The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: October 1st, 2019

• Paul LaserbeamPaul Laserbeam2,215,251
    Posted on 01 October 19 at 10:07
    iMaginaryy said:
    I'm embarrassed for gaming quite frankly that this is a thing, and that that sort of thing takes up the majority of this page

1 Blue Orb
    Ha!
  • ZippyAdamZippyAdam1,330,976
    Posted on 01 October 19 at 10:15
    Hitman complete first season 139.99 at 97% off... that can't be right, can it?
  • SunkenStyxSunkenStyx955,155
    Posted on 01 October 19 at 10:58
    ZippyAdam said:
    Hitman complete first season 139.99 at 97% off... that can't be right, can it?
    Ya that’s definitely not right, cause it’s $13 & $17 in the US and Canada. Probably just a time zone thing, it’ll change.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 October 19 at 11:16
    Dyet1300 said:
    Might pick up the '8Floor Strategic Collection', 7 games for $18.

Nothing special, but all easy titles to throw in when you get tired of a grind or want something mindless. (and easy gamerscore)
    It's great value, but there are only two games on it I don't own, so not for me. But yes, good time wasters / achievement opportunities!
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 October 19 at 11:23
    Hellgate Aeon said:
    You people need to understand that the whole DLC thing came up to tackle the used copy market. You cant sell your DLCs. The Season Pass idea came up in 2011. Forza Motorsport 4 was one of the first games with its car pass.
    We can be happy to get discount at DLCs at all because thats where they make their money.
    Some games got GOTY Editions later with all DLC content on disc but even that is long gone now.
    Feels like they've been around much longer, doesn't it? You're right on the money though.
    https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/125487/Warner_Bros_....php

Funny to read that now and hear it talked about as a 'new trend'.

I remember the first game I saw to really over price it was Batman Arkham Knight. The season pass was about £35. Ridiculous.
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • KedrixKedrix262,894
    Posted on 01 October 19 at 14:16
    It's a shame I own all of those Pinball FX tables...oh well probably pick up Panakapu and that's it. Not usually a platformer guy but that one looks better than the usual schlock.
    Michael Durr Gamertag: Kedrix www.kedrix.net
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,047,530
    Posted on 01 October 19 at 14:24
    Think I'm gonna end up waiting on Sunset Overdrive. Just gonna grab it when it's inevitably on sale again in a few months, maybe even a couple bucks cheaper. Just have too much other stuff to play for now.
  • Quantium GQuantium G174,365
    Posted on 01 October 19 at 16:54
    Crap.
  • I ASK NO ONEI ASK NO ONE765,668
    Posted on 01 October 19 at 19:37
    I bought Crackdown 3 for $24 yesterday and it's $12 today, terrific.
    I ASK NO ONE
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,047,530
    Posted on 01 October 19 at 20:49
    I ASK NO ONE said:
    I bought Crackdown 3 for $24 yesterday and it's $12 today, terrific.
    You should look into getting a refund. I believe it is an option for digital purchases. I am not sure of the constraints though.
  • DavehxDavehx548,234
    Posted on 01 October 19 at 20:54
    That discount MUST be wrong for Hitman

£75.24 with 97% off?

That would mean £2508 before the discount!
  • ColdEagle86ColdEagle86332,655
    Posted on 01 October 19 at 21:49
    Anyone know if Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition contains everything? Or do we think it'll go on sale next year?
  • Posted on 01 October 19 at 22:19
    How long until Super Lucky's Tale DLC goes on sale?
    Tell Em' Steve-Dave
  • Posted on 01 October 19 at 23:21
    Not much for me this week. Just the typical quick indie game to add to my overflowing backlog... redface
    "What is this...a crossover episode?!"
  • Posted on 02 October 19 at 11:31
    ColdEagle86 said:
    Anyone know if Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition contains everything? Or do we think it'll go on sale next year?
    I think it contains everything, and Horizon 3's ultimate edition will be what goes on sale next year as that will be at end of life status + GWG.
    Grand Slam Tennis 2 world #1
  • Thanatos522Thanatos522233,282
    Posted on 02 October 19 at 14:05
    Somehow these sales are actually getting worse week after week.

I do have to admit for anyone who was on the fence about Elder Scrolls Online the bundle for $30 that has the base game, Elsweyr which is $20 this week, and then Morrowind and Summerset seems like a bargain. As the only MMO I've ever played, off and on, that is a crazy amount of content for the price

Everything else is really a letdown. I have $10 in store credit that expires in December and I haven't seen anything worth buying in weeks.
  • Posted on 02 October 19 at 17:00
    Heads up to anyone who downloaded Infectious Madness of DD:

I downloaded the game last yr when it was on game pass didnt finish it. seems to be a lapsed license. was able to start the game with it being on sale. not too grindy and definitely doable before it leaves the sale.
  • Ilo XboxIlo Xbox129,072
    Posted on 02 October 19 at 17:07
    This week i think will pass for me...
  • Dakrkplayer2Dakrkplayer21,364,147
    Posted on 02 October 19 at 20:22
    This is a ad.
    XBOX 4 LIFE
  • Mr VictimMr Victim616,339
    Posted on 02 October 19 at 20:40
    Crackdown 3 shows up as $23.99 for me.
    Vae Victis
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.