Game Discussion: Saints Row IV: Re-Elected (Win 10)

A blatant lie

• Vitiated1Vitiated11,262,944
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 06:49Permalink
    This is NOT Saints Row IV: Re-Elected now available on Windows 10. This is a straight port from the Xbox 360 version. You're being sold a 6 year old game for $20. If they had ported the actual Re-elected version (with better framerate, graphics, and overall polish) the Saintified achievement wouldn't be broken either. I have filed a BBB complaint against the publisher Deep Silver for false advertisement and suggest everyone else does the same. The shoddy nature of these PC ports is disgusting.
  • x Mataeus xx Mataeus x903,501
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 07:40Permalink
    That's fucking despicable
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • K4rn4geK4rn4ge1,573,751
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 08:17Permalink
    Wow that is disgusting from the company. You should also make a petition to get the unobtainable achievement fixed and hopefully BBB can take action about both of these issues.
    Follow me on these for gameplay, giveaways and more! http://www.twitch.tv/karnage http://www.youtube.com/k4rn4ge http://www.twitter.com/k4rn4ge
  • TangerineGamerTangerineGamer1,058,317
  • Posted on 18 October 19 at 09:41Permalink
    What a joke
  • LuucLuuc370,186
  • napoearthnapoearth655,873
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 16:56Permalink
    Wow! What an absolute crock of shit. I had this series at 100% and now that is impossible. Fuck Deep Silver.
    I like Texas 'cause Texas is the only state ballsy enough to have its own toast. - Mitch Hedberg
  • K4rn4geK4rn4ge1,573,751
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 18:38Permalink
    I made a tweet with my AchieveUpdates account in hopes of the community working together to get these issues fixed. Please RT / share / comment and let's get this resolved!

https://twitter.com/AchieveUpdates/status/118525839702280602...
    Follow me on these for gameplay, giveaways and more! http://www.twitch.tv/karnage http://www.youtube.com/k4rn4ge http://www.twitter.com/k4rn4ge
  • Posted on 18 October 19 at 20:37Permalink
    Wow, talk about the laziest port out there. Why didn't they just port the more recent version? UGLY.
    Hola
  • DarkDullahanDarkDullahan104,001 104,001 GamerScore
    Posted on 19 October 19 at 01:56, Edited on 19 October 19 at 01:57 by DarkDullahanPermalink
    Vitiated1 said:
    This is NOT Saints Row IV: Re-Elected now available on Windows 10. This is a straight port from the Xbox 360 version. You're being sold a 6 year old game for $20. If they had ported the actual Re-elected version (with better framerate, graphics, and overall polish) the Saintified achievement wouldn't be broken either. I have filed a BBB complaint against the publisher Deep Silver for false advertisement and suggest everyone else does the same. The shoddy nature of these PC ports is disgusting.
    Technically it's the Steam version's achievement scripts on the Xbox One version of the game. But Yes. TangerineGamer said:It's also possible the ambiguity of the question confused the person handling the twitter for it, as they're never directly related to the development. And that very question's been asked to them regarding the PS3/360/Steam versions of the games numerous times. All we can do is wait and see.

I have a right to be as upset as anyone here since I've already 100%'d everything else in the game except for this:
    Saints Row IV: Re-Elected (Win 10)SaintifiedThe Saintified achievement in Saints Row IV: Re-Elected (Win 10) worth 10 pointsCreate and share a character online.

...but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for a few days.
  • Rossco7530Rossco75301,218,410
    Posted on 19 October 19 at 12:22, Edited on 19 October 19 at 12:51 by Rossco7530Permalink
    Luuc said:
    Let's get out those pitchforks.
    I have no affiliation with it, but get on board Achievement Updates on twitter - @AchieveUpdates

They do all the hard work and shout out to the devs/publishers - you just need to support them.

One of their most recent tweets is about SR - shouldn't be too hard to find.

EDIT: Reading is hard... facepalm
    Support @AchieveUpdates on Twitter if you hate unobtainables!
    Posted on 19 October 19 at 12:39, Edited on 19 October 19 at 12:39 by TangerineGamerPermalink
    Rossco7530 said:
    Luuc said:
    Let's get out those pitchforks.
    I have no affiliation with it, but get on board Achievement Updates on twitter - @AchieveUpdates

They do all the hard work and shout out to the devs/publishers - you just need to support them.

One of their most recent tweets is about SR - shouldn't be too hard to find.
    Literally three posts above yours...

K4rn4ge said:
    I made a tweet with my AchieveUpdates account in hopes of the community working together to get these issues fixed. Please RT / share / comment and let's get this resolved!

https://twitter.com/AchieveUpdates/status/118525839702280602...
    Yours sincerely, TG
  • Posted on 19 October 19 at 17:44Permalink
    I was, at the time, a bit upset that I missed the SRIV (AU) Saintified achievement, as it meant I'd never be able to complete the series in its entirety eventually.

I'm now considerably less upset.

However, I don't think it's quite false advertising. On Steam, you can buy the same thing for the same price under the "Game of the Century" bundle. Keep in mind, Re-Elected was the name of the Xbox One and PS4 version for its minor on-gen upgrades and inclusion of all DLC - it was never on PC.

This still means, however, that many morons' moronic moroning led to a mis-title and a launch with a guaranteed forever broken achievement / game function. To have a server shut down is one thing but I can't think of many instances where a game title launches with a server function already shut down. A beyond low-effort cash grab, at best, accomplished through only the finest infallible laziness.
    I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
  • Marx0rMarx0r596,706
    Posted on 19 October 19 at 19:31, Edited on 19 October 19 at 19:34 by Marx0rPermalink
    CodeMonkeysGuy said:
    To have a server shut down is one thing but I can't think of many instances where a game title launches with a server function already shut down.
    The only thing that comes to mind is Mass Effect 2 JP launching with DLC that never got released.
    Same as it ever was.
  • Posted on 19 October 19 at 19:47Permalink
    Marx0r said:
    CodeMonkeysGuy said:
    To have a server shut down is one thing but I can't think of many instances where a game title launches with a server function already shut down.
    The only thing that comes to mind is Mass Effect 2 JP launching with DLC that never got released.
    hellboy is also one
    Posted on 19 October 19 at 21:25Permalink
    CodeMonkeysGuy said:
    However, I don't think it's quite false advertising. On Steam, you can buy the same thing for the same price under the "Game of the Century" bundle. Keep in mind, Re-Elected was the name of the Xbox One and PS4 version for its minor on-gen upgrades and inclusion of all DLC - it was never on PC.
    False advertising might be a slight stretch, but it is definitely misleading whether it was intended to be or not.

As you say they have basically ported the version that is available on Steam over to Windows 10, they should have just called it the Game of the Century Edition as it is on Steam, which is just there way of saying it's a GOTY version of the original game.

Giving it the Re-elected tag line implies that it is the "next gen" remastered version that has been released previously, so they have misrepresented the product. Again, this may have been an unintentional oversight on their end, however it can also look like they did it purposely to make consumers believe it was the updated version.

Finally, the price for the Game of the Century Edition on Steam and GOG is £14.99 and I know that the Re-Elected version for XB1 is only £15.99 but having this Win 10 version priced at £19.99 again may lead consumers to believe that it is the more updated Re-Elected version of the game.
    Yours sincerely, TG
  • Posted on 19 October 19 at 22:13Permalink
    TangerineGamer said:
    Finally, the price for the Game of the Century Edition on Steam and GOG is £14.99 and I know that the Re-Elected version for XB1 is only £15.99 but having this Win 10 version priced at £19.99 again may lead consumers to believe that it is the more updated Re-Elected version of the game.
    Well, that's still probably less malice and more stupidity/laziness. Rather than converting by region to get a comparable price as one generally does, they probably just carried over the USD 19.99 that this version costs into the same value for euros. But that one, I can't prove - I just know it happens often enough to note it as "worth considering".

Either way, this version reeks from all sides.
    I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
    Posted on 19 October 19 at 22:59Permalink
    CodeMonkeysGuy said:
    Either way, this version reeks from all sides.
    Agreed

Also I know what you mean about the pricing, I agree it's probably not malice but it is another thing that reinforces the idea that they just threw this out with next to no consideration
    Yours sincerely, TG
  • HealttiHealtti1,929,434
    Posted on 20 October 19 at 03:36Permalink
    The blase response from their twitter account might ultimately play into our hands. Quite a few people fired back and showed that their customers care, which I was glad to see.

I dropped them a support ticket. Consider doing the same.
    "We aren't planning on doing anything about it." - Bethesda Support North America
  • Outlawed TornOutlawed Torn1,339,285
    Posted on 21 October 19 at 17:51Permalink
    This is the first XBL Win10 game for me where the save progress doesn't transfer between PCs. Loaded up the game on my laptop and the game never synced after logging in and there are no game saves.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.