Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Frostpunk Console Edition Review: Surviving in the Last City on Earth

• Vr EnglishVr English618,547
    Posted on 10 October 19 at 12:01Permalink
    Good review thanks. Love the 11 hour to 3 achievement ratio. I expect some TA ratios on this will be skyhigh.
  • Posted on 10 October 19 at 17:06Permalink
    Really want to try this though I'm not exactly great at management games. Will have to watch for a sale/game pass addition.
  • KasugaSamaKasugaSama116,737
    Posted on 10 October 19 at 21:37Permalink
    Elite1111111111 said:
    Really want to try this though I'm not exactly great at management games. Will have to watch for a sale/game pass addition.
    My thoughts exactly.

"But a well-conceived narrative and premise makes it worth picking up whether you’re new to the genre, or have years of city-building experience behind you."

This sells it form me. I am TERRIBLE at management/strat/survival games, but this one looks super cool. Sounds it, too!
    Everything you do is a balloon.
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv449,629
    Posted on 11 October 19 at 00:37, Edited on 11 October 19 at 01:23 by SchinderdivPermalink
    Frostpunk is stressful, eh? Guess it's not for me then... As interesting as it seems, I don't play video games to be stressed.
    If you have to ask, you're streets behind.
  • Posted on 11 October 19 at 09:40Permalink
    Schinderdiv said:
    Frostpunk is stressful, eh? Guess it's not for me then... As interesting as it seems, I don't play video games to be stressed.
    Come on man if you're not getting stressed when playing games you're not living your best life!
    OME Kane no1 of the 7
  • Rista BRista B413,064
    Posted on 11 October 19 at 12:55Permalink
    Sounds interesting but does the gameplay feel fair or does it feel like you are being forced into unwinnable situations due to nothing but bad options being made available?
    Remember Philando Castile, a fellow gamer, a human being, Rest in Peace
  • LeChuck666LeChuck666163,537
    Posted on 11 October 19 at 13:38Permalink
    I'm super tempted by this tbh, the one thing that will swing it for me would be keyboard & mouse support, these sort of games always feel weird to me with a controller
  • Cellar AtticCellar Attic427,780
    Posted on 11 October 19 at 17:00Permalink
    ClockWrkPhantom said:
    Schinderdiv said:
    Come on man if you're not getting stressed when playing games you're not living your best life!
    I get both of these perspectives. I want to relax while I play video games, but I don't want a simple walk through the park either. Give me something that is challenging without being punishing, enjoyable but not pointlessly so.

As for this game, I wasn't interested in it at all until I read this review. Now it seems like something I might have to try.
  • wolfsburgrazwolfsburgraz454,836
    Posted on 11 October 19 at 17:38Permalink
    Thank you for the great review. I've been interested in this game since hearing about the PC version on the Giant Beastcast last year but am extremely intimidated by it. It sounds fun, challenging, grim and as you mentioned, very stressful.

I'm not very good at this type of game but will certainly give it a look at some point.
  • Posted on 11 October 19 at 21:46Permalink
    this game sounds unique if it makes it to game pass ill give it a go
    budah
  • Posted on 12 October 19 at 11:53Permalink
    I read this yesterday and forgot to comment, I would of just scanned straight over this game without this review but my interest has been perked, i'll keep an eye on it, ty for the review! ;)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.