Game Discussion: Gears POP! Forum

New patch strategy

AuthorMessage
Korewahondes
Korewahondes
Posted on 08 October 19 at 14:10
So, any advice with the new balance patch?

OMM has been nerfed again whereas Kait and the Boomer became very good. Salvage Grenadier is now better also.

Small units (Lancer Gear, Snub and shepherds) have now a lot less HP but do you think they're still worth playing?
Transcending history, and the world, a tale of souls and swords, eternally retold.
Infamous
Infamous
Posted on 08 October 19 at 14:32
Boom!

Boom!

Boom!
Savenal
Savenal
Posted on 08 October 19 at 15:11, Edited on 08 October 19 at 15:13 by Savenal
Omg, Savage Grenadier lvl 8 oneshot Savage Grenadier lvl10. WTF??
It's like Test your luck now - who will throw its grenade first...
Infamous
Infamous
Posted on 08 October 19 at 15:15
Don't think much will change tbh, Grenadier/Ink is still better than the Boomer, Hammer/DR1 could wipe a drone division and save 2 power, Kait was always a very good turret killer and shepherds/snubs/lancers were always played behind tanks.
Phil the Bear
Phil the Bear
Posted on 08 October 19 at 18:15
It feels massively different to me now

A drone can wipe out snubs/shepherds without them getting a single shot off.

Grenadiers are virtually useless. Anything with a fast rate of fire can kill it fast.

The whole game is now geared towards “explosive” characters. Boomers/butchers/Carmine etc have all destroyed me this afternoon.

Examples of things to happen to me.

My lancer crew, snubs and shepherds all grouped together pushing towards a tower. Opponent drops boomer. One shot - all 9 pins dead!

Opponent drops Carmine and Marcus close to my turret. In the time it takes me to drop a pin the turret has only 200 health left.

It seems you need a big power hitter rather than rely on groups of units.
https://philthebearblog.wordpress.com/
lI Majora Il
lI Majora Il
Posted on 08 October 19 at 19:29, Edited on 08 October 19 at 20:01 by lI Majora Il
Whoa everything got nerfed into the ground except a couple characters. Good thing I spent all of my coins on a team that will no longer be useful lol.

Edit: after a little bit of experimentation, Kait is definitely the way to go. The buff made her extremely useful.
firehazardcs
firehazardcs
Posted on 09 October 19 at 00:56
Ink got nerfed even harder than before. Savage grenadier is near useless as it gets one shotted now. Shepards get one shotted. All three of those were in my lineup. I feel much weaker now. Very frustrating. Can’t imagine having paid for any of this to then have them make the build useless. Another reason to not pour any money into these types of games.
Mr7VIGHTMARE
Mr7VIGHTMARE
Posted on 09 October 19 at 03:28
Well I made it to gold again. Orginally I was using my season 1 squad, that got me up to at least 2600 tags , then this patch came out and made it completely useless. Experimented around and eventually I made a squad that could handle everything. So yea shepards, snub, ink, and grenadier is no longer on the table for me. One drone, even a boomer could kill them in a second with barley any damage taken.
A-A-RON (Mr7VIGHTMARE)
Lavindathar
Lavindathar
Posted on 09 October 19 at 16:32
Mr7VIGHTMARE said:
Well I made it to gold again. Orginally I was using my season 1 squad, that got me up to at least 2600 tags , then this patch came out and made it completely useless. Experimented around and eventually I made a squad that could handle everything. So yea shepards, snub, ink, and grenadier is no longer on the table for me. One drone, even a boomer could kill them in a second with barley any damage taken.
So what are you using instead?

I’ve kept snubs for low cast fast cap. And I’ve kept grenadier because he destroys Shepard’s.
Ace#4617
Ace
Posted on 10 October 19 at 00:46
My current loadout that has lost 1 game so far and had a few draws today, but defenders advantage is broken.

Locust Drone
Drone Division
Reyna Diaz
Marcus Fenix
Savage Grenadier
Wretches
Shock Grenade
Del Walker

Push with Locus Drone, Drone Division and Marcus. When you get close to the tower, usually around the time you cap the middle cover, throw down Reyna and Wretches, ult if you have it and shock grenade at the tower if you have the power. That kills a tower 99% of the time and in teh rare case where your opponent defends its not hard to mount another offense to take it out. Grenadier and Del are for defense if your opponent manages to stack large numbers of pins in one lane. Grenadier can also be used as a utility capper for an empty or lightly defended lane.
Korewahondes
Korewahondes
Posted on 10 October 19 at 10:48
Thanks for your team but wondering how levelled up they are? In other words, can my Epic pins lvl3, my rare pins lvl6 and my common pins lvl10 make it or not?
Transcending history, and the world, a tale of souls and swords, eternally retold.
JamP0und32
JamP0und32
Posted on 10 October 19 at 17:39
I've been having good luck using higher cost pins and using them instead of the old method of spamming low cost ones which are now useless.

Reyna - level 6
Snubs - level 11
Grinder - level 6
Frag - level 14
Lancer Gear - level 11
Marcus - Level 6
Locust Drone - Level 12
Kait - Level 5
Emergence Hole - Level 7

Snubs and lancer to cap and low cost to use to cycle to others which i use more. E-hole next to a turret with kait/reyna/grinder will take out a turret.

If you're being overrun a frag clears out most or a grinder when it gets going does massive damage.
Korewahondes
Korewahondes
Posted on 10 October 19 at 22:23, Edited on 10 October 19 at 22:24 by Korewahondes
Ok so got silver with this team.

Lancer gear lvl 10
Shock grenade lvl 10
Snub soldiers lvl 11
Reyna lvl 3
Drone lvl 11
Kait lvl 4
Boomer lvl 7
Drone division lvl 6

It's stupid how the new staple unit is the drone. You want him everywhere. And the 2 drones from division lvl6 have the same stats than my solo drone lvl 11! Just, whoah!

Shock on turret + reyna/kait/e-hole is effective as hell and it also kills gears/snub/shepherds your opponent would put to defend. Boomer is an effective tank if you're overwhelmed but basically you want drones everywhere, and small units are used to take covers quickly.
Ace#4617
Ace
Posted on 11 October 19 at 07:00
I've changed my team around a bit. Marcus costs too much for the value he brings and grenadier isn't a great defensive option.

Locust Drone
Lancer Gear
Kait Diaz
Wretches
Reyna Diaz
Drone Division
Shock Grenade
Del Walker

The first 6 are my main rotation, with Kait being used any time I start pushing a tower and Reyna used to help clean up a lane with anything big in it. Shock and Del are more defensive for vs large groups. It is important to note for Del that he currently crashes my client on Windows if I hit more than 5 enemies at once with his attack. Because of this I have switched to playing on mobile for now, which doesn't seem to have the same issue.

As for troop levels. I don't list mine because its all relative. I could say that my troops are a very high level compared to yours, but at the same time the opponents I'm facing might be high level compared to the opponents you are facing. Troop strength grows with level, sure, but unless your pins are drastically different in level, eg a level 12 Lancer vs a level 6 ticker, the effect will be the same.
Korewahondes
Korewahondes
Posted on 11 October 19 at 09:16
Ace#4617 said:
As for troop levels. I don't list mine because its all relative. I could say that my troops are a very high level compared to yours, but at the same time the opponents I'm facing might be high level compared to the opponents you are facing. Troop strength grows with level, sure, but unless your pins are drastically different in level, eg a level 12 Lancer vs a level 6 ticker, the effect will be the same.
True, you make a point here.
jan0bi
jan0bi
Posted on 12 October 19 at 21:47
I've changed my line up a couple of times trying to find the best layout after the latest nerfing. I reached Gold league twice today, whilst this game is about strategy, knowing what works against pins is good knowledge to have.

Also some pins are much stronger than other pins, and you can use this to your advantage, my layout is similar to Ace's, but with 3 different pins.
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 15 October 19 at 23:54
Dear God. A level 7 E-hole? I'm not putting in the kind of money that's going to cost.

495 GS seems good enough for me. Best of luck to everyone still playing. toast
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
Lavindathar
Lavindathar
Posted on 16 October 19 at 15:23
No, level 7 ehole is nuts. Mine is still level 1.

I’m having success now hovering around silver. Only started the game around 2 weeks ago, so I’ll take it.

The thing that is helping me is Anya.

I run

Drone squad (lv5)
Drone (lv10)
Snub (lv10)
Grenadier (lv10)
Anya (lv1)
Hammer (lv2)
Kait (lv4)
Reyna (lv2)

I’ve put no money into it bar the first two bundles (about 14£). That’s enough for me, so with 2 weeks I’ll take it,

I basically just try to hold an even match. Then Anya Kait combo usually kills a tower. If my push is defended, anya plus hammer does 600 dmg to the tower.
Pineapple Taco
Posted on 17 October 19 at 23:23
These teams helped me break out of my losing streak. Thanks. When you guys are using Kait, are you using the gnasher or mace version of her?
jan0bi
jan0bi
Posted on 18 October 19 at 06:47
Pineapple Taco said:
These teams helped me break out of my losing streak. Thanks. When you guys are using Kait, are you using the gnasher or mace version of her?
Neither, I normally send her down just to take out a turret. Either behind Cole or Anya, try and have an ultimate going at the same time for further distraction.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.