Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Gears 5 Title Update 1 — Double Star Saturdays Will Now Feature Every Saturday

• CanezzaCanezza16,787
  • BillarghBillargh323,064
    Posted on 02 October 19 at 12:27Permalink
    What a lovely way to coerce people into buying iron.
  • Posted on 02 October 19 at 12:43Permalink
    Billargh said:
    At least they are listening to their fan base and lowering the cost. That's the most important part.
  • SPACE ODDITYSPACE ODDITY851,957
    Posted on 02 October 19 at 12:54Permalink
    F1R3 PH03N1X6 said:
    Billargh said:
    At least they are listening to their fan base and lowering the cost. That's the most important part.
    Lowering the cost? It just went up over here in the UK...

500 Iron raised from £3.99 to £4.25.
    1000 Iron raised from £6.99 to £8.50
    2250 Iron raised from £14.99 to £16.50
    QUAKE 4 Number One GRAW Solo Number OneT
  • Posted on 02 October 19 at 12:55Permalink
    I wish there wasnt force updates i just wanna finish the darn campaign and put this to bed
    Xbox1,Switch,Ps4 Gamer.
  • I NVIII II NVIII I500,358
    Posted on 02 October 19 at 12:57Permalink
    SPACE ODDITY said:
    F1R3 PH03N1X6 said:
    Billargh said:

Happened in Aus too, not that I was going to buy any amount in the first place.
  • Cr4ck Sh0t23Cr4ck Sh0t23848,871
    Posted on 02 October 19 at 13:00Permalink
    They patched the despawn glitch. That was fun while it lasted. cry
  • AceMcCloudAceMcCloud174,261
    Posted on 02 October 19 at 13:02, Edited on 02 October 19 at 13:05 by AceMcCloudPermalink
    SPACE ODDITY said:
    F1R3 PH03N1X6 said:
    Billargh said:

While initial reaction is to want to blame TC, it's possible this has more to do with the exchange rate between GBP and USD adjustment, considering the political goings on at the moment.
    Makes sense to adjust the more frequent transactions as a priority, the larger transactions (game prices) maybe able to weather the storm for a while should things return to normal in the near future.

I don't believe any other region had an increase to my knowledge, though others may have also had an exchange rate fall and need adjusting too.

If the price had increased for all regions then would be TC adjusting pricing, or Microsoft depending who decides the cost of these items.
    AceMcCloud
  • HUN playmoreHUN playmore1,015,606
    Posted on 02 October 19 at 13:06Permalink
    F1R3 PH03N1X6 said:
    I tell you how this works:
    Step1: build a game around an easily adjustable micro transaction model
    Step2: make it outrageous
    Step3: wait for reaction
    Step4: tone it down a little - showing you care about the players
    Step5: get praise, get money
    Step6: don't forget to raise the prices and the way to pay in every new game
    repeat
  • Posted on 02 October 19 at 13:10Permalink
    Get on! Still on target to make General this tour, but double star saturdays will make sure of that. and not a penny spent on Iron, nor will I, I don't feed the troll of Microtransactions.

Atleast nothhing has tempted me yet lol
  • Posted on 02 October 19 at 13:11Permalink
    Glad I didn't start this Gears. Seems like the've got greedier since Gears 4.
  • V4R14N7V4R14N7784,991
    Posted on 02 October 19 at 13:14Permalink
    Billargh said:
    Sure does seem that way since when the blue stars appeared for me the first time I was getting them in my challenges too, which helped a ton. I just wish I grinded out a few more when it was a option so I don't have to play out some of the more annoying ones near the end.

Started a little late and getting to Captain seemed fine until you look at it and Captain is really just a middle mark to General.
  • Posted on 02 October 19 at 13:14Permalink
    One step forward, two steps back.

And there’s a report that the Scarlett dev kit has a camera.

Microsoft sure do know how to bounce back from KO after KO! /s
  • Posted on 02 October 19 at 13:20, Edited on 02 October 19 at 13:21 by BushidoBrown305Permalink
    It wasn’t even hard to hit general in the first place. If you’re just playing the game you’ll reach it. 19 weeks is way more than enough to begin with
  • BillarghBillargh323,064
    Posted on 02 October 19 at 13:30, Edited on 02 October 19 at 13:30 by BillarghPermalink
    BushidoBrown305 said:
    It wasn’t even hard to hit general in the first place. If you’re just playing the game you’ll reach it. 19 weeks is way more than enough to begin with
    I'm quite impressed if you've reached General already. I've got to ask, were you mainly doing daily objectives and using iron to get new ones, or have you mainly just done the medal ones? I feel like I've played the game quite a lot and I'm only just approaching Lieutenant.
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz270,285
    Posted on 02 October 19 at 13:35Permalink
    BushidoBrown305 said:
    Although I see what you're saying, I don't have that much time for gaming these days. so it definitely feels like a way off for me. Especially as the stars keeps increasing.

I'm not even at Lieutenant yet.

This achievement makes me nervous so hopefully the Saturdays will help me out.
  • Posted on 02 October 19 at 13:37Permalink
    Is collectible tracking fixed? Mine was messing up even after the first fix.
  • I NVIII II NVIII I500,358
    Posted on 02 October 19 at 13:49Permalink
    scarlet speed said:
    Is collectible tracking fixed? Mine was messing up even after the first fix.
    Mine did the same so I just went back and collected the missing ones again, surprisingly didnt take too long. Still have to go through again at some point for components as I missed a few.
  • Posted on 02 October 19 at 13:50, Edited on 02 October 19 at 14:06 by BushidoBrown305Permalink
    Billargh said:
    BushidoBrown305 said:
    I'm quite impressed if you've reached General already. I've got to ask, were you mainly doing daily objectives and using iron to get new ones, or have you mainly just done the medal ones? I feel like I've played the game quite a lot and I'm only just approaching Lieutenant.
    I did the 3 daily ones everyday but I’ve just been playing all the game modes and it got me so many medals. All the horde and escape ones ( other than master the maps) are all done and I play a shit ton of versus so those are also done

I haven’t spent any money to get more iron or anything. It’s cool that almost every single thing you’re doing is counting toward a medal in some way

Edit: what I’m tryna say is as long as you’re playing different modes and using different characters, and gettin your dailys i don’t think people need to sweat over it imo smile
  • MortaigneMortaigne159,226
    Posted on 02 October 19 at 13:55Permalink
    I really don't understand why so many people seem to care so much about store pricing. It's cosmetics, who gives a ****?
    It's completely optional, unnecessary and has no impact on gameplay whatsoever. I get free skins and stuff by just playing, and I won't spend a cent in the store. It's silly tbh.

The game is super fun, has a lot of content and modes to play. The variation of stuff to do keeps it from getting repetitive, I play every day -something I didn't think I would do before launch. Yet here I am almost a month in still playing pretty much only Gears 5.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.