The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: October 1st, 2019

• I Juan NV II Juan NV I359,196
    Posted on 01 October 19 at 01:55
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    l BlackBrian7 l said:
    Really wish that damn Hoonigan Pack for FH3 would go on sale by itself. Only ever seems to be in a bundle roll
    The more time passes the more sure I am it never will be, possibly due to licensing/brand value. IIRC (and I may not) there were Porsche DLC's that were never discounted on a past FM title too.
    You may have a point. I'll probably buy it during/after the holiday sales if isn't on sale by that time.
  • SunkenStyxSunkenStyx955,155
    Posted on 01 October 19 at 01:57
    Might pick up the '8Floor Strategic Collection', 7 games for $18.

Nothing special, but all easy titles to throw in when you get tired of a grind or want something mindless. (and easy gamerscore)
  • MentokMentok735,138
    Posted on 01 October 19 at 02:16
    l BlackBrian7 l said:
    Really wish that damn Hoonigan Pack for FH3 would go on sale by itself. Only ever seems to be in a bundle roll
    Every time... See the notification, get excited, see that it's only in the bundle, and get disappointed again.
  • Kyk3 StylesKyk3 Styles526,884
    Posted on 01 October 19 at 02:28
    Nothing for me this weekwarning
  • coinfrenzycoinfrenzy722,935
    Posted on 01 October 19 at 02:31
    Dyet1300 said:
    Might pick up the '8Floor Strategic Collection', 7 games for $18.

Nothing special, but all easy titles to throw in when you get tired of a grind or want something mindless. (and easy gamerscore)
    Same thoughts exactly.
    http://stores.ebay.com/coinfrenzyclaimsale IG-@COINFRENZYGAMES
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,048,753
    Posted on 01 October 19 at 02:35, Edited on 01 October 19 at 02:38 by XI AlphaMale IX
    I'll get Pankapu, looks nice.

Edit: I must have thought that before, already own it.
  • Posted on 01 October 19 at 02:59
    Blue Demon#1216 said:
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    l BlackBrian7 l said:
    The more time passes the more sure I am it never will be, possibly due to licensing/brand value. IIRC (and I may not) there were Porsche DLC's that were never discounted on a past FM title too.
    You may have a point. I'll probably buy it during/after the holiday sales if isn't on sale by that time.
    I’d wait until next year right before it gets delisted in September. Maybe it’ll go on sale then
  • I Juan NV II Juan NV I359,196
    Posted on 01 October 19 at 03:23, Edited on 01 October 19 at 03:24 by I Juan NV I
    Buttercup III said:
    Blue Demon#1216 said:
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    l BlackBrian7 l said:
    I’d wait until next year right before it gets delisted in September. Maybe it’ll go on sale then
    I think it probably will. But if I have time to play forza 3 right now , I’ll buy the dlc. I don’t know if I’ll have time to play it next yea, and the price isn’t too much.
  • Posted on 01 October 19 at 03:29
    I still waiting for Narcosis or The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.
    Toooo fast waiting for a Day and play.
  • EvcEvc1,150,824 1,150,824 GamerScore
    Posted on 01 October 19 at 03:35
    Same, still waiting on Ethan Carter, finished it 2 times on Steam and once on PS4.
  • darkwing1232darkwing12321,196,807
    Posted on 01 October 19 at 03:50
    Is the Xbox store not working for anyone else at the moment? Whenever I try to click the buy button, I get a message saying "Try that again. Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help."
  • EchelonSixEchelonSix955,328
    Posted on 01 October 19 at 04:01
    can someone tell me if iron wings is trash but playable or if its total bullcrap. i liked flying tigers
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,321,770
    Posted on 01 October 19 at 04:07
    jasonlc3221 said:
    Holy crappy DLC (and free-to-play/nearly-free-to-play crap)

EDIT: Some decent first-party games in there though (Sunset Overdrive...
    Sunset Overdrive is an exclusive third-party game; the rights to it are actually owned by Sony (after their acquisition of Insomniac Games).
  • VixyNyanVixyNyan1,232,840
    Posted on 01 October 19 at 06:21, Edited on 01 October 19 at 06:21 by VixyNyan
    I went for Super Night Riders and Deep Ones this time around.
    Gonna be fun and neat to try them out at least~
    Fight, VixyNyan~! For Everlasting Love & Snuggles~!
  • HUN playmoreHUN playmore1,629,296
    Posted on 01 October 19 at 07:22
    Goldfire64 said:
    it kind of perturbs me when a pack with the game and dlc goes on sale, but not the dlc individually. Case in point Ryse dlc is in a pack with the digital version of the game, but not the dlc by itself. I really don't want to pay for a digital version of the game twice, and they aren't going to subtract out the pieces i already own (like steam does)
    The Xbox Store wants you to NOT buy games on their own, especially not in trade able physical format. First DLC sales didn't even exist, now we get some from time to time. Microsoft (maybe other publishers, I don't follow other stores much) wants you to realize it is not worth to buy anything but the bundles because it keeps the dlc prices high and forces you to pay for the base games again in a pack.
  • EchelonSixEchelonSix955,328
    Posted on 01 October 19 at 08:31
    You people need to understand that the whole DLC thing came up to tackle the used copy market. You cant sell your DLCs. The Season Pass idea came up in 2011. Forza Motorsport 4 was one of the first games with its car pass.
    We can be happy to get discount at DLCs at all because thats where they make their money.
    Some games got GOTY Editions later with all DLC content on disc but even that is long gone now.
  • Vr EnglishVr English774,705
    Posted on 01 October 19 at 08:43
    Hellgate Aeon said:
    You people need to understand that the whole DLC thing came up to tackle the used copy market. You cant sell your DLCs. The Season Pass idea came up in 2011. Forza Motorsport 4 was one of the first games with its car pass.
    We can be happy to get discount at DLCs at all because thats where they make their money.
    Some games got GOTY Editions later with all DLC content on disc but even that is long gone now.
    There's some truth to this. However, for games like Aaero, they want me to buy a complete edition and never sell the DLC on sale on its own. FFXV was the same; I won't get burned again.
  • J4CKA1J4CKA1298,784
    Posted on 01 October 19 at 09:43
    I bought the whole Ryse bundle (Yes it included the game again too) a couple years ago and I was happy to do it. I could see if being a big deal if it was an extra 20 or 30 bucks but we are talking 2 or 3 dollars... I'll gladly throw them a couple extra bucks if I really enjoy the game and want more from the developer or a sequel.
  • ZoZombifyZoZombify326,266
    Posted on 01 October 19 at 09:52
    I brought too many Halloween decorations so no more games for me lol
    [URL=https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/ZoZombify][IMG]https://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/ZoZombify.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy2,082,182
    Posted on 01 October 19 at 09:52
    I'm embarrassed for gaming quite frankly that this is a thing, and that that sort of thing takes up the majority of this page

1 Blue Orb
    Fear is the mindkiller.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.