Bug Reports

Found something that doesn't work right? Let us know and we'll fix it

Achievement Streak Recalc List (Timestamp Issues)

• Fixed
  • Posted on 17 June 20 at 15:33, Edited on 17 June 20 at 15:59 by Reborn InsanityPermalink
    Okay guys, so speaking with Rich about this again the devs currently don't have the resources to fix the timestamp issue. It would require a new scanner with a ton of devwork and it's a massive job. Similar to what I stated in the beginning of this thread.

HOWEVER, there's an alternative solution that may work and we'll need someone to volunteer as a guinea pig for testing.

Essentially, we'll be wiping all your achievements from the site and then re-scanning you. This should grab the correct timestamps for the broken achievements that Microsoft has now fixed which should in theory restore your streak to be correct.

The only negative from this is any offline achievements you've earned will show an unlock date of the day they're scanned. This won't affect your streak at all, but will make your game and achievement list look funky for a bit.
    EDIT: Rich has said we can delete all achievements, but leave the Offline ones so this doesn't happen.

Please let me know if you'd like to take this route.
    See You Space Cowboy...
  • Posted on 18 June 20 at 14:58Permalink
    We have now tested the above method on a user and their highest streak has been restored correctly.
    See You Space Cowboy...
  • Posted on 18 June 20 at 15:48Permalink
    All of you have now been rescanned. Your streaks should be in order. Let me know if something still isn’t right.

Don’t forget to try a manual streak rebuild too. Some might not look fixed instantly, but it is.
    See You Space Cowboy...
  • CurtiesonCurtieson240,623
    Posted on 18 June 20 at 16:13Permalink
    YEEEESS! lol

My days look good. My achievement count over doubled but the rebuild seems to have helped. I'll have to dig through the list but it is 99.999% better now than it was an hour ago so I'm happy to say the least.
  • EktonHexEktonHex251,465
    Posted on 18 June 20 at 16:20Permalink
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH GOOD FUCKING JOB REBORN AND RICH !!!

Everything is back to normal, finally after 8 months!! thanks alot Reborn and rich! ;)
    I was born to make mistakes, not to fake perfection.
  • FluffytoastFluffytoast878,181
    Posted on 18 June 20 at 19:04, Edited on 18 June 20 at 19:05 by FluffytoastPermalink
    Strange, the fix doesn't seem to have worked for me. I'm now only down to 10 pages of achievements won (of 19,753) and a lot of games that TA says I have gamerscore and achievements in show all the achievements locked when I go to the game page. Not even sure why some games still look fine, there doesn't seem to be much logic that I can work out, some games I've lost all my achievements in, others still have a few achievements showing up.

(Should be noted that TA says my best streak is 8 days now, based on the random achievements it's scanned)
  • Posted on 18 June 20 at 19:36, Edited on 18 June 20 at 19:39 by Reborn InsanityPermalink
    Strange, looks like the scanners may have had a weird hiccup when the original purge was going through. I just did a full re-scan and a rebuilt your streaks. Looks like everything is in order now. Including your achievement pages.

Let me know if something else is out of place.

Edit: Other than the 23,000 achievement win milestone
    See You Space Cowboy...
  • FluffytoastFluffytoast878,181
    Posted on 18 June 20 at 19:56Permalink
    Just rebuilt my streaks, now everything looks as it should, no streak with 4,000 more achievements than my profile has laugh Thanks for the help!
  • Cheney007Cheney007998,229
    Posted on 18 June 20 at 21:18Permalink
    My streak has been restored.
    Thanks to all that helped!
  • XystraXystra122,707
    Posted on 18 June 20 at 21:46Permalink
    apparently I've been re-scanned. my current streak went from 300 days and 400 achievements to 300 days and 3,000 achievements. looks to me like the wrong number went up!

I'd "rebuild my streak manually" but I can't find the button for it. maybe it's just this old browser that can't show it.
  • Posted on 18 June 20 at 21:50Permalink
    Xystra said:
    apparently I've been re-scanned. my current streak went from 300 days and 400 achievements to 300 days and 3,000 achievements. looks to me like the wrong number went up!

I'd "rebuild my streak manually" but I can't find the button for it. maybe it's just this old browser that can't show it.
    It's right here: https://i.imgur.com/1cN7RRa.png

I just rebuilt it for you and you're now at 688 days with 801 achievements
    See You Space Cowboy...
  • XystraXystra122,707
    Posted on 19 June 20 at 20:22Permalink
    that's not a link to the button, that's a picture! I can't click a picture!
    just kidding; thanks a ton for fixing this. (seriously, the right-side column is not displayed properly for me, so I couldn't see that button.)
  • Posted on 19 June 20 at 20:26Permalink
    Xystra said:
    that's not a link to the button, that's a picture! I can't click a picture!
    just kidding; thanks a ton for fixing this. (seriously, the right-side column is not displayed properly for me, so I couldn't see that button.)
    Are you on mobile? If so just tilt your device and the sidebar stuff will appear on any page if it doesn't already.
    See You Space Cowboy...
  • XystraXystra122,707
    Posted on 19 June 20 at 20:33Permalink
    no, I'm not on mobile. I'm using the IE app on my Xbox 360 because I currently do not have a working (modern) computer or a mobile.
  • XystraXystra122,707
    Posted on 19 June 20 at 20:39Permalink
    I tried tilting my Xbox but nothing happened except the green controller indicator light shifted position.
  • lightsup55lightsup55281,738
    Posted on 19 June 20 at 22:06Permalink
    Xystra said:
    I tried tilting my Xbox but nothing happened except the green controller indicator light shifted position.
    What was that noise? roll
  • Phoenix SabePhoenix Sabe229,952
    Posted on 20 June 20 at 10:15, Edited on 20 June 20 at 10:17 by Phoenix SabePermalink
    Uhhh. So instead of fixing my streak, it's completely destroyed it.

At first I noticed my completion percentage went down from 67.1% to 69.8%, no biggie right? Decided to check out this thread thinking it might be related to a streak fix, was delighted to see I was right, went straight to the manual rebuild to see if everything has been fixed.

Instead, now my streak of 300+ days (400 without the streak breaking bug), has been replaced with a streak of just 17! days. My timezone is correct so that can't be the issue, and I can say without any doubt I've not missed a day in at least 309 days.
  • Posted on 20 June 20 at 10:29Permalink
    Phoenix Sabe said:
    Uhhh. So instead of fixing my streak, it's completely destroyed it.

At first I noticed my completion percentage went down from 67.1% to 69.8%, no biggie right? Decided to check out this thread thinking it might be related to a streak fix, was delighted to see I was right, went straight to the manual rebuild to see if everything has been fixed.

Instead, now my streak of 300+ days (400 without the streak breaking bug), has been replaced with a streak of just 17! days. My timezone is correct so that can't be the issue, and I can say without any doubt I've not missed a day in at least 309 days.
    There has been a few people on the list that had weird side effects. That being one of them. I’ve fixed it now though. Everything should be in order.
    See You Space Cowboy...
  • Phoenix SabePhoenix Sabe229,952
    Posted on 20 June 20 at 10:31Permalink
    Thank God dude. Almost had a heart attack when I saw it drop to 17 days. Thanks a lot! Appreciate it.
  • MomieMomie2,020,703
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 13:29Permalink
    Hi Reborn, I posted in this thread but I think I wasn't added to the list.. Is it possible to fix my streak like the others? Thanks a lot :)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.