Game Discussion: Microsoft Treasure Hunt (Windows 8)

I launched the game today and it's a new game completely?

• planchetflawplanchetflaw930,837
    Posted on 06 October 19 at 05:06
    Now GS x/1000, all my progress reset. I quickly did the first stage and got 50G for Good Start, 50G for Had To Happen Sometime.
    Is this now a Win10 version that's replaced the Win8 one? I can't see anything on TA about it. Nothing on MS Casual Games site.
    I got the update yesterday via auto-Windows store updating.
    Posted on 06 October 19 at 05:28, Edited on 06 October 19 at 06:08 by planchetflaw
    Version is 2.0.9300.0.
    Here is a screenshot of the achievement panel.
    This game is not showing up in the companion app.
    https://imgur.com/wLgTZnW

The game also seems to remember some(?) of my progress from the listed Win8 version as when I used a map for the first time I was awarded the 20x achievement. When I went to my first bonus room I got my gold bonus room achievement.
    I had to redo clearing all safe squares in a level from scratch. I'm about to use an amulet and see if they auto gives me using an amulet 3 times.
  • YoDzYoDz669,615
    Posted on 06 October 19 at 05:31
    Karnage posted something on his friend feed about this the other day. They are most likely rebranding it for Windows 10 and the list hasn’t been made live yet. I imagine in the next day or two it will be. You can unlock the achievements but they won’t show till the list is activated. This is similar to review copies of games I’ve played before
    Posted on 06 October 19 at 05:38, Edited on 06 October 19 at 06:11 by planchetflaw
    Thank you for your speedy reply, YoDz. I appreciate it. I'll continue to get a few more achievements, then. They are definitely adding to my GS total, just not showing in any list form on Xbox or TA.
    Would that mean the only way to play the older version to finish off those achievements would now be on a Win 8 device?

As a little fun bit, here are the achievements with "PLACEHOLDER" achievement art icons: https://imgur.com/wbpewUT

The game is also glitching WAY less, but I still get freezes sometimes on deaths or level completions. One time losing a bit of progress. Another time I was offered a cloud prompt, but I hadn't done anything in between and the data looked identical (times, etc) but I selected cloud and lost some progress.
  • Posted on 07 October 19 at 02:34
    Since it was mentioned, the achievements appear to be embargo'd as it's likely a Windows 10, or possibly even a mobile title with Windows 10, version now. I've got most of the game completed now and just waiting for the list to go public.
    Posted on 07 October 19 at 11:28
    Did the upgrades always carry over after death? They used to always reset on me in the Win 8 version. But this new version keeps all my upgrades. I may actually properly finish this one now.
  • Posted on 07 October 19 at 12:50
    Yes, they always carry over after death.
  • JDuke705JDuke7051,156,321
    Posted on 08 October 19 at 03:53
    So does this mean it is impossible to get the last achievement in the other title?
    Posted on 08 October 19 at 10:56
    I don't currently have a virtual machine with Windows 8 set up. It may be possible to do it on a Win8 machine. I'm on Win10, though.

I can confirm that earning an achievement you didn't have previously does not unlock it now (only in the upcoming embargo version). I just tried one I didn't have and it didn't unlock here, but did for the new one. Maybe opening the game on a Win8 machine might give it to you if you have it in the new version.
  • Posted on 08 October 19 at 13:08
    It should still work fine on a Windows 8 machine, or Windows 10 if it's not updated.
    Posted on 08 October 19 at 23:39
    Great. I will have to see if i can get a Win 8 machine running so I can get this done. Been doing this on my Win 10 machine and was working on the last achievement that kept glitching. It would never give me the last 2 items from the store no matter what I did. I have restarted from scratch and was going to work on getting it done last night as I was almost there and now got thrown into the new version. Yuck. I think I may still have Win 8 on a desktop in some closet lol or will just throw a Win 8 VM on a server.
    Posted on 09 October 19 at 02:34
    Does anyone have a Win 8 Machine to test to see what version of the app it is? I have a feeling it will also be the new version. Unless you had a machine that already had it installed that was offline. My other desktop was already a Win 10 and i even tried to do a restore on this one but still only getting the new version.
  • JamPound32JamPound321,394,085
    Posted on 09 October 19 at 06:23
    JDuke705 said:
    Does anyone have a Win 8 Machine to test to see what version of the app it is? I have a feeling it will also be the new version. Unless you had a machine that already had it installed that was offline. My other desktop was already a Win 10 and i even tried to do a restore on this one but still only getting the new version.
    I’ve got the game Installed on my old win8 tablet, won’t be able to check till thrusday evening when I’m home though.
    Posted on 09 October 19 at 22:55
    I was able to reimage one of my surfaces laying around at work back to WIn 8.1 and seems to have the old version installed when I installed from the Store after reimage. i am going to try to get my save copied over and get the last achievement ASAP just in case.
  • Toca1FTWToca1FTW490,961
    Posted on 09 October 19 at 23:32, Edited on 09 October 19 at 23:32 by Toca1FTW
    I raked out my Win 8 tablet and tried it.

Wouldn't log into any Xbox Live game, even the Xbox app itself, just constantly "Signing in".

Launched Endless Skater, got this bizarre message, https://imgur.com/a/x4enEMH, then everything logged in.

I did fulfil the requirements for
    Microsoft Treasure Hunt (Windows 8)Money is EvilThe Money is Evil achievement in Microsoft Treasure Hunt (Windows 8) worth 14 pointsReach level 3 without picking up any gold or treasure
    but it did not unlock. headspin
    Posted on 10 October 19 at 01:33
    Toca1FTW said:
    I raked out my Win 8 tablet and tried it.

Wouldn't log into any Xbox Live game, even the Xbox app itself, just constantly "Signing in".

Launched Endless Skater, got this bizarre message, https://imgur.com/a/x4enEMH, then everything logged in.

I did fulfil the requirements for
    Microsoft Treasure Hunt (Windows 8)Money is EvilThe Money is Evil achievement in Microsoft Treasure Hunt (Windows 8) worth 14 pointsReach level 3 without picking up any gold or treasure
    but it did not unlock. headspin
    I know I had to do that twice when I did it. It was glitchy. I posted on ms support and it seems there is a win 10 version now separate than the win 8. When I looked into my freshly imaged surface back to win 8 it looked like it was the old one because it said I had 19 achievements again. I think the point values and different also. I woul check when back home tonight. I know the ads on the win 8 version didn't work but they work again on the win 10 version
    Posted on 10 October 19 at 06:50
    Definitely a win 10 version as its listed now. The one on my surface that installed today from the store is the win 8 version. Just missing the one achievement. I'm going to keep this offline till I win it just in case lolheadspin
  • WiznyattWiznyatt1,785,029
    Posted on 10 October 19 at 16:29
    Can someone who may know more about these things chime in? In the discussion thread for the Windows 10 achievement list for Treasure Hunt it was discussed that it might be possible to play offline and continue normally but I'm wondering if the achievements will unlock when playing offline? And does anyone know if the save glitch for making coins might still work? I imagine without the cloud save it won't but I'm hoping for something definitive. Thanks!
  • Posted on 31 October 19 at 20:37
    I basically got screwed on this too. I heard about the news and I own a Windows 10 Device. I had the Windows 8 version of this game, and I thought S**t. I better get the Windows 8 Version done before it transfers to the Windows 10 Version. Last time I played and unlocked an Achievement was October 12th 2019.

On October 17th 2019, 3 games on my Device had Automatic Updates. Microsoft Mahjong. Microsoft Solitaire Collection. And this game.

It was only yesterday I decided to load the game up and have a look. Only to realise that the game ended up loading me the Windows 10 Version. My Leaderboard Scores are in place. But none of the Achievements are Unlocked, and the Gamerscore has changed, since the Windows 10 Version's 1000G, compared to 200G on the Windows 8 Version.

So like Wiznyatt. I'm hoping that someone could help me figure out a way to help me and everyone else, get the Windows 8 Version back, since we got screwed. Cause apart from Patching around. I think the only way, we're going to be able to play the Windows 8 Version of the game, is buying a device that supports Windows 8.

If I knew the swap-over was going to take place on a certain day, I would have tried to finish this game ages ago. Thanks for nothing Microsoft Casual Games. This is another event you have annoyed me with (Microsoft Jackpot).
    Posted on 07 November 19 at 15:48, Edited on 07 November 19 at 15:50 by planchetflaw
    Microsoft Jackpot is still up and you can still unlock achievements. I unlocked my second to last achievement "09 Sep 2019 at 01:14"
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads