Game Discussion: Gears 5

Tips for Master Horde?

• I Ebon Hawk II Ebon Hawk I1,363,117
    Posted on 19 October 19 at 12:01Permalink
    I have been trying to clear Horde maps on Master using the method where you start on wave 50. I have managed to do it on only two maps (Asylum and Harbor) which seem to be two of the easier maps. On other maps, the group just gets overwhelmed early on in the wave. Is there a specific strategy regarding what to build and what characters and cards should be used? I am assuming that Del, JD, Kait and Jack are essential and the last person should be another JD or Kait.
  • LORDSONGOKULORDSONGOKU270,300
    Posted on 19 October 19 at 17:25Permalink
    there is a glitch of invincible barriers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSg5l2ihqLE

Buy and upgrade the barriers to lvl 3 then put them inside each other.
    That trick could help on terminator horde event on master.
  • Posted on 19 October 19 at 18:05Permalink
    terminator wont work for seriously progression though will it?
  • Posted on 19 October 19 at 20:46Permalink
    The Master maps in horde required for Seriously are the 7 launch ones, not the ones from Gears 4.

Asylum, Bunker, District, Exhibit, Icebound, Training Grounds and Vasgar
  • Posted on 29 October 19 at 09:41Permalink
    I Ebon Hawk I said:
    I have been trying to clear Horde maps on Master using the method where you start on wave 50. I have managed to do it on only two maps (Asylum and Harbor) which seem to be two of the easier maps. On other maps, the group just gets overwhelmed early on in the wave. Is there a specific strategy regarding what to build and what characters and cards should be used? I am assuming that Del, JD, Kait and Jack are essential and the last person should be another JD or Kait.
    Where did you put the fab on Asylum?

In the tunnel in the middle where the Talon is?
  • AvoidsAvoids408,953
    Posted on 29 October 19 at 12:26Permalink
    Ron Jeremy R6 said:
    I Ebon Hawk I said:
    Where did you put the fab on Asylum?

In the tunnel in the middle where the Talon is?
    That is what I did!
  • Posted on 31 October 19 at 12:49, Edited on 31 October 19 at 12:53 by Ron Jeremy R6Permalink
    I ailurophile I said:
    The new event does, too bad I didn't finish the Terminator event on Master :(
  • Posted on 01 November 19 at 19:57, Edited on 01 November 19 at 19:59 by I ailurophile IPermalink
    Ron Jeremy R6 said:
    I ailurophile I said:
    no matter iv firgured out a method to get them done solo (double boxing), have all hoard maps done for seriously now smile
  • Posted on 02 November 19 at 15:01Permalink
    I ailurophile I said:
    Ron Jeremy R6 said:
    I ailurophile I said:
    no matter iv firgured out a method to get them done solo (double boxing), have all hoard maps done for seriously now smile
    Nice, could you explain a little bit more how to do it solo?
  • Posted on 02 November 19 at 15:51Permalink
    its basically the keep jack alive while the others quit and rejoin method but with a tip for taking down the boss. in case your not familiar i will go through the whole thing....

if you are solo you will need to double box, or you can do it with more players (the more the better in terms of the time it takes)

basically the host player will go jack, they are going to do absolutly nothing except hide at the other side of the map.

the other account will be del to start off with, you should build as many level 4 sentrys as possible but put them down so they are red and cant be destroyed.

now del (and any other players) can die. because jack is still alive the game wont end and all other players can quit and rejoin to spawn back in, not only that but they can become jack too! use jacks hijack ability (or whatever else works eg kaits cloak etc) to clear out all enemies except the boss....

heres the trick, most people try and take on the boss as a group of jds and its nearly impossible to organise without the bosses health regenerating, what i did was comeback with all accounts as jack, the reason being the boss will stay still if all players stay invisible, this means you can turn all the sentries to active, lure the boss over to them (no flock or matriarch) and then stay invisible. the boss will just sit there even in front of the sentries without moving and die, from experience you will need at most 4 sentries to finish the boss on master.
  • KAW 24KAW 24239,663
    Posted on 02 November 19 at 16:08Permalink
    Just so I'm clear, are you saying you can select duplicate characters when rejoining the game?
  • Posted on 02 November 19 at 23:46Permalink
    KAW 24 said:
    Just so I'm clear, are you saying you can select duplicate characters when rejoining the game?
    yes, you can have 5 jacks if you quit and rejoin
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.