Site Help

Got something you don't understand? Need to know how something works? Ask here and we'll do our best to help you

How do we report incorrect unobtainable acheivements ?

• Posted on 18 October 19 at 23:18Permalink
    I have noticed that the In the Spotlight achievement for Forza Motorsport 6: Apex (Win 10) has been incorrectly marked as unobtainable: it is partially obtainable since if you already own the DLC for the game prior to delisting then you are given permanent spotlight events stored locally.

How do you report this sort of thing and get it changed ?
  • Posted on 18 October 19 at 23:29Permalink
    It actually isn’t marked as unobtainable (which is a specific classification), but rather it is marked as discontinued. Based on it being delisted, it appears to be the proper classification. It is good that you were able to snag the dlc prior, but the tag is more directed for the general audience.

There is a different tag, partially discontinued, but even those seem to have a more publicly available means at a workaround.

I suppose you can lobby for it to be reclassed as ‘partially discontinued’.

I believe you need to track down a member of the ‘game information team’
  • Posted on 18 October 19 at 23:32, Edited on 18 October 19 at 23:32 by LV 1 Blue SlimePermalink
    Go to the game's page. Under the game's picture is a blue "game" button. Click it and select "submit game information". Then you can basically just copy and paste your explanation from here.
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
  • Posted on 18 October 19 at 23:37Permalink
    Johnny Sinister said:
    It actually isn’t marked as unobtainable (which is a specific classification), but rather it is marked as discontinued. Based on it being delisted, it appears to be the proper classification. It is good that you were able to snag the dlc prior, but the tag is more directed for the general audience.

There is a different tag, partially discontinued, but even those seem to have a more publicly available means at a workaround.

I suppose you can lobby for it to be reclassed as ‘partially discontinued’.

I believe you need to track down a member of the ‘game information team’
    Aaaaaaaaah I see what you're saying. Maybe it just needs to have one of those boxes on top where it gives further information like "this can only be obtained if you own the DLC"

I think I bought it up because I freaked out for a minute when I first saw it because I completely forgot about the DLC spotlight events !

Thanks for your help.
  • Posted on 18 October 19 at 23:38Permalink
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    Go to the game's page. Under the game's picture is a blue "game" button. Click it and select "submit game information". Then you can basically just copy and paste your explanation from here.
    Ok I will try that thank you.
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,190,108
    Posted on 19 October 19 at 15:53Permalink
    flags are not in any way supposed to be based upon availability of content. So the DLC being delisted should have no bearing on the flags whatsoever.
  • Posted on 19 October 19 at 16:44Permalink
    From what you’re saying it should be flagged as Partly Discontinued just like how the 1000 Club Expansion Pack DLC achievements in Forza Horizon are handled. The car packs can no longer be downloaded so anyone who hadn’t previously downloaded them would no longer be able to obtain those achievements, and vice versa. So there are rare occasions of flags being based on availability of content.
  • AhayzoAhayzo553,359
    Posted on 19 October 19 at 23:02Permalink
    TheMaize said:
    flags are not in any way supposed to be based upon availability of content. So the DLC being delisted should have no bearing on the flags whatsoever.
    I've been trying to make that point for quite a while with Rock Band 3, but kept getting told it was how it was with no real acknowledgement that the flag description didn't apply.
    #mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
  • Posted on 19 October 19 at 23:38Permalink
    Ahayzo said:
    TheMaize said:
    I've been trying to make that point for quite a while with Rock Band 3, but kept getting told it was how it was with no real acknowledgement that the flag description didn't apply.
    You mean for Vesuvius? I addressed that for you a while back.
    Rock Band 3Fistful of AwesomeThe Fistful of Awesome achievement in Rock Band 3 worth 17 pointsBeat 5 downloaded songs.

PDU (Partly Discontinued/Unobtainable) would be correct, as Discontinued means that you're completely locked out with no recourse. Please submit the flag so we can address it.
  • AhayzoAhayzo553,359
    Posted on 19 October 19 at 23:47Permalink
    I'm not sure I understand what that Fistful of Awesome achievement is supposed to be linked for.

PDU would not be correct here, because just like with Rock Band 3 delisted DLC is not part of the PDU flag. If that changes, fine, but until then flags need to stop being put on achievements that don't fit the description.
    #mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.