Game Discussion: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Forum

Forum to discuss specific games - ALL threads MUST be associated with a game

Stop embracing SONY's foot up your arse!

Related game: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

AuthorMessage
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 08 October 19 at 19:33
Stop it. Just stop it. Every year, Activision makes a little bit more 'exclusive' for PS4. When is the Xbox community going to stand up and stop taking supporting a brand that doesn't respect their community.

Sure, you can say it's only exclusive skins, or it's only for a month, or it's just an extra mode, or.... what else is next? If the XBOX community doesn't stand up for itself, soon enough its going to be much more.

Yes, Survival might not be a concern for some (like me), but for some they will be very unhappy. Now, I am not promoting unhappiness, but trying to point out you don't need to play this game. You don't need to support this dev.

Modern Warfare's Spec Ops Survival Mode is Exclusive to PS4 for an Entire Year

A FULL FREAKING YEAR. perhaps there will be no achievements for this, but what about the 90% of Xbox players who don't care about achievements, the 90% who just want the full game their paid for. Did they make the Xbox version cheaper because it had less? NO. We pay the same price for less - IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW MUCH LESS!

So I urge, a call to arms, of the consumer and say 'no'. Scream it into the night, at the bully down the block, and swing that old PS2 controller like it was a lasso and finally cancel that preorder. Don't play that game. Wait for the next rendition of the same game we all once loved.
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 08 October 19 at 21:07
Nobody seemed to complain about exclusives when Microsoft was throwing tens of millions of dollars around, locking down content for a certain amount of time or even locking down games for months.

It will blow over, just like the Blizzard and NBA controversy. People will forget about it and move on to the next cool thing to be angry about, but do fuck-all to stop it.
If users on this site searched before posting, the forums would be a much better place.
iMaginaryy
iMaginaryy
Posted on 08 October 19 at 23:34
Psshh, trying to use the internet to get people to work together towards a worthy cause...

Fear is the mindkiller.
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 09 October 19 at 01:48
Stop embracing SONY's foot up your arse!
Just to make one thing clear, it's Activision, not Sony. There's nothing wrong with Microsoft or Sony trying to pull customers from the other side. The problem is when companies like Activision take the money and gradually get worse and worse until we get what we have here with CoD.

And Yummy, a lot of people did actually complain back then, myself included. If it's not a first party product, there is absolutely no benefit whatsoever for the players, and it's the publishers who allow that that are the problem.
#mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
Living Legends
Posted on 09 October 19 at 01:59
Your preaching to the wrong crowd. Nonetheless it's my money and ill support what i think is worthy of it. Go fight activision and loot boxes but that is ok.
Piston Toyota
Piston Toyota
Posted on 10 October 19 at 02:28, Edited on 10 October 19 at 02:28 by Piston Toyota
As we all know, Gamers are notoriously great at boycotts. :)

https://i.imgur.com/i2R3gHO.jpg
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 10 October 19 at 02:41
I genuinely pray that image never stops getting shared.
#mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
JungAndReckless
Posted on 10 October 19 at 03:24
No one on Xbox cared when we were the ones benefiting from the arrangement. We also didn't care when Mass Effect wasn't released on Playstation for 5 years, or when all of the Tomb Raider games are exclusive to Xbox for a year. And that's just naming a few. It's scummy for sure, and probably misguided, but there isn't anything wrong with corporations competing for sales...
Living Legends
Posted on 10 October 19 at 06:31
JungAndReckless said:
No one on Xbox cared when we were the ones benefiting from the arrangement. We also didn't care when Mass Effect wasn't released on Playstation for 5 years, or when all of the Tomb Raider games are exclusive to Xbox for a year. And that's just naming a few. It's scummy for sure, and probably misguided, but there isn't anything wrong with corporations competing for sales...
And the first bioshock. Was an Xbox exclusive for a long time
JungAndReckless
Posted on 10 October 19 at 15:18
Living Legends said:
JungAndReckless said:
And the first bioshock. Was an Xbox exclusive for a long time
Yeah you’re right, I didn’t even remember that. Shows how fast we forget.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.