Game Discussion: Gears 5 Forum

Can we Discuss Horde Character Exp

AuthorMessage
Avoids
Avoids
Posted on 10 October 19 at 13:55, Edited on 10 October 19 at 13:59 by Avoids
Does anyone know exactly how this is calculated? I joined a few random custom lobbies last night and everyone had there own theories.

I am just looking for the most "Efficient" way to gather exp. I did waves 1-30 on insane last night and only gained one level with JD (level 7->8). I am just not sure exactly how this is calculated.
Mercado
Mercado
Posted on 10 October 19 at 21:12
From what I can tell you get more character XP if you complete it on a higher difficulty. I'm not sure if what modifiers you have on affect the character XP gained or just the difficulty level itself. If people find this out then I'm sure we can find the optimal modifiers on for the shortest run.
Avoids
Avoids
Posted on 11 October 19 at 12:15
I commonly see people running insane with typically most other modifiers except bonus damage and bonus health.

I met someone last night that said 40-50 grants the most exp. Interesting concept but I do not have enough data to troubleshoot.
skjoldr
skjoldr
Posted on 11 October 19 at 12:48, Edited on 11 October 19 at 12:48 by skjoldr
41-50 on master give u a Little more then 1/4 level @17, its a good way but only 2 cards rewarded
Avoids
Avoids
Posted on 11 October 19 at 13:08
skjoldr said:
41-50 on master give u a Little more then 1/4 level @17, its a good way but only 2 cards rewarded
This is good information. I am "assuming" more waves = more cards.
Infamous
Infamous
Posted on 11 October 19 at 13:12
You get a card for every 5 waves you complete.
Avoids
Avoids
Posted on 11 October 19 at 13:42
Infamous said:
You get a card for every 5 waves you complete.
Nice! We are making some progress now.
Healtti
Healtti
Posted on 11 October 19 at 13:55, Edited on 12 October 19 at 07:50 by Healtti
In a nutshell:
For max XP gain repeat Wave 50 on master.
For cards, repeat Waves 1-5 on master.

The common "best of both worlds" method is 41-50 on Master.
But the optimal strat might be 46-50 on Master. [edit]
"We aren't planning on doing anything about it." - Bethesda Support North America
Infamous
Infamous
Posted on 11 October 19 at 14:21
I'd say 46-50 is better, the early waves seem to take longer (mainly leech waves) and don't seem to give as much xp, you also don't risk getting sentinels on 45 which are imo the hardest bosses in the game lol.

Exhibit is also the best map for it since you can't get Swarmaks or Kestrels as bosses. Set up in the spawn with a locker for JD, 3-4 barriers and the rest sentries, save some power for repairs too or maybe a forge. A good JD with GL bleed damage will be able to take down any boss, for the bastions JD can fire a boomshot at the shield and it will hit the bastion usually killing it if bleed is high enough, the only problem is guardians which you just gotta hope they don't instantly mow you all down before JD can take it down.

Personally I've levelled all my characters to level 15+ just from playing normally on master and I just do wave 50 (same method as above but no forge) when I feel like grinding Re-Up XP.
Avoids
Avoids
Posted on 11 October 19 at 14:53
Infamous said:
I'd say 46-50 is better, the early waves seem to take longer (mainly leech waves) and don't seem to give as much xp, you also don't risk getting sentinels on 45 which are imo the hardest bosses in the game lol.

Exhibit is also the best map for it since you can't get Swarmaks or Kestrels as bosses. Set up in the spawn with a locker for JD, 3-4 barriers and the rest sentries, save some power for repairs too or maybe a forge. A good JD with GL bleed damage will be able to take down any boss, for the bastions JD can fire a boomshot at the shield and it will hit the bastion usually killing it if bleed is high enough, the only problem is guardians which you just gotta hope they don't instantly mow you all down before JD can take it down.

Personally I've levelled all my characters to level 15+ just from playing normally on master and I just do wave 50 (same method as above but no forge) when I feel like grinding Re-Up XP.
Super interesting here. However I do not think my characters are high enough to tackle master yet.
Infamous
Infamous
Posted on 11 October 19 at 15:38
The method works for all difficulties but master just gives the most XP, you really only need a high JD on your team anyway, the rest could be level 1 as long as they know what they're doing lol. Its also possible without JD but you definitely need some bleed damage (Kait/JD) in case you get a matriarch.
I Ebon Hawk I
I Ebon Hawk I
Posted on 13 October 19 at 10:05
Most wave 50 Master lobbies specify that you need a high level character to join or you get insta kicked. If your characters aren't already at 15 or close to it then it's not effective. I've been having to play on Advanced or Elite because those are the only difficulties I find viable with random players. On Insane and above you need a good team that communicates and utilises teamwork.
Infamous
Infamous
Posted on 13 October 19 at 13:56
Yeah you need a premade group to do it properly, most random teams someone will usually find a way to mess it up lol. Some of the wave 50 lobbies could just be trying to 'master' the maps for the seriously achievement so it makes sense to bring high levels there for the best chance at beating it.
BaronVoNewman
BaronVoNewman
Posted on 14 October 19 at 19:53
Most of the master wave 50s are doable with a decent leveled kait and at least a JD with bleed and 12 del. Besides that everyone is bonus.
Bvn
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.