Bug Reports - Archive

Archive of Bug Reports

Achievement Streak Recalc List (Timestamp Issues)

• Fixed
  • Posted on 04 October 19 at 22:35, Edited on 18 June 20 at 14:59 by Reborn Insanity
    Good news and bad news. Good news is that MS has finally fixed their end of the timestamp issues. Bad news is that they screwed up not only achievements earned during that period, but some previous achievements from years ago. This means that timestamps will have to be rebuilt and re-scanned for every single achievement, across every account, site wide. This is going to take weeks and quite possibly, months.

With that being said, not everyone had an ongoing streak while this happened so there was no negative effect on them. So what I would like to do is compile a list of users in this thread who did have their streak broken by the future timestamp issue so that we can prioritize recalculating your timestamps first instead of having you wait another month for the site wide scan to hit you.

I will be going through some of the old threads where people initially reported being hit by the timestamp issue and be gathering some gamertags to start the list, but there's no question that I'll miss a few people. So if you don't see your tag on the list below please drop a comment and you'll be added.

Thank you everyone for your patience over the last couple of months and hopefully MS won't let this issue happen a third time.

Just a warning though, if you did not continue to earn daily achievements after having your streak affected then this scan will not fix it. Your timestamps will be fixed, but your streak will have still died either way. So please only comment to have your name added if your streak is still ONGOING.

List of tags with affected streaks:
    See You Space Cowboy...
  • Cheney007Cheney0071,564,688
    Posted on 05 October 19 at 02:26
    I was also hit.
    My streak is ongoing.
    Please add me to the list.

Cheers!
  • Posted on 05 October 19 at 02:28
    Added.
    See You Space Cowboy...
  • JDuke705JDuke7051,196,185
    Posted on 05 October 19 at 06:23
    Reborn Insanity said:
    Good news and bad news. Good news is that MS has finally fixed their end of the timestamp issues. Bad news is that they screwed up not only achievements earned during that period, but some previous achievements from years ago. This means that timestamps will have to be rebuilt and re-scanned for every single achievement, across every account, site wide. This is going to take weeks and quite possibly, months.

With that being said, not everyone had an ongoing streak while this happened so there was no negative effect on them. So what I would like to do is compile a list of users in this thread who did have their streak broken by the future timestamp issue so that we can prioritize recalculating your timestamps first instead of having you wait another month for the site wide scan to hit you.

I will be going through some of the old threads where people initially reported being hit by the timestamp issue and be gathering some gamertags to start the list, but there's no question that I'll miss a few people. So if you don't see your tag on the list below please drop a comment and you'll be added.

Thank you everyone for your patience over the last couple of months and hopefully MS won't let this issue happen a third time.

Just a warning though, if you did not continue to earn daily achievements after having your streak affected then this scan will not fix it. Your timestamps will be fixed, but your streak will have still died either way. So please only comment to have your name added if your streak is still ONGOING.

List of tags with affected streaks:
    Thank you for this!!!
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy2,516,697
    Posted on 05 October 19 at 11:37
    I didn't have a streak going during the future issues, and I didn't have any streaks SERIOUSLY affected by them
    is that they screwed up not only achievements earned during that period, but some previous achievements from years ago
    but some of my previous streaks which were purposefully on certain numbers did get tweaked by one achievement.

If there's any chance of them getting borked I'd rather just leave them as is, but if they can be fixed to what they were and are supposed to be that'd be great too. Mostly done with streaks at this point in my life.

this one should be 100 days and 1000 achievements
    iMaginaryy Win Streak - 100 days from 21 Apr 14

this one should be 60 days and 1000 achievements
    iMaginaryy Win Streak - 60 days from 30 Oct 14
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • ZJXYZJXY1,437,700
    Posted on 05 October 19 at 16:55
    My Achievement Streaks were lost too. I did unlocked 1cheevo on Oct.3rd ,but it didn't count somehow. What should I do now?
  • Posted on 05 October 19 at 17:01
    iMaginaryy said:
    I didn't have a streak going during the future issues, and I didn't have any streaks SERIOUSLY affected by them
    Those will be fixed during the site wide scan. It just might take some time before you're hit by it.

ZJXY said:
    My Achievement Streaks were lost too. I did unlocked 1cheevo on Oct.3rd ,but it didn't count somehow. What should I do now?
    Your streak is still active.
    See You Space Cowboy...
  • Ax7 BEASTAx7 BEAST1,077,146
    Posted on 05 October 19 at 20:26
    Mine was lost as well
    Boosting Battlefield BC, Halo Wars, and Gears PC
  • I Juan NV II Juan NV I381,390
    Posted on 05 October 19 at 22:31
    I lost my streak due to a future achievement too. Add me to the list please.
  • Posted on 05 October 19 at 23:01
    Both of you were already on the list...
    See You Space Cowboy...
  • ZJXYZJXY1,437,700
    Posted on 06 October 19 at 10:47
    Reborn Insanity said:
    iMaginaryy said:
    Those will be fixed during the site wide scan. It just might take some time before you're hit by it.

ZJXY said:
    Your streak is still active.
    I think I know what the problem is. I went to settings and adjusted the time zone to Eastern then it worked.
  • Posted on 06 October 19 at 17:25
    Hopefully this wont happen again.

Thanks for continuing to push through this.
  • XystraXystra214,309
    Posted on 06 October 19 at 18:19
    thank you for all your help in this issue, many of us really appreciate it! I look forward to seeing my correct streak number again soon.
  • FluffytoastFluffytoast1,310,948
    Posted on 10 October 19 at 22:39
    I lost my streak too (on 13th August), and I've got an ongoing streak since the 14th.

Thanks in advance!
  • Posted on 10 October 19 at 23:38
    Added to the list.
    See You Space Cowboy...
  • THE JaaawshTHE Jaaawsh829,887
    Posted on 14 October 19 at 09:39
    I lost my streak 19th August, have an ongoing one since the 20th.

Thank you :)
  • Phoenix SabePhoenix Sabe339,627
    Posted on 14 October 19 at 19:03
    I'd like to be added to the list, thanks for doing this!
  • Posted on 14 October 19 at 19:18
    You've both been added.
    See You Space Cowboy...
  • Posted on 15 October 19 at 19:05
    Just an update for everyone from the devs:

The scanners still need some tweaking and re-writing before they can undergo this project. So at the earliest, it will still take a few weeks. Thank you for being patient and make sure to keep those streaks going.
    See You Space Cowboy...
  • alphurralphurr349,298
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 00:54
    An achievement I earned yesterday didn't pop until this morning and my streak broke as a result, am I able to be added to this list as well?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads