.

AlterPred said:
Does Friday the 13th still have a player base? I heard they cancelled all future updates. I don't want to deal with another Evolve.
Yes, it's still an active game in that regard. It could do with more people playing through, maybe even communicating which would be helpful in the game.
Why get a life when as a gamer you live more lives than you can manage
Mav A Nice Day
Posted on 26 September 19 at 16:32
Koding said:
Already beat Bolt, already own Tembo, and don't care about the ninja game. I might give Friday the 13th a shot but I don't like scary games.
This is literally me. Just beat Bolt last summer, own but never started Tembo. Same opinion on the other two.

I mean, if we beat Tembo BEFORE everybody gets it, we didn't waste money right? RIGHT?
tuhin94
tuhin94
Posted on 26 September 19 at 16:34
jasonlc3221 said:
My daughter will be excited about Bolt, it's one of her favorite Disney movies.

I'm just happy to get free games. Thank you MS
She'll be gone from her seat in class in a flash when she hears about this.
Regards, Tuhin
CrunchyGoblin68
Posted on 26 September 19 at 16:35
Mav A Nice Day said:
Koding said:
Already beat Bolt, already own Tembo, and don't care about the ninja game. I might give Friday the 13th a shot but I don't like scary games.
This is literally me. Just beat Bolt last summer, own but never started Tembo. Same opinion on the other two.

I mean, if we beat Tembo BEFORE everybody gets it, we didn't waste money right? RIGHT?
You have 5 days.... GO!
Proud member of Club 138
Scottish Nutter
Posted on 26 September 19 at 16:38
One of the few months I don’t any of the 4 games. Will give them all a try and add even more to my enormous backlog.
HEATH 10
HEATH 10
Posted on 26 September 19 at 16:38
Friday the 13 th is fun and make sense for Halloween.
40 ounces to freedom.
FireDrake007
FireDrake007
Posted on 26 September 19 at 16:40
I like the Xbox 360 games better esp. NG 3, but I don't own any of the 4 games. It is rare when we get a month where I didn't own a game already, so from that perspective, it is an ok month for me overall.

I am glad I didn't get Friday the 13th when it was on sale awhile back.

Since they are giving away Ninja Gaiden 3, hopefully this means that NG Black and 2 won't be far behind, especially now that Ninja Gaiden Black is leaving gamepass.
DhukkaGER
DhukkaGER
Posted on 26 September 19 at 16:41
Wasn‘t bolt on GwG before?
R3f1CuL
R3f1CuL
Posted on 26 September 19 at 16:43
Games Pass really has just made games with gold into a running joke now hasn't it? Wonder if they are just going to do away with it once the next gen comes out? Probably a safe bet at this point tbh.
FireDrake007
FireDrake007
Posted on 26 September 19 at 16:44
Koding said:
I just played and completed Blair Witch. I found out I don't enjoy getting scared so much.
Stinky Big Buds
Posted on 26 September 19 at 16:45
Nowt for me but not a bad list, i'm sure a lot of people will be happy with F13 that's a quality addition.
Noodles Jr
Noodles Jr
Posted on 26 September 19 at 16:45
Been waiting on Tembo since it was released. Can't wait to play it
If at first you don't succeed, lag switch.
Vok 250
Vok 250
Posted on 26 September 19 at 16:50
Definitely a bizarre mix. F13th is the only one that appeals to the masses, but it has long since lost it's mass appeal. The other 3 might appeal to people like us (hardcore collecting audience), but will be a complete miss to your average user.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 26 September 19 at 16:53, Edited on 26 September 19 at 16:56 by HolyHalfDead
FiveWizz said:
I wish they'd just release them all at once instead of this staggered approach where I have to dive back in mid month to get the next ones.

Ah well - First world problems I suppose
You can grab two new titles near the beginning of the month, every month, for Xbox One at least.

We Were Here is available up until 15th October if you don’t want to dive back in to grab it mid month.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
The Noto
The Noto
Posted on 26 September 19 at 17:06
This is a great month. I only own F13, but that was the physical version because the mask that came with it was f-ing awesome. So I am glad to have a digital copy as well now. The other three I'm down for. Nice to get two 360 games I don't actually own.
CODYWWE24
CODYWWE24
Posted on 26 September 19 at 17:14
I have never played Friday The 13th so maybe someone can help me out. Is it only online or is there a single story player? And the online part, do people still play?
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 26 September 19 at 17:25
Friday The 13th, Ninja Gaiden 3 RE, and Tembo? Let's go.
Brelen Raven
Brelen Raven
Posted on 26 September 19 at 17:33
Woo, Bolt! Was hoping it'd go GwG. Now I have hope that Cars 1 will go GwG too! laugh
Reina Watt
Reina Watt
Posted on 26 September 19 at 17:34
CODYWWE24 said:
I have never played Friday The 13th so maybe someone can help me out. Is it only online or is there a single story player? And the online part, do people still play?
It has a single player mode where you play as Jason and have a set of challenges to complete. It's a decent enough mode and challenging, it is mostly centered around multiplayer though and it's still active in that area although it could do with more players.
Why get a life when as a gamer you live more lives than you can manage
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.