Game Discussion: The Bard's Tale Trilogy Forum

The Battle is Joined achievement

AuthorMessage
Capt Poopey
Capt Poopey
Posted on 07 October 19 at 08:26
Was hoping someone could assist - I've only just started Bards Tale II and completed the beginner dungeon, and explored the countryside and towns.

I found the Grey Crypt and decided to have a crack at it. When I cleared the Snare and obtained my first segment of the Destiny Wand (it provides unlimited Restore spells) I was teleported back to the countryside. The achievement for grabbing the first piece of the wand did not pop, and the counter for obtaining all pieces did not go up from 0%.

Have I cocked something up? Is there a particular piece of the wand I should be looking for first?
I can haz achievement?
eohjay
eohjay
Posted on 07 October 19 at 17:30
I can't tell you whether you've cocked something up or not, but I can tell you that the first piece of the Destiny Wand that I collected was from the Tombs in Ephesus. The one in the Grey Crypt was my next to last.

I don't recall the achievement actively tracking progress via percentages, but I may just have overlooked that.
Capt Poopey
Capt Poopey
Posted on 07 October 19 at 20:32
Hi there eohjay, thank you for the reply. I started the Tombs yesterday so will keep going and see what happens. Really enjoying these games, if I finish BT3 it will be a 30-year completion (my C64 disk drive died in the early 90s!)
I can haz achievement?
Capt Poopey
Capt Poopey
Posted on 10 October 19 at 08:31
Happy to say it popped when I completed the Snare in The Tombs. Didn't expect the achievement description to be so literal (sort of)!

An inscription on the wall said:

'Achievement hunter, so foolishly brave,
Know ye that the sages who programmed this game,
Will test your resolve, and know this to be true,
With luck some percentile counters may sometimes work too'

(With profuse apologies)
I can haz achievement?
eohjay
eohjay
Posted on 10 October 19 at 11:21
Glad to hear it, I was curious if it would work!

Yeah, I really enjoyed my time with this game. I'm going to give IV a shot in the near future here while it's also on Gamepass.
Capt Poopey
Capt Poopey
Posted on 10 October 19 at 20:30
I think I'll give IV a crack too!

Are there any other old school titles similar to the BT trilogy available on Xbox? I'm kinda hooked on this old school turn-based combat!
I can haz achievement?
eohjay
eohjay
Posted on 11 October 19 at 12:02, Edited on 11 October 19 at 12:04 by eohjay
The closest game to these would probably be Operencia: The Stolen Sun

It plays extremely similarly, and it is on Gamepass. It's a newer game, so I can't really call it old school, but it would be the closest match on Xbox that I'm aware of.

Adventure around on a grid based map solving puzzles to progress while combat takes place in a turn-based RPG fashion.
Capt Poopey
Capt Poopey
Posted on 11 October 19 at 21:37
Thank you for that, just watched the game trailer and it looks like a hoot. Just added it to my wish list!
I can haz achievement?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.