Game Discussion: Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Editions

What character are you running?

• ArkzeinArkzein278,109
    Posted on 18 October 19 at 15:21, Edited on 18 October 19 at 15:29 by ArkzeinPermalink
    Just curious what everyone is opting for? Picking your PC / party is a big part of the replay value / fun after all, hard to have a chat about BG without it. Anyone actually playing through the series for the first time?

It's been years since I last played, spent eons of playing around with builds and fun runs. Toyed with the idea of a fallen Paladin, or something built around slings this time. Instead I've, due mostly to Legacy of Bhaal, gone back to make the most broken, twinked-out powerhouse I can using a vanilla 6 person 'good' party for flavour, to just chunk things and laugh. Even re-rolling stats and the old style tome runs (pre-shadowkeeper!) was nostalgic.

Berserker(13)>Mage, Flails, Dual Wield (Flail of Ages / Belm)

Here he is ready to start off at Candlekeep:

https://www.trueachievements.com/gamescreenshot.aspx?gsid=20...

Aim to clear achievements on the first run and have him pumped to make Legacy of Bhaal a bit more palatable. With that out of the way then going back for something more interesting on an evil PC. Might do an evil version of my first ever Char, vanilla fighter with average stats and borked proficiencies all over the place. (hence thinking fallen Paladin to make it a bit more interesting, it's effectively this).
  • CATFISH504CATFISH504585,833
    Posted on 19 October 19 at 00:37Permalink
    I am running evil Dwarven Defender. Probably should of went with a Shadowdancer, since you cant find a great evil thief but eh. Replay value right
    ~~CATFISH504
  • MajinFroMajinFro1,226,723
    Posted on 20 October 19 at 05:02Permalink
    Chaotic Good Half-Orc Beserker proficiency in dual wield schimters. I had to donate to get that rep back up after slaughtering Drizzt for his weapons.
  • ArkzeinArkzein278,109
    Posted on 20 October 19 at 07:27Permalink
    DD with stance and easthaven should be pretty epic though.

Ha pretty similar Berserker, probably the strongest you can get in BG1 going that way. I've just let Drizzt wander on his merry way this time as I don't plan to use them in BG2 on my PC.
  • Posted on 20 October 19 at 18:45Permalink
    Chaotic good Wild Mage.

With this and the Bards Tale Trilogy I’m in old school RPG heaven lately. Good fun rediscovering how unforgiving games used to be.
  • Dragoner28Dragoner28960,132
    Posted on 21 October 19 at 20:54, Edited on 21 October 19 at 20:54 by Dragoner28Permalink
    This time I am playing as Berserker single class.
    Played the games as child several times trough.
    Did it in the past as rogue, warrior and conjurer and wild mage. Mage classes was the most fun with aoe spells 🙂
    I also love icewind dale
  • NumptyDrizztNumptyDrizzt136,094
    Posted on 22 October 19 at 11:52Permalink
    Human Ranger
  • Posted on 22 October 19 at 16:14Permalink
    Rockin' it properly old skool with the classic Elven F/M multi-class.

This is bringing back some really good gaming memories from 20 years back.....
  • NShepherd N7NShepherd N7594,523
    Posted on 22 October 19 at 20:16Permalink
    I was originally gonna play a Cleric, my favorite class in almost all D&D iterations, but I happened to roll a 18/00 Strength so I decided to go pure Fighter and crush everything with a Greatsword.
  • missionBoomissionBoo589,245
    Posted on 23 October 19 at 13:58Permalink
    Lurking Lawyer said:
    Rockin' it properly old skool with the classic Elven F/M multi-class.

This is bringing back some really good gaming memories from 20 years back.....
    same here!
  • Posted on 23 October 19 at 17:56Permalink
    Gone with a straight human fighter, no quirks, but it does seem easier than on PC. Hidden items are easier to find due to snap-on ground item highlighting and the fighting seems easier...
  • Snoop QCSnoop QC283,807
    Posted on 26 October 19 at 05:43Permalink
    Going pure human fighter frontline tank... with Minsk!
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,321,497
    Posted on 02 November 19 at 23:14Permalink
    NShepherd N7 said:
    I was originally gonna play a Cleric, my favorite class in almost all D&D iterations, but I happened to roll a 18/00 Strength so I decided to go pure Fighter and crush everything with a Greatsword.
    I did the same.

Rolled a 99, with 18/99 str. So I went fighter.

However, I went bastard sword proficiency. I might put a point in 2h, drop the shield and 2h the bastard sword.

Would that work? Or would I have to use a 2h sword.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.