Lists

Forum for a load of useful lists

List: Xbox 360 games that can be resumed after being suspended (need help)

• EchtzeitEchtzeit426,697
    Posted on 13 November 19 at 16:53, Edited on 13 November 19 at 16:59 by EchtzeitPermalink
    Hello there,

I just discovered that apparently some Xbox 360 games on Xbox One can be resumed, after the system was turned off (with instant-on active).

Previously I was under the impression, that this was impossible. But I'm pleasently surprised by this fact and naturally want to compile a list of games that support this feature.

But, I need the help of this community. If you find a 360 game that offers you to "Resume" after you wake up your console, please post in the comments. I will keep adding games as I discover them myself.

The List of confirmed games

Consistent

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
    Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
    Gears of War 2
    LEGO Indiana Jones (need confirmation)
    Sonic Unleashed

Inconsistent or with errors

Call Of Duty: Black Ops

Won't resume

Gears of War 1
  • Johnny SinisterJohnny Sinister1,003,553
    Posted on 13 October 19 at 16:14Permalink
    Just started playing Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara this week and I can confirm that it resumes (or at least starts back at the same menu I left it on) after cycling power.
    Posted on 13 October 19 at 16:20Permalink
    I will try and post more as I find them, but I have noticed that this does cause some issues with Xbox Live. For example, with D&D, it resumes my game and I am still connected to Live ( all achievement timestamps still work properly), but the game tells me I am not connected to Live and leaderboards won't work. I have to completely exit the game and reboot it for everything to work properly. May cause an issue for games with matchmaking.

Just something to consider.
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper741,475
  • Joel78Joel78520,702
    Posted on 13 October 19 at 20:55Permalink
    Yeah it happens sometimes with Call Of Duty Black Ops, but not always. Also the sound messes up a little bit in Zombies when it happens.
    Posted on 13 October 19 at 23:25Permalink
    Johnny Sinister said:
    I will try and post more as I find them, but I have noticed that this does cause some issues with Xbox Live. For example, with D&D, it resumes my game and I am still connected to Live ( all achievement timestamps still work properly), but the game tells me I am not connected to Live and leaderboards won't work. I have to completely exit the game and reboot it for everything to work properly. May cause an issue for games with matchmaking.

Just something to consider.
    Some short time after resuming Call of Juarez, the "Synching cloud storage" message appears on screen, but disappears again pretty quickly. But you can go online anytime - play a game or check leaderboards - without a problem.
    Posted on 14 October 19 at 01:39Permalink
    Echtzeit said:
    RadiantViper said:
    I noticed this happening a few times with Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga
    What do you mean, it only happens sometimes, not always?
    I'm pretty sure it always happens, I just meant I noticed it a few times by accident. I can double check later though
    Posted on 14 October 19 at 10:50Permalink
    Joel78 said:
    Yeah it happens sometimes with Call Of Duty Black Ops, but not always. Also the sound messes up a little bit in Zombies when it happens.
    Which of the Black Ops ist this?
    Posted on 14 October 19 at 14:09Permalink
    Actually, I am not a fan of this feature. If you are not careful (i.e don't close the app and reopen after power cycle), it can allow for you to be online with Xbox Live, but potentially offline the Xbox 360 servers.

I unlocked several achievements on D&D: Chronicles of Mystara yesterday and they all show as unlocked offline even though my Xbox One registered me as being online the entire time. (achievements haven't updated on this site yet either).

Although I didn't plan on pushing through GTASC for long, this definitely impacted me getting eliminated this week.
  • Joel78Joel78520,702
    Posted on 15 October 19 at 04:46Permalink
    Echtzeit said:
    Joel78 said:
    Which of the Black Ops ist this?
    The first one, I'll try it again to see if it does do it consistently or just randomly, I've just been closing it completely lately as some of the sound doesn't play if I resume, for instance the beginning/end of round sounds.
    Posted on 15 October 19 at 20:26Permalink
    Johnny Sinister said:
    Actually, I am not a fan of this feature. If you are not careful (i.e don't close the app and reopen after power cycle), it can allow for you to be online with Xbox Live, but potentially offline the Xbox 360 servers.

I unlocked several achievements on D&D: Chronicles of Mystara yesterday and they all show as unlocked offline even though my Xbox One registered me as being online the entire time. (achievements haven't updated on this site yet either).

Although I didn't plan on pushing through GTASC for long, this definitely impacted me getting eliminated this week.
    This can happen regardless. The 360 OS is emulated so it can go offline independently, always check by pressing Menu + Guide (aka Start + Select).
    Posted on 15 October 19 at 21:58Permalink
    RadiantViper said:
    Johnny Sinister said:

This can happen regardless. The 360 OS is emulated so it can go offline independently, always check by pressing Menu + Guide (aka Start + Select).
    Good to know. I appreciate the info.

Just seemed odd that this is the first BC game that resumed after power cycle and turned out to be the first time my BC game went offline.
    Posted on 13 November 19 at 16:54Permalink
    Updated.
  • Joel78Joel78520,702
    Posted on 26 November 19 at 22:45Permalink
    Just started Ninja Gaiden II and it is resuming.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.