Game Discussion: Gears 5

Latest Update and New Characters

  • Posted on 17 October 19 at 07:15Permalink
    I like how they did this.

    You can earn characters by just playing or pay real money to get them immediately.

    TC did a great job, and of course people still complain.. bunch of whiners :)
  • Posted on 17 October 19 at 18:27Permalink
    I really do too. Pay or play system is cool with me. I notice a large amount of players whining no matter what though.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle761,473
    Posted on 17 October 19 at 18:41Permalink
    Ron Jeremy R6 said:
    I like how they did this.

    You can earn characters by just playing or pay real money to get them immediately.

    TC did a great job, and of course people still complain.. bunch of whiners :)
    Actually, no you can't. Because none of the progress is being saved right now. So unless you pay, you CAN'T unlock any of them right now.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • MrFreakzillaMrFreakzilla428,072
    Posted on 17 October 19 at 20:46Permalink
    Wait a minute! I thought TC released the perfect game with absolutely no issues at all? Wow I'm very surprised that XP isn't being rewarded. This has to be the first time this problem came up, or it is the second time, third time? I kind of lost track by now.
  • MercadoMercado211,045
    Posted on 17 October 19 at 23:18Permalink
    All the objectives are easy. The MP round ones can be done quickly in Coop vs AI. The Escape chapters can be easily speedrun. The only time consuming one is the Horde waves one and maybe the XP one. I say maybe because I don't know a good way for that yet.
  • Posted on 18 October 19 at 07:07Permalink
    Shinnizle said:
    Ron Jeremy R6 said:
    I like how they did this.

    You can earn characters by just playing or pay real money to get them immediately.

    TC did a great job, and of course people still complain.. bunch of whiners :)
    Actually, no you can't. Because none of the progress is being saved right now. So unless you pay, you CAN'T unlock any of them right now.
    No problems here.. (EU)
  • Posted on 18 October 19 at 07:07Permalink
    Mercado said:
    All the objectives are easy. The MP round ones can be done quickly in Coop vs AI. The Escape chapters can be easily speedrun. The only time consuming one is the Horde waves one and maybe the XP one. I say maybe because I don't know a good way for that yet.
    The horde ones are fine as I still need to level up basically all my characters..
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz270,294
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 13:21Permalink
    MrFreakzilla said:
    Wait a minute! I thought TC released the perfect game with absolutely no issues at all? Wow I'm very surprised that XP isn't being rewarded. This has to be the first time this problem came up, or it is the second time, third time? I kind of lost track by now.
    Lol. You sarcastic b****rd
  • Aura BattlerAura Battler604,331
    Posted on 20 October 19 at 02:11, Edited on 20 October 19 at 02:57 by Aura BattlerPermalink
    I think it's fair enough to earn new characters. You can earn it by doing challenges. It's not that difficult, just spend a few hours to do it. Of course only if you know how to finish it quickly.

    For general challenges for 4 characters:
    XP: Earn 60,000 XP in Versus, Horde or Escape
    - play insane / inconceivable Escape Surge speed run, you can earn a lot of XP even you keep fail
    XP: Versus: Complete 40 Rounds of Versus
    - play beginner dodgeball in vs AI, 4 rounds per match, around 30 secs per round
    XP: Horde: Survive 50 Waves of Horde (does not need to be in one match) - any difficulty
    - you can play this challenge with Terminator challenge event together in beginner mode, real quick per match
    XP: Escape: Survive 18 Acts of Escape - any difficulty
    - play Escape Surge speedrun with a good team, you can earn this one really quick, and can level up your Escape character quick too (I do this one with new COG solider)

    For RAAM challenge, if you already did GOW4 RAAM challenge, and obtained the gilded RAAM already, you would automatically obtain the normal RAAM in GOW5, no need to use 100 scarps or 500 irons to buy it.

    If someone find some other ways that is much better, please let us know, Hope it helps! smile
  • wes coasnwes coasn448,393
    Posted on 21 October 19 at 00:32Permalink
    I’m having trouble with the COG Totem. I purchased the hero with Iron but it still doesn’t show that it was unlocked. Furthermore, I’m only getting progress for Escape and For the Cog challenges since I’m only playing escape. Nothing for 60K XP is being recorded.

    I also can’t select the character for escape even though it says available to play.
  • MercadoMercado211,045
    Posted on 21 October 19 at 21:34Permalink
    wes coasn said:
    I’m having trouble with the COG Totem. I purchased the hero with Iron but it still doesn’t show that it was unlocked. Furthermore, I’m only getting progress for Escape and For the Cog challenges since I’m only playing escape. Nothing for 60K XP is being recorded.

    I also can’t select the character for escape even though it says available to play.
    https://support.gearsofwar.com/hc/en-us
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.