Industry News

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Xbox Game Pass Subscribers Playing 40% More Games — Including Titles Outside the Service

• CanezzaCanezza16,800
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 15:14Permalink
    The influence of Xbox Game Pass continues to grow.

Please click here to read the story: Xbox Game Pass Subscribers Playing 40% More Games — Including Titles Outside the Service
    Poll: Have you been playing games you wouldn't usually pick up thanks to Game Pass?
  • 51.2% - Yes (Let us know in the comments your favourite Game Pass titles you wouldn't have usually played)
  • 25.8% - Yes, but only for the achievements
  • 13.3% - I don't have an Xbox Game Pass subscription
  • 9.8% - No - I stick mainly to the same games/genres that I know I like in Game Pass

• We had 2,663 responses to the poll.
    You must log in to vote on this poll
  • MAOraNzaMAOraNza356,336
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 15:21Permalink
    "A way out", for example.
    MAOraNza AKBAR!
  • Ludio NomenLudio Nomen118,814
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 15:21Permalink
    I actually played the Metro games earlier this year because they were on Gamepass. I had seen them a few times and heard some good things about them, but never felt driven to actually buy them. However they turned out to be extremely enjoyable, and I think they have genuinely become some of my favourite games.
  • MiTz75MiTz7523,893
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 15:22Permalink
    Have played quite a few games, mainly to check out a title that I didn’t know if I would like or not. My favourite GP title that I didn’t expect to like is Void Bastards. Irritating addictive!
  • Posted on 18 October 19 at 15:23Permalink
    My friends and I started Sea of Thieves and World War Z, games we would not have typically spent money on because (in the case of SoT) bad reviews or (in the case of WWZ) lack of interest.
  • HMCascadeHMCascade115,586
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 15:26Permalink
    Generally for me the game pass acts a nice cycle of games can play as a once through and then once it phases out the pass if I decide I want it in the collection I'll buy it when next on sale.
  • Guirec730Guirec730299,460
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 15:27Permalink
    When I had it I tried some new stuff, but not enough reason for ke to pay 15 a month with my backlog of owned games this huge...
    State of the badass art.
  • Posted on 18 October 19 at 15:31Permalink
    Graveyard keeper was a gem for me, I would never have played it without Gamepass. Gamepass is the best thing created for games since the start of Xbox Live, i'm excited for the future Gamepass will bring.
    It's the only truly positive thing in gaming atm with all the talk about MTs, battle passes, loot boxes and the dominance of the F2P model and whatever else you can think of, it's a good job we have Gamepass.
  • LiquidAgLiquidAg218,524
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 15:31Permalink
    MiTz75 said:
    Have played quite a few games, mainly to check out a title that I didn’t know if I would like or not. My favourite GP title that I didn’t expect to like is Void Bastards. Irritating addictive!
    Same! Void Bastards sounded interesting, but I wouldn't have bought it at launch, and then I probably would have forgotten about it. But playing it on GamePass was a real treat! I don't generally like Rogue-like games, but VB does it so well.

BlinkFandangoII said:
    My friends and I started Sea of Thieves and World War Z, games we would not have typically spent money on because (in the case of SoT) bad reviews or (in the case of WWZ) lack of interest.
    I also wouldn't have played Sea of Thieves if it weren't for GamePass.
    "I have a bad feeling about this..."
  • shadowhiveshadowhive83,342
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 15:31Permalink
    Gears 5 is one of the main ones I’d not have played otherwise, since I’d not played the other gears games. Forza a Horizon is another one I played recently that I enjoyed more than I expected, I try and go on whatever games that have quests for them too. I find it useful that I don’t have to switch discs for Elder Scrolls Online too.
  • Posted on 18 October 19 at 15:36Permalink
    Thief of Thieves so far...
  • Posted on 18 October 19 at 15:37Permalink
    Hue, Graveyard Keeper, Dead Cells. I've played far more Indie titles than i ever have before.

Also going to get into World War Z as have heard good things
    [URL=https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/Killer+Welshman][IMG]https://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/Killer+Welshman.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • APOPHIS1989APOPHIS1989363,263
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 15:38Permalink
    The list of games I wouldnt have normally played are almost endless. The one that sticks out the most is Aven Colony, I played it to completion! The most recent were Blair Witch and Shantae.
  • Posted on 18 October 19 at 15:40Permalink
    Outer Wilds is easily GotY and I would have missed it completely if it hadn't been for Game Pass.
  • SeitzzSeitzz682,542
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 15:40Permalink
    Quite a few for me over the past year+ or so. Would've never played The Escapists games, which I really enjoyed. Wargroove was very fun. Supermarket Shriek, GoNNER, and Bad North are a few others I also really liked.
  • Dakrkplayer2Dakrkplayer2775,444
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 15:47Permalink
    Yes and I too many to put on here.
    XBOX 4 LIFE
  • St3phosaurusSt3phosaurus126,334
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 15:48Permalink
    I've checked out way more indie games thanks to game pass. Moonlighter for one - can't stop playing!
  • Rista BRista B405,516
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 15:48Permalink
    Cities Skyline, tried a little bit of Stellaris, Observer, several indie titles that I probably would've never have gotten around to if they hadn't been on GP. Hellblade was impressive.
    Remember Philando Castile, a fellow gamer, a human being, Rest in Peace
  • Dyet1300Dyet1300451,762
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 15:52Permalink
    My priority is playing the games for achievements, but I do get the bonus of playing new things I wouldn't without access to the service.

Excited for The Outer Worlds though!
  • Posted on 18 October 19 at 15:54Permalink
    Really enjoying Creature in the Well. Ashes Cricket was another one I played recently and managed to get full 1000G in.
    Going for gamerscore. iiAssassinXxii
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.