Dead Space - Spoilers

AuthorMessage
Cylon 118
Cylon 118
Posted on 05 October 19 at 22:26
Mtn Ops Reaper said:
NoblestSteed said:
ZW said:
Epic tier 3 engineer is one of my favorite achiements. Lots of planning and practice. Still need to start DS3 since it hit games with gold. Something to do while everyone else plays the original this month.
I agree! Whenever I went for that achievement over the years I would always combine it with:

Dead SpaceOne GunThe One Gun achievement in Dead Space worth 77 pointsBeat the game using only the Plasma Cutter

I always felt that added a nice little touch.
Wouldn't it be easier to have an arsenal of more weapons on the hardest difficulty?
In some ways no because you can focus all your power nodes into that one weapon and of course your suit plus all the money you would normally spend on getting those other weapons can be spent on more power nodes or health and because you only find ammo for weapons you posses you will be finding plenty of ammo so shouldn't have to buy that. The plasma cutter is the best all round weapon and is actually very strong once fully upgraded.
iAMxYUNGxGxBABY
Posted on 06 October 19 at 13:51
by far one of my favorite series, I should do the hardest difficulty to finish off the game
Life is to short too worry about tomorrow so GAME TODAY.
BetaSigX20
BetaSigX20
Posted on 06 October 19 at 15:48
Cylon 118 said:
Mtn Ops Reaper said:
NoblestSteed said:
ZW said:
Epic tier 3 engineer is one of my favorite achiements. Lots of planning and practice. Still need to start DS3 since it hit games with gold. Something to do while everyone else plays the original this month.
I agree! Whenever I went for that achievement over the years I would always combine it with:

Dead SpaceOne GunThe One Gun achievement in Dead Space worth 77 pointsBeat the game using only the Plasma Cutter

I always felt that added a nice little touch.
Wouldn't it be easier to have an arsenal of more weapons on the hardest difficulty?
In some ways no because you can focus all your power nodes into that one weapon and of course your suit plus all the money you would normally spend on getting those other weapons can be spent on more power nodes or health and because you only find ammo for weapons you posses you will be finding plenty of ammo so shouldn't have to buy that. The plasma cutter is the best all round weapon and is actually very strong once fully upgraded.
Agree. Even if you have all the weapons available, you'll find yourself using the Plasma Cutter about 80% of the time, but you'll be running out of ammo more often because you'll be getting useless ammo drops for the flame thrower or something instead of the plasma cutter ammo you need. Which means you'll need to spend money to buy plasma cutter ammo, and that money is desperately needed elsewhere on impossible difficulty.

If you're not going for One Gun, it might be helpful to have another weapon, but I would limit it to two. If you have the Plasma Cutter and either the Ripper or the Contact Beam, you should have enough nodes to get them both upgraded and enough ammo for each gun to not get completely screwed. You'll use the plasma cutter for your primary weapon, and just switch to the other when you need big damage and less precision.
The S bot 9000
Posted on 07 October 19 at 04:31
I still remember the shock of first spelling out the first letter of each chapter lollaugh
Vr English
Vr English
Posted on 07 October 19 at 10:43
The S bot 9000 said:
I still remember the shock of first spelling out the first letter of each chapter lollaugh
Now if I recall that IS a spoiler. I bet a lot of people miss it too.
The S bot 9000
Posted on 08 October 19 at 02:51
Vr English said:
The S bot 9000 said:
Yup, I didn't know about it until like a year later when i googled Dead Space Easter Eggs" back in like 2009 haha
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
Deco76BR
Deco76BR
Posted on 08 October 19 at 12:09
Great game. Still impressed by the graphs quality.

Need to play the third entry
R0yalSuburb4n
R0yalSuburb4n
Posted on 08 October 19 at 13:35
Best of the series, and a title I still compare other horror games to. Going to play it later this month at night with the lights off to really give myself a Halloween scare!
Algur
Algur
Posted on 08 October 19 at 21:53
Still need to mop up the last couple of achievements, but that will be for a different time.
ForeverMidnight
Posted on 09 October 19 at 14:23
Having played through DS 3 by myself when I was a bachelor was fun, but after getting a GF I asked if she would be willing to play it in Co-Op with me. She told me she had never played the first two and wouldn't mind watching for our horror nights.

Dope. I was excited to introduce the series to her and for her to see the twist in the first game. I remember when I first found out about it and was like "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?"

I was totally waiting on her to have the exact reaction...

She guessed it about midway through.

I blame the Saw movies for making twists popular again and making people expect it.
ForeverMidnight
Posted on 09 October 19 at 14:25
Vr English said:
The S bot 9000 said:
A game magazine spoiled it well after I had beaten in. Was still cool to find out. Was disappointing the second game didn't feature that little egg. Didn't stop me from doing it with the third game and spoiling it for myself.
Ginn0rz
Ginn0rz
Posted on 10 October 19 at 08:04
ForeverMidnight said:
I was totally waiting on her to have the exact reaction...

She guessed it about midway through.
My wife does this all the time, it's maddening! She has finally learned to keep her theories to herself so stupid me can enjoy the OH-WOW moments.
ZEBRA COMMANDR
Posted on 10 October 19 at 18:06
I never knew about the spelling out the first letter of each chapter. I guess you learn something new everyday! laugh
Sensei Neo
Sensei Neo
Posted on 10 October 19 at 21:27
British Legends said:Genius
ClockWrkPhantom
Posted on 11 October 19 at 06:24
The S bot 9000 said:
Vr English said:
The S bot 9000 said:
Yup, I didn't know about it until like a year later when i googled Dead Space Easter Eggs" back in like 2009 haha
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
Beat me to it, to bad we never got extraction like ps3 it shows the events leading up to her death before Issac appears.
Kane no1 of the 7
KarnusWolf
KarnusWolf
Posted on 11 October 19 at 06:25
This was the game that got me into the whole survival horror genre. Loved it and need to go back and finish the second one
LiquidAg
LiquidAg
Posted on 11 October 19 at 17:30
ClockWrkPhantom said:
Beat me to it, to bad we never got extraction like ps3 it shows the events leading up to her death before Issac appears.
I played Extraction on the Wii, and it was a lot of fun. The lore in these games (even the spin-offs, comics, and movies) is really interesting to me, so I enjoyed seeing how Extraction, Ignition, Severed, etc. fit into the main story with Isaac. This is such a great series.
"I have a bad feeling about this..."
Guidality
Guidality
Posted on 14 October 19 at 15:50
I really wish that I could experience this for the first time again...I still have 2 & 3 on the backlog though, maybe this'll be the month I start up the sequels. I waited way too long to play the first but what's crazy is that it aged very well - all that would be needed to compete with today's releases are graphical updates.
XBox Assassin83
Posted on 14 October 19 at 22:59
I'm very jealous for those who will be experiencing Dead Space for the first time. Lucky...
ImJustYourDaddy
Posted on 15 October 19 at 19:40
I could just never make it all the way through this game. Made it to around the end of chapter 6 a long time ago, then got stuck on the boss. Recently got around to beating that but never progressed farther.
Santino
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.