Game Discussion: Gears 5

Method for idling XP in Escape

• Posted on 17 October 19 at 10:29Permalink
    A few days go, a member on TA, Sighris, posted a method for idling XP in Escape. The post has since been deleted for some reason, presumably by the user himself. The method still works perfectly for idling XP. You have to get the safe room on Inconceivable difficulty. After that you simply go afk in the safe room and you will get XP based on time played. The catch is that the other two players have to leave the game. If they extract successfully you have to start another match. I find that it works best on maps where it's easy to get to the first safe room, but not so easy to extract. The Hive is perfect because 90% of groups can't make it past the final room on Inconceivable even with a group of 3. Just idle and they will leave eventually. I've gotten it to work with Mac and Emile, but it should work with any other character. Some groups are so bad they can't even make it to the first safe room but with Mac and Emile, I can carry most groups because of the OP cards those characters have.
  • ihaze reaperihaze reaper218,236
    Posted on 17 October 19 at 11:04Permalink
    This has now been patched for idling after 20 mins I think
    I haze reaper
  • Posted on 17 October 19 at 15:01Permalink
    Yeah, TC patched this. If you idle longer than 10 minutes it kicks you from the game. You could still do this method, you just can't idle, you're going to have to be present to move your controller and fire a few bullets every few minutes to make it seem like you're actively playing.
  • skjoldrskjoldr532,659
    Posted on 17 October 19 at 15:34Permalink
    Is not correct for other player to use them for your purpose anyway, just do it with friends or 3 controller but don t waste people time,
  • Posted on 17 October 19 at 15:48Permalink
    DrSchlepenstein said:
    Yeah, TC patched this. If you idle longer than 10 minutes it kicks you from the game. You could still do this method, you just can't idle, you're going to have to be present to move your controller and fire a few bullets every few minutes to make it seem like you're actively playing.
    Or just rubberband your controller..
  • Oriole2682Oriole26822,214,757
    Posted on 17 October 19 at 20:27Permalink
    So you guys are sure you get XP for idling, did I not get XP because I got idle kicked?
  • AlephAleph235,289
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 05:38Permalink
    There's supposedly still a way to idle without being kicked. Does anyone know what the black screen with the disconnect symbols means and how to get rid of it? It lastslonger the longer the match has been going on and really reduces the amount of xp.
  • Oriole2682Oriole26822,214,757
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 13:33Permalink
    No way to,fix it other than starting a new lobby
  • BabyishDuckBabyishDuck381,280
    Posted on 19 October 19 at 09:06Permalink
    I've been leaving it on the past few nights with the controller rubber banded and plugged in. I've had no problems idling. The lags seems to be when your idling with other people. Eventually everyone just leaves and I'm just by myself.
  • InfamousInfamous809,250
    Posted on 19 October 19 at 12:22Permalink
    Not having any issues idling with the rubber band method but one thing I'm noticing is the amount of xp I get each night is very random, sometimes I get 100k+ other times it's only 10-15k and I've had a few instances where I don't get xp at all.. Just seems completely random.

For the rubber banding what might be working for me is I position the sticks so I'm walking in small circles as opposed to spinning on the spot, I haven't been idle kicked once yet.
  • FoRty9FoRty9348,644
    Posted on 19 October 19 at 12:46, Edited on 19 October 19 at 12:47 by FoRty9Permalink
    Do we think The Coalition will take action on people doing this? it's just I have a bunch of clips of people doing this in public lobbies and I'd be absolutely delighted to see them get banned for it.
  • jonnyyyjonnyyy1,086,026
    Posted on 19 October 19 at 14:19Permalink
    Everyone doing it now ,look yourself ! Can they really ban half the players ?
    Cant even find ranked koth anymore !
  • fireizfireiz364,064
    Posted on 19 October 19 at 14:45Permalink
    if TC found out half or more players are using this method to re-ups then they will definitely punish us with re-up to 50 in seriously chapter 2
    Have no fear, Amjad is here
  • Posted on 19 October 19 at 23:10Permalink
    fireiz said:
    if TC found out half or more players are using this method to re-ups then they will definitely punish us with re-up to 50 in seriously chapter 2
    They already gave us a Re-Up requirement of 20, what makes you think 50 is not already a part of Seriously Chapter 2? It's TC, they do everything and anything to make the game even more of a grind than it needs to be.
  • shelbygt5252shelbygt5252725,902
    Posted on 19 October 19 at 23:25Permalink
    Can you please not do this in public. It is really frustrating when I want to play some quick escape and half the matches have people idling after the first safe room.
  • Aura BattlerAura Battler604,330
    Posted on 20 October 19 at 02:26, Edited on 20 October 19 at 09:53 by Aura BattlerPermalink
    Think about it, if you do this in public, I think other players would report you, common sense.
  • Posted on 20 October 19 at 03:52Permalink
    Does this not work if you host your own game and go at it solo?
  • Posted on 20 October 19 at 19:17Permalink
    If you do it hosting your own game you have to press a button to restart when you die.

Which means you aren’t idling then.

Plus it’s a lot harder to get to a safe room solo.

But yeah, you can do it solo hosting your own game if you can get to a safe room and don’t mind manually restarting every time the venom kills you.
    https://philthebearblog.wordpress.com/
  • UTDerk23UTDerk23561,633
    Posted on 22 October 19 at 12:40Permalink
    If you have a means of being able to turbo the A button you'd be able to host and idle.
  • Posted on 22 October 19 at 15:33Permalink
    jonnyyy said:
    Everyone doing it now ,look yourself ! Can they really ban half the players ?
    Cant even find ranked koth anymore !
    i was just playing ranked koth last night
    Please excuse my typos I'm typing on my ducking phone.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.