The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox 360 Sale Roundup: October 15th, 2019

  • Osmo76Osmo761,303,784
    Posted on 16 October 19 at 09:09
    Cenosis said:
    The optimistic people in my opinion are the ones that own 250 or 300 games for the 360 and then when they see the weekly sale list and realize it's a combination of games they own and don't want then they act surprised about it. If you own a large chunk of the 360's library and are aware of the games that go on sale routinely then there shouldn't be any shock involved. I understand there is still 360 games they would like to get but if they don't go on sale then they just don't, complaining about it don't change it, in fact it gets a little annoying sometimes.
    TA lists over 2300 Xbox 360 games with achievements, so I wouldn't necessarily call 250-300 games (i.e. 11-13 %) a large chunk. Especially when most of the people own the games that have been GwG and surprisingly those games seem to appear on these sales quite frequently.

    I don't really complain about these sales (my backlog is full enough, thank you) but I do get the point people are making.
  • CenosisCenosis265,412
    Posted on 17 October 19 at 03:27, Edited on 17 October 19 at 06:26 by Cenosis
    Osmo76 said:
    Cenosis said:
    The optimistic people in my opinion are the ones that own 250 or 300 games for the 360 and then when they see the weekly sale list and realize it's a combination of games they own and don't want then they act surprised about it. If you own a large chunk of the 360's library and are aware of the games that go on sale routinely then there shouldn't be any shock involved. I understand there is still 360 games they would like to get but if they don't go on sale then they just don't, complaining about it don't change it, in fact it gets a little annoying sometimes.
    TA lists over 2300 Xbox 360 games with achievements, so I wouldn't necessarily call 250-300 games (i.e. 11-13 %) a large chunk. Especially when most of the people own the games that have been GwG and surprisingly those games seem to appear on these sales quite frequently.

    I don't really complain about these sales (my backlog is full enough, thank you) but I do get the point people are making.
    Yeah I hear ya, I might of fumbled my point a bit. I was trying to explain that there are gamers who benefit from those major sales, i.e. I will benefit more than someone that owns twice as many games as I do. I understand some people will already own about 70% of a given sale and not care about the other 30% or something like that but there are many millions of gamers out there that will potentially enjoy and appreciate the sale.

    Also I didn't necessarily mean a large chuck 100% literally, I meant it in the sense of most gamers that have 250 to 350 games probably already own the best of what is on the system and of the types of games they like to play. For example I don't own any racing or fighting games, movie tie-ins, guitar hero, Kinect, etc.
    Obviously I don't expect people to try and acquire every game that exists on the system but 300 is a pretty respectable chunk of the kinds of games they care about playing. Plus there is nowhere near 2,300 games listed in the marketplace so of course someone shouldn't expect the delisted games to go on sale anyway. I would guess there is as little as 600 and maybe as many as 800 games listed in the 360 marketplace currently.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.