Community News Forum

News for and about the community. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Gears 3 Had More TA Players than Gears 5 in its Launch Week

AuthorMessage
Racxie
Racxie
Posted on 30 September 19 at 18:38
Loved the first two but got a bit tiring after 3. Never played 4 or judgement so don't have much interest in 5. Maybe one day.

Am enjoying Gears POP! Although it definitely needs a lot of improvements in some areas.
Louis G Sanford
Posted on 30 September 19 at 18:45
For me, Gears 5 gives me this "Arkham Origins" sensation where the more I play it, the more I'm reminded of how great Gears 3 was. And this is especially true when playing Horde mode. Gears 5 Horde is absolute boredom. Enemy numbers are sparse, waves end way too quickly and character abilities are super OP. I popped in Gears 3 for another horde run and man. did it feel good.
justintime44444
Posted on 30 September 19 at 21:32
XBox Assassin83 said:
Pretty simple, Gears 3 was excellent and Gears 5 is trash.....
Doesn't ever have game and says its trash love that logic.
Justin Phillips
OLph42
OLph42
Posted on 01 October 19 at 08:20
I had some interest in gears, but I have no interest in Gears 5. (I put that as "other")
Xeroxcoco
Xeroxcoco
Posted on 01 October 19 at 10:49
Piemanns Bakery said:
My friends and I loved gears 1-3...but all those hours of grinding cause were completionists completely turned us off to playing judgement and 4-5. It’s really unfortunate.
100% this, so other in the options
Vok 250
Vok 250
Posted on 01 October 19 at 17:48
Gears 3 came out in 2011, a time when AAA IP's still meant something in the gaming community. Nowadays many of us older gamers have wised up to the all too common rushed releases and scummy business practices polluting mediocre AAA sequels. Besides Nintendo, gaming IP's just don't have the reputation for quality and polish that they used to.
DrSchlepenstein
Posted on 01 October 19 at 22:13
What i've noticed is that TC has no real originality in what is released for Gears. They tried to copy the previous Gears games and add in their own stuff to make it seem different, but whenever they released "new content" it was just more the same stuff you've already done 1000 times before, they just added a higher difficulty and Gears 5 so far is no different so far.

They added a new mode that has a limited number of maps, then added an option for the community to make their own maps, which was cool, but none of the community maps count toward Tour of Duty which is a letdown, as you are then regulated to only playing the same 4 maps over and over if you want to work on the medals.

And they slapped on a yet another higher difficulty as if it makes things interesting. It's still the same thing over and over, just a little harder.
Mobius Evalon
Mobius Evalon
Posted on 01 October 19 at 23:02
DrSchlepenstein said:
What i've noticed is that TC has no real originality in what is released for Gears. They tried to copy the previous Gears games and add in their own stuff to make it seem different, but whenever they released "new content" it was just more the same stuff you've already done 1000 times before, they just added a higher difficulty and Gears 5 so far is no different so far.

They added a new mode that has a limited number of maps, then added an option for the community to make their own maps, which was cool, but none of the community maps count toward Tour of Duty which is a letdown, as you are then regulated to only playing the same 4 maps over and over if you want to work on the medals.

And they slapped on a yet another higher difficulty as if it makes things interesting. It's still the same thing over and over, just a little harder.
I straight up gave up on inconceivable in Gears 4. At the very beginning, I did the flank route and was higher than the enemies and blindfired at them. I was *immediately* headshotted and killed in a situation where it should have been completely impossible.
My opinions are often unpopular and acerbic.
Stinky Big Buds
Posted on 02 October 19 at 15:13
I didn't know this article had a poll I would of clicked on it sooner. I never played Gears 3 and I only played Gears 5 because it was on GP. It wasn't for me but my opinion doesn't really mean anything I literally only played it beacause of GP, I already new Gears wasn't my kind of shooter.
zero cool 4406
Posted on 02 October 19 at 16:06
b1ackmagick78 said:
As a achievement hunter, I myself am put off the gears franchise as it is insanely stupid on the achievement front. I also have a number of friends who won’t touch gears 4 or 5 due to the achievements and many of us are still working on the the original trilogy. You start a game and then you walk into the world of 100% completion and if this is not obtained you fail and failure is not an option for most gamers
This is the same reason I won't play anymore of the Gears games. they are just too frustrating and grindy. And way too many online only achievements. I'm not big into the online thing - that's just me, so when purchasing a game, the ratio of online to offline is always a seller to me. I don't have to get 100% in a game, but too many online and i'm not interested. :(
zero cool 4406
N30YRD
N30YRD
Posted on 03 October 19 at 17:28
Other...

No!! I'm not interested in GoW anymore the game seems to have dragged on... A little like Fast and the Furious films
BLACKPANTHERv88
Posted on 03 October 19 at 20:36
The series died after GOW 3 when they shifted their focus and now even more and the game just feels like a mess like when Locke was introduced to Halo and that nightmare!
Blue Papyrus
Blue Papyrus
Posted on 03 October 19 at 22:44
Beyond disappointed what they have done to the series. Microtransactions up the ass? No thank you.
Simm
Simm
Posted on 09 October 19 at 08:49
I'm enjoying the game a lot. Just finished the collectables and didn't have any problems. Im digging the new Jack abilities and side missions.
1 Million Gamerscore achieved Feb 17. "Force To Be Reckoned With" - Crackdown 3
BUSHEE BROW
BUSHEE BROW
Posted on 18 October 19 at 04:39
TrueAssassin86x said:
XBox Assassin83 said:
Says someone who nevered played Gears 5
XBox Assassin83's Game Collection
Hold up there! He has played it on his other account.
XBox Assassin83
Posted on 18 October 19 at 14:55, Edited on 18 October 19 at 15:05 by XBox Assassin83
BUSHEE BROW said:
TrueAssassin86x said:
XBox Assassin83 said:
Says someone who nevered played Gears 5
XBox Assassin83's Game Collection
Hold up there! He has played it on his other account.
It's fine Bushee, people are quick to spout incorrect information when they are upset. Truth is simple, I played the game launch week on a dummy account because I was boosting something else with this Gamertag and I wanted to enjoy the story. I absolutely gave the game the benefit of the doubt and hated it, Gears 5 in my opinion is worse than Judgement. Does that satify?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.