Game Discussion: Gears POP!

New patch strategy

• KorewahondesKorewahondes995,164
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 09:23
    ^^ The one who costs 4
    Transcending history, and the world, a tale of souls and swords, eternally retold.
  • AceAce1,677,347
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 13:42
    Pineapple Taco said:
    These teams helped me break out of my losing streak. Thanks. When you guys are using Kait, are you using the gnasher or mace version of her?
    Shotgun, the shotgun version got a big HP buff so she is super tanky now.
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,930,857
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 17:39
    Dammit... keeps pulling me back in. I just want to get to gold once so I can finish that thing.

I have everything but OMM, Anya, and a ticker. I'll see if I can build something.

I hate that we can spend so much updating a certain character just to have it completely nerfed. That feels like robbery.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • Posted on 22 October 19 at 04:17
    Ahh... finally got gold tonight. I kept hovering between 2600 and 2750 for about 2 weeks. Some names on here look very familiar and im sure we have battled. Here was my line-up...

Del lv 10
    Sentinel lv 9
    Kait Diaz shot gun lv 7
    Snub soldiers lv 11
    Lancer gear lv 12
    Reyna Diaz lv 6
    Carmine lv 11
    Ink grenade lv 14
    Emergence hole lv 4

Thanks for some of the tips!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 October 19 at 16:34
    I personally only tried for this the past 3 days, best to try closer to reset. IMHO.

i did spend about 3 hours each of those days though from midnight to 3am (+10gmt). Seemed i found easier opponents at this time.

My team was:

Lancer Gear Lvl 11
    Augustus Cole Lvl 7
    Snub Soldiers Lvl 11
    Grinder Lvl 4
    Locust Drone Lvl 11
    Drone Division Lvl 7
    Kate Diaz Lvl 3
    Old Man Marcus Lvl1

I Keeped going up to mid 2700 then back down to 2500 each day, so skill is pretty even.
    Though i did notice my Pins and player lvl was lower then others. i managed to put up a good fight.
    I may have got lucky but glad i can now derank and smack the bottom tier players =p
  • Raptor DEM0NRaptor DEM0N678,767
    Posted on 25 October 19 at 10:01, Edited on 25 October 19 at 10:04 by Raptor DEM0N
    Its all about how many $$ you put into this game. Pathetic.
    I dont understand, whats the point playing against lvl 13++ players as lvl 10, while all are my troops are free kill for them.

Anyway borrowed some ideas from the topic, I was able to achieve silver, but its pain in the ass right now. Only playing against pumpkin heads skins.

Its impossible to reach gold, maybe I should uninstall this garbage.

Current team:

Lancer - 10
    Snub - 9
    Kait - 4
    Frag - 10
    Drone - 10
    Cole - 6
    Reyna - 3
    Drone div - 6

Maybe you have better ideas how should I improve my team or what to switch etc.. dont think so with such as team I can reach gold.
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,971,747
    Posted on 25 October 19 at 12:41, Edited on 25 October 19 at 12:42 by Lavindathar
    Raptor DEM0N said:
    Its all about how many $$ you put into this game. Pathetic.
    I dont understand, whats the point playing against lvl 13++ players as lvl 10, while all are my troops are free kill for them.

Anyway borrowed some ideas from the topic, I was able to achieve silver, but its pain in the ass right now. Only playing against pumpkin heads skins.

Its impossible to reach gold, maybe I should uninstall this garbage.

Current team:

Lancer - 10
    Snub - 9
    Kait - 4
    Frag - 10
    Drone - 10
    Cole - 6
    Reyna - 3
    Drone div - 6

Maybe you have better ideas how should I improve my team or what to switch etc.. dont think so with such as team I can reach gold.
    Solid team. But I wouldn’t use lancer gears and snubs in the same setup. They do the same thing. I’d drop lancers and swap for something else. Possibly savage to deal with Shepard’s and other multi-pins? This way you can save your frag for drone division.

My team is similar. Except lancers for savage, frag for hammer of dawn, and Cole for Anya.
  • xxDave13xxxxDave13xx215,953
    Posted on 25 October 19 at 14:57
    Ace#4617 said:
    I've changed my team around a bit. Marcus costs too much for the value he brings and grenadier isn't a great defensive option.

Locust Drone
    Lancer Gear
    Kait Diaz
    Wretches
    Reyna Diaz
    Drone Division
    Shock Grenade
    Del Walker

The first 6 are my main rotation, with Kait being used any time I start pushing a tower and Reyna used to help clean up a lane with anything big in it. Shock and Del are more defensive for vs large groups. It is important to note for Del that he currently crashes my client on Windows if I hit more than 5 enemies at once with his attack. Because of this I have switched to playing on mobile for now, which doesn't seem to have the same issue.
    This line-up did it for me. Got to gold yesterday with it.
    I went from a floundering lower level bronze player who thought Marcus was the best pin I had to running through bronze and silver in about a week.
    When you get Reyna/Wretches/Kait/Ultimate wretches/Shock converging on a turret at the same time; it's a sight to behold.

To me, the key to this deck is properly utilizing Dell. He costs a lot (5) and dies pretty quickly but can be devastating when dropped in the right place at the right time. When I would lose, 9 times out of 10 it was because I should have dropped Dell and didn't.

It does have some weaknesses (no frag or hammer to defend L. Div.) but obviously got the job done as I won more games than I lost.

So, thanks to Ace!!! I don't think I'd reach gold without you taking a few minutes to share how you succeeded. I even told a buddy of mine who was struggling to change his lineup to this and he is now silver after a couple days!

DISCLAIMER: The legendary crate from the Halloween bundle is the only crate I've purchased; otherwise the only money I've spent on this game is for coins.
    Posted on 27 October 19 at 09:05
    Every single time I manage to reach 2,750 points, I just lose 200 points in a row, that's so irritating.
    Transcending history, and the world, a tale of souls and swords, eternally retold.
  • IL TomminoIL Tommino157,144
    Posted on 27 October 19 at 09:57
    Korewahondes said:
    Every single time I manage to reach 2,750 points, I just lose 200 points in a row, that's so irritating.
    What s your level? What s the level you met when you are near the gold??
    Many people tell the the last 100 cogs for the gold are a nightmare.
    Posted on 27 October 19 at 15:52, Edited on 27 October 19 at 15:57 by Korewahondes
    Finally hit gold, I'm so happy haha!!! 2,801 points lol and I won't play ranked matches until season is over.

My team :

Player level 12

Snub soldiers 11
    Shock grenade 11
    Cole 8
    Reyna 4
    Kait 6
    Drone 11
    HoD 4
    Drone div 7

After I read what everyone here was playing, I made some adjustments to my previous team this morning as I used to play DR1 instead of HoD, gnasher gang instead of D Div and ink instead of shock. I also got rid of lancer gear to put Kait because Kait kept destroying me. I was afraid not to have enough pins to control covers but no, that works pretty well.

IL Tommino said:
    What s the level you met when you are near the gold?
    Players I face are usually between level 10 and 12, and next to gold they tend to go between 12 and 14. But they also usually have high level pins that destroy me like gnasher gang lvl 10 or grinder lvl 6.

EDIT: FYI, I've paid a total of 15€ for this game, including 10€ I got through Microsoft Rewards.
    Posted on 27 October 19 at 16:08
    Korewahondes said:
    Finally hit gold, I'm so happy haha!!! 2,801 points lol and I won't play ranked matches until season is over.

My team :

Player level 12

Snub soldiers 11
    Shock grenade 11
    Cole 8
    Reyna 4
    Kait 6
    Drone 11
    HoD 4
    Drone div 7

After I read what everyone here was playing, I made some adjustments to my previous team this morning as I used to play DR1 instead of HoD, gnasher gang instead of D Div and ink instead of shock. I also got rid of lancer gear to put Kait because Kait kept destroying me. I was afraid not to have enough pins to control covers but no, that works pretty well
    I don t understand....do you use the first or the team in the description for reach gold?
    I have the first deck ( cole level 7 Kati 4) but it s really hard.
    Posted on 27 October 19 at 17:50
    ^ This team made it to gold.

Snub soldiers 11
    Shock grenade 11
    Cole 8
    Reyna 4
    Kait 6
    Drone 11
    HoD 4
    Drone div 7

Sorry if I was unclear. Oh and I use E-hole lvl 3, also forgot to mention it.
  • planting42planting422,094,507
    Posted on 27 October 19 at 20:35
    So glad I didn't spend $$ on this trash. Wait, they'll nerf stuff around again to further milk the masses in a month or so.
    Posted on 28 October 19 at 07:46
    I just give up this, Impossible to earn gold. Getting against 3-4 lvls higher players who sweep the floor with you, pressing on play again and match against the same, its like riding the same dick twice. Of course I loose like 35 cogs per match, after the 6th or 7th looses in a row the game makes pity on you and matches you with a 2 lvls lower player where you can win, which is pathetic. As soon as I get my horde and 1000 matches I will delete this trash from my phone. I still dont get that why im still playing game.
  • Phil the BearPhil the Bear1,169,281
    Posted on 28 October 19 at 08:18
    Raptor DEM0N said:
    I just give up this, Impossible to earn gold. Getting against 3-4 lvls higher players who sweep the floor with you, pressing on play again and match against the same, its like riding the same dick twice. Of course I loose like 35 cogs per match, after the 6th or 7th looses in a row the game makes pity on you and matches you with a 2 lvls lower player where you can win, which is pathetic. As soon as I get my horde and 1000 matches I will delete this trash from my phone. I still dont get that why im still playing game.
    This sounds like me a few weeks ago.

It’s an absolute nightmare and soul crushing.

My recommendation would be that if you plan to skip it for this season just turn the game off for 3-5 days and get it out of your system and try again season 3.

I suspect they will do another “balance” a few days into season 3 and it might be worth seeing if that’s the time to try again.
    https://philthebearblog.wordpress.com/
    Posted on 28 October 19 at 08:50
    Now I m 2585, this morning win 3 lost 1....I’m level 10 with this setup:
    Shock
    Dell 7
    Drone 11
    Drone div. 7
    Snub 11
    Hammer 3
    Kate 4
    Frag or Reyna or wretchers

I repeat.....IT S A NIGHTMARE!!!
    Posted on 28 October 19 at 09:28, Edited on 28 October 19 at 09:30 by Korewahondes
    I really like Reyna, I wouldn't play a team without her. She destroys Kait or Drones so quickly haha, and I also use her (or Cole) against opponent's e-hole.
    Posted on 28 October 19 at 10:52
    Phil the Bear said:
    Raptor DEM0N said:
    This sounds like me a few weeks ago.

It’s an absolute nightmare and soul crushing.

My recommendation would be that if you plan to skip it for this season just turn the game off for 3-5 days and get it out of your system and try again season 3.

I suspect they will do another “balance” a few days into season 3 and it might be worth seeing if that’s the time to try again.
    There wont be balance about higher lvls.
    Just met a lvl 17 guy few mins ago, whose all pins were more than 13++ match was about 1 min. I still dont get that, why Im matched 6 lvl higher player. Useless to play against it.
  • Phil the BearPhil the Bear1,169,281
    Posted on 28 October 19 at 11:40
    @Il Tommino I used almost exactly your build. I tried Reyna/shock/wretches but just settled on shepherds and frags because I had them at decent levels.

Shepherds die super quick but are useful for defending Kait and E-Holes because they fire fast and those things don’t shoot back. As long as you put them behind/alongside your tower it’s ok.

@Raptor Demon Completely agree. I actually raised three support tickets with Gears Pop complaining about matchmaking being bad due to this. After the third ticket I just got a generic response saying that the search criteria is cogs and level but the criteria expands the longer you search.

My advice is you never let the search circle spin more than once or twice (you already replied in that) and you never ever ever hit play again!

As far as I’m concerned hitting play again is a really bad move. Just beat someone? Well now they know your strategy. Just lost to someone? Do you really want to play them again? Wait at least 30 seconds on the main menu. You don’t want to play that person again. Or just play once an hour.

The other thing I was going to say, because I experienced this at the end of season one is that in my opinion now is a really bad time to play. There are lots of posts about how it gets easier towards the end of the season. And I think that’s true to a point. But 3-5 days before season end there will be an awful lot of people making a big push for gold. Competitiveness must start to rocket. And stress levels when you lose definitely do - I know that from experience.
    https://philthebearblog.wordpress.com/
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads