Game Discussion: Stranded Sails: Explorers of the Cursed Islands

Warning Game Bug

• Posted on 17 October 19 at 09:56Permalink
    Hi,
    I started playing this game today. It‘s a pretty nice game. After rescuing Fritz from an island, my game freezes and put me back to dashboard. I loaded the Game and was back at my last point...but lost EVERYTHING!! All tools, all seeds, all huts I build has been removed, my garden was empty and all people (except Fritz) are disappeared! I had two manual saves, but with the same result! I‘m so angry. Everytime you find a Game that makes fun, you spend money for it and get a not good completed game full of bugs that distroyed everything. I hope they will patch this and I don‘t have to restart everything.
    Hope you will not have the same problem
  • AceAce312,961
    Posted on 17 October 19 at 10:56Permalink
    There are definitely a few bugs, I had one stall me earlier but it was fixed by relaunching the game. Hadn't experienced this one myself. Be sure to bug report it, they have a link to their bug submission on their twitter.
  • Posted on 17 October 19 at 11:18Permalink
    Yeah I did it and got already an answer:

Hi SworB,

I am really sorry to hear you've had this issue, thank you for the feedback.

We have discovered the reason for the issue and working on a patch straight away.

If you do discover anything else please let us know.
  • x Mataeus xx Mataeus x904,272
    Posted on 17 October 19 at 17:14Permalink
    Thanks for the heads up! This is in my cart. I'll wait until that shit is patched. I miss the days of testing and releasing properly working games...
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • AceAce312,961
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 01:45, Edited on 18 October 19 at 01:47 by AcePermalink
    The devs released this PSA on their discord today:

We Are Investigating An Issue Potentially Causing Corruption Of Save Game Files

Hey adventurers! We hope you are enjoying Stranded Sails so far!

Please bear with us by reading the following statement regarding a potentially game breaking issue. We are currently investigating an issue affecting the save game mechanic, which can cause your save game files to become corrupted.

As far as we know at this point, it is possible for the animated save game icon (the writing quill sometimes appearing in the bottom right corner of your screen) to become stuck. We are positive that, once this happens, the game will no longer save properly. If you observe this behaviour in your game DO NOT LOAD YOUR SAVE FILE OR SAVE MANUALLY. Instead, close the game without manually saving, and restart it.

As we have not yet been able to fully identify the issue that may cause the save game corruption, please avoid saving manually and especially avoid overwriting an existing save game file with a manual save.

Please don’t be irritated with an inaccurate playtime display within your save game file. It is possible that the time is not correctly displayed, although this should only be a visual bug.

We are really sorry if this issue has caused you any inconvenience. We ensure you that we are doing our best to identify and fix these issues as soon as possible!
    Sounds like it could be what happened, unfortunately if it is this bug I don't think they can recover the data.
  • AceAce312,961
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 15:10Permalink
    Another update from the developers on this.

The savegame-bug should now be fixed! (Steam/gog)

After the release of Stranded Sails, many player encountered a problem, that corrupted their savegame after saving their progress manually.
    Thank you for voicing out the issue! We worked on a fix ASAP and we were able to identify the issue and it should be fixed with the most recent update.

You should now able to save manually and load your savegame without the risk of corrupting your savegame. However, you have to start a new game if your savegame has been corrupted previously. We are really sorry for any inconvenience but once you updated the game, the bug should be gone for good.
    The update isn't live for consoles yet but at least this will hopefully fix the issues. Sadly they are unable to fix corrupted save files but you could restart now and just not manually save at any time.
  • Posted on 20 October 19 at 19:39, Edited on 20 October 19 at 19:41 by Singularity69Permalink
    I only started Stranded Sails today, 20th October, but there are still save issues. I have located Cecille, built her hut and progressed to acquiring a weapon, only to find that the save file is not recording these facts. Plus, a number of inventory items, mostly harvested vegetables and created meals, have disappeared from both my growing fields and backpack.

It doesn't help that the load/save menu is really awful. Pausing and then 'continuing' actually loads a save. I did this accidentally a couple of times before realising what was going on. Really poor design.
  • AceAce312,961
    Posted on 20 October 19 at 19:45, Edited on 21 October 19 at 06:23 by AcePermalink
    Singularity69 said:
    I only started Stranded Sails today, 20th October, but there are still save issues. I have located Cecille, built her hut and progressed to acquiring a weapon, only to find that the save file is not recording these facts. Plus, a number of inventory items, mostly harvested vegetables and created meals, have disappeared from both my growing fields and backpack.

It doesn't help that the load/save menu is really awful. Pausing and then 'continuing' actually loads a save. I did this accidentally a couple of times before realising what was going on. Really poor design.
    As my post states the save bug hasn't been patched on consoles and if you read the devs posts they say very explicitly to not do a manual save as this is what is corrupting save files. The patch cannot be deployed on weekends due to Microsoft's certification team not working weekends so the earliest the patch will be released will be tomorrow. If you want more direct info you can join their discord where I am pulling these posts from.
  • LucaBS1980ITLucaBS1980IT1,194,542
    Posted on 25 October 19 at 07:11Permalink
    Today, my save corrupt roll
  • ManTheFalconManTheFalcon317,220
    Posted on 25 October 19 at 12:11Permalink
    Update is out now. 737MB
  • Posted on 25 October 19 at 16:07, Edited on 25 October 19 at 16:31 by xX SworB XxPermalink
    I‘m starting to hate this game!!!
    I downloaded the update (patch?) started a new game, rushed to the place where my game crashed! Rescued Fritz, jumped back into the boat...then the screen started to turn yellow/green!!!
    Game crashed, my save file too...everything is lost again!

Nice Job
  • Posted on 08 November 19 at 08:03Permalink
    A new patch came out a few days ago. Does anybody still playing this game? Is it working now? I don‘t want to restart a game and losing everything again :(
  • Posted on 11 November 19 at 12:46Permalink
    I've been playing it the last few days. Haven't tested manual saves yet, but it seems to work right now. I have reloaded my save game a few times already, no issues so far.

Btw, for games like that i tend to toggle online/offline occasionally to use the cloud as 'backup'. If the game crashes and the save becomes corrupt while you're playing offline, you can just delete the local save, go online, get the cloud version and go offline again. It's not perfect, but you can prevent a total loss at the very least if done consequently.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.