Game Discussion: Gears 5

Latest Update and New Characters

• GrozniaGroznia311,648
    Posted on 16 October 19 at 16:45Permalink
    Hey everyone I downloaded the new patch and it added in a new feature called totems.

Apparently you have to spend 100 scrap to craft a totem for each of the new characters to unlock them. Not only that but then you have to complete 4 different challenges for each one to unlock them. So why is the scrap requirement a thing? Why not just have the challenges available without a scrap cost? warning

Here are more details from TC.

https://www.gears5.com/operation-1-characters

The characters are:

COG GEAR

DEEBEE

General RAAM

WARDEN

Pretty underwhelming if you ask me. The only positive I see is that Cog Gear as generic as he (or she? think you have a choice between genders if the pic is to be believed) may be is that their ultimate is team revive which I can see coming in handy for harder difficulty horde runs.
  • SighrisSighris1,457,987
    Posted on 16 October 19 at 16:59Permalink
    100 scrap really isn’t anything, I’m sitting on bit over 4k
    Moo
  • GrozniaGroznia311,648
    Posted on 16 October 19 at 17:02, Edited on 16 October 19 at 17:04 by GrozniaPermalink
    I'm aware, but I spent all of mine leveling up JD for master runs and only have 100 right now.

I think its a fair complaint. Why when you have to unlock them through challenges should you have to go through that extra step of wasting scrap in the process? I rather use it leveling up horde and escape cards.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle761,471
    Posted on 16 October 19 at 17:09Permalink
    Looks like they also confirmed Operation 1 to not actually be 17 weeks (as shown in-game)? Because it would mean it would last until January, and the second to last paragraph says this:
    Speaking of character skins, we know you’ve been keen to get your hands on the Gears 5 Onyx Guard. In our next Tour of Duty, coming in December with Operation 2, you can earn the Onyx Guard skin for the COG Gear. The wait is almost over Gears fans!
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • Posted on 16 October 19 at 18:21Permalink
    I find it a bit underwhelming like you said as well. I'd rather they fix some of the issues with the game first before rolling out more characters.
  • fireizfireiz364,059
    Posted on 16 October 19 at 18:38, Edited on 16 October 19 at 18:39 by fireizPermalink
    they fixed the idle XP boost guys!
    Have no fear, Amjad is here
  • Posted on 16 October 19 at 18:44Permalink
    What do you mean by "Idle XP boost"? I've heard people mention it, but don't understand what it is.

Thanks for your response.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle761,471
    Posted on 16 October 19 at 18:45Permalink
    fireiz said:
    The Escape one?
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
    Posted on 16 October 19 at 19:45Permalink
    Shinnizle said:
    fireiz said:
    The Escape one?
    There is still a work around to still do it, but TA already deleted my thread I guess I’m not allowed to put it out there...
    Moo
  • InfamousInfamous808,047
    Posted on 16 October 19 at 20:06Permalink
    Does it include an elastic band by any chance? smile
    Posted on 16 October 19 at 20:17Permalink
    Nope
    Moo
  • Posted on 16 October 19 at 21:07, Edited on 16 October 19 at 21:07 by ninjaraiden2003Permalink
    There's a 2nd Terminator character pack up too which is a bit pricey. I'm curious if the Grace character has any Escape/Horde cards like Sarah Connor does. It says in the pack theres a "common" skill card which is just a green score boost so I would assume she does have. The pack doesn't tell you though which is a bit stupid. Interested to know what her skills are at whatever levels they unlock.
  • FoRty9FoRty9348,698
    Posted on 16 October 19 at 21:12Permalink
    ninjaraiden2003 said:
    There's a 2nd Terminator character pack up too which is a bit pricey. I'm curious if the Grace character has any Escape/Horde cards like Sarah Connor does. It says in the pack theres a "common" skill card which is just a green score boost so I would assume she does have. The pack doesn't tell you though which is a bit stupid. Interested to know what her skills are at whatever levels they unlock.
    £16.50 laugh

She'll be overpowered no doubt.
  • Posted on 16 October 19 at 21:23Permalink
    FoRty9 said:
    ninjaraiden2003 said:
    £16.50 laugh

She'll be overpowered no doubt.
    Nah, pretty trash https://www.reddit.com/r/GearsOfWar/comments/div381/grace_fr...
  • Posted on 16 October 19 at 22:07Permalink
    That's a weird set of abilities. Only way I would have spent the money would have been for abilities that benefit Escape Master runs but I can't see how they would. Alot of CQC/Melee stuff which is fairly redudant when you can land the triple melee execution.

Ah well, made my Totem for the COG Gear so I can level that when I've done the challenges and have a play around with those new abilities after farming some cards.
  • Posted on 17 October 19 at 02:13Permalink
    They release this and I go back to not earning any XP for my rank, no XP for my characters, and nothing earned toward any of the totems. Did a 1-50 Horde match, got an error at the results screen and then earned no progression toward anything. It says I have 1 wave completed on Horde for the DeeBee totem.

I have lost so much progress because this game all of the sudden decides to just not register entire matches that I am in. This is the 6th time that an enter Horde match has been a waste of time.

TC can't do anything right. Instead of releasing new characters with challenges, 3 of which can only be used in Versus, maybe they should fix all the issues with their game instead.
  • Cr4ck Sh0t23Cr4ck Sh0t23848,146
    Posted on 17 October 19 at 02:37Permalink
    Anyone else having issues with progress not counting? I've played a couple matches and my tour challenges and rank have not gone up. Also scrap is not counting. I have restarted the game and nothing updated.
  • Runner eGirlRunner eGirl427,784
    Posted on 17 October 19 at 02:59Permalink
    fireiz said:
    how did they fix it? I mean, I wasn't exploiting it, but I was playing on insane and sometimes I just kept moving forward a bit, getting a couple of kills and dying on purpose, I don't see how they would "fix" that? It's legitimate play after all...
    Posted on 17 October 19 at 03:24Permalink
    Runner eGirl said:
    fireiz said:
    how did they fix it? I mean, I wasn't exploiting it, but I was playing on insane and sometimes I just kept moving forward a bit, getting a couple of kills and dying on purpose, I don't see how they would "fix" that? It's legitimate play after all...
    If u idle for 10 min u get kicked.
    Moo
  • Runner eGirlRunner eGirl427,784
    Posted on 17 October 19 at 04:24Permalink

and of course, *that* they fix roll. I'm gonna abuse it now with non-starter characters and to get more cards just to show them lol
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.