Talk about TrueAchievements

General chat about all things TA

how consider the worth of: gamerscore,TAscore,rateo,%age

• GYS GHOSTGYS GHOST211,748
    Posted on 21 October 19 at 05:18, Edited on 21 October 19 at 05:24 by GYS GHOSTPermalink
    Hello,I would like to know what is the most important value for you? Which is the most important to focus on?
    -Gamerscore
    -TAscore
    -Completion %age
    -Rateo
    For example:
    I love completion %age but i m not enough good to do that over 50% :( because all of my games are a lot;
    I love gamerscore but if i think at the gamerscore I surely lose my 2.0+ rateo!
    I don't love so much the rateo but it's the better value that I have on TA!
    I love TA score but I don't like the fact like the rateo it's not implemented in the xbox services :(, so I can check only on TA.
    So the question is which has most worth?
    If we are strong, our strength will speak for itself. If we are weak, words will be of no help. John F. Kennedy
  • Posted on 21 October 19 at 05:49Permalink
    Shooter leaderboards
  • Posted on 21 October 19 at 07:45Permalink
    Sincerely speaking of the score it seems secondary to me because what I like is to make achievements
  • BeanpotterBeanpotter985,550
    Posted on 21 October 19 at 08:27Permalink
    It varies for me as different milestones get closer but it's TA score at the mo, gotta hit that million!
    Play nice!
  • scotwolf2scotwolf2989,561
    Posted on 21 October 19 at 12:43Permalink
    for me it's always been Gamerscore.rock
    I like to look at ratio, completion, leaderboards but no too bothered with these.
    it's nice to see how I compare in Scotland, good to see that my ratio is{ it's highest of 60%clap}
  • planting42planting421,329,217
    Posted on 21 October 19 at 13:07Permalink
    Games played and Max possible completion %
  • Posted on 21 October 19 at 18:03Permalink
    Completion percentage and ratio, slowly building them up.
  • Posted on 21 October 19 at 18:19Permalink
    Of the bunch, I would always go with ratio.

However, after being on the site for awhile, I have found that I look at the group as a whole, since a single measure doesn't tell the whole story.

For example, you can have a 99.99% completion rate. While that may look impressive at first, it loses some of its merit when you see the gamer has a ratio of 1.2 and plays nothing but ACA Neo Geo, Ratalaika, visual novel, etc.

My ultimate goal is going for gold on all the stats. It takes much more skill to play enough games to get 1 million TA score, unlock enough of the achievements to maintain a 90%+ completion, and play tougher games to maintain a 2.0+ on the ratio.

But that is just my take. Beautiful thing about this site and its assortment of statistics and leaderboards is that it allows for players to compete how they want and find ways to make the site work for their specific goals.
  • x Mataeus xx Mataeus x903,501
    Posted on 21 October 19 at 22:05Permalink
    For me, completion percentage within genres that I love.

Not doing too well, like, but that's the stat I enjoy building the most. Then ratio, then GS. TA score doesn't really matter to me, beyond being the medium which ratio is measured.
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • Posted on 21 October 19 at 22:42Permalink
    Not particularly pushed about any of them tbh. I just like playing games and having both an easy way to judge how much/little of a game I've played and challenges to do.

If I enjoy a game I may aim to 100% it, but most I won't. If I didn't enjoy a game too much then I can feel justified in dumping it having given it a fair shot and feel no guilt looking back through my library. Conversely I can see which games I should return to, either because they were abandoned for no good reason or never given a real attempt. For older gaming systems we just had to remember, or dig out notes/memory cards, so we (I) forget a lot about old non-favourite games.

One thing I do keep an eye on is Localised racing leaderboards. This is one of my favourite genres so it is nice to see how I rank, even without much upwards progress.
  • CenosisCenosis77,304
    Posted on 21 October 19 at 23:58Permalink
    I like the barebones of seeing the number of achievements and gamerscore both go up, the rest of the stats change as a result and are neat bonus stats to check out but I try not to emphasize them. I might root for them a little if they are nearing a small milestone or something so they can be kinda neat too but I usually try to keep it simple.
    For example I would rather play a game regardless of it having discontinued or unobtainable achievements because I care more about the experience and fun than completion percentage.
  • Posted on 22 October 19 at 01:55, Edited on 22 October 19 at 04:32 by cottoncandyballPermalink
    I've had comments on my bad completed games ratio, or the fact i have few to no achievements in a lot of games. I think a lot of people forget, some people play games for the fun of it.
    I understand how some people just try a game out on another gamertag so it doesn't affect their ratios, but I like to come back and play a Gears 5 or a GTA 4.
    I might not complete them, but i'll see progress over time as I'm enjoying them.

Gamerscore has always been the thing that brought us together. To talk about bizarre games we wouldn't have played otherwise, or preparing for the new zombies easter egg bullshit.
    To say one is more important than the other, I feel is just personal opinion.
    I'll be on team gamerscore.headspin
  • MotorexGTR32MotorexGTR32255,066
    Posted on 07 November 19 at 03:30, Edited on 07 November 19 at 03:36 by MotorexGTR32Permalink
    There’s a percentage ratio that I’m looking at but my question is how can I tell how many achievements I need to unlock 1% increase because on older TA site, it tells you how many achievements needs to unlock. On this new site, I can’t figure it out.

For me that I most care about is completion games and TA ratio percentage. It’s fun to build up percentages.

TA score is very subjective.
  • Posted on 07 November 19 at 10:06Permalink
    Mine kinda changes.
    For a while I liked getting my completion percentage up, but I realised that I was missing out on some games because I spent so long trying to finish others, especially some games I just didn't enjoy or didn't want to grind through.
    So I'm happily sat around 55% completion, but I'm not too bothered if that drops lower, as long as I'm enjoying the games I'm playing.

So at the moment, my standard gamerscore and my TA score as what I follow the most.
    Snakes (https://www.instagram.com/medway_menagerie) & Bakes (https://www.instagram.com/bananabeanbakery)
    Posted on 07 November 19 at 10:23Permalink
    MotorexGTR32 said:
    There’s a percentage ratio that I’m looking at but my question is how can I tell how many achievements I need to unlock 1% increase because on older TA site, it tells you how many achievements needs to unlock. On this new site, I can’t figure it out.
    If you hover your cursor over the badge that displays your completion percentage, it will tell you how many achievements you need to get to the next complete number. Is that what you were after?
    Play nice!
  • MotorexGTR32MotorexGTR32255,066
    Posted on 07 November 19 at 15:40Permalink
    Beanpotter said:
    MotorexGTR32 said:
    If you hover your cursor over the badge that displays your completion percentage, it will tell you how many achievements you need to get to the next complete number. Is that what you were after?
    I’m on my iPhone, it works fine before TA old site that I can hover it by hold the button to pop it up but no, it doesn’t work on new site. Tried it on desktop and mobile, neither works.
    Posted on 07 November 19 at 16:32Permalink
    Ok, I'll ask.
    Play nice!
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 12:09, Edited on 08 November 19 at 12:18 by BeanpotterPermalink
    Should work on mobile now.

(you'll need to be in desktop mode or turn your phone to landscape to see your badges though)
    Play nice!
  • Posted on 08 November 19 at 20:03Permalink
    Beanpotter said:
    Should work on mobile now.

(you'll need to be in desktop mode or turn your phone to landscape to see your badges though)
    Thanks for getting this fixed. Any chance we could have our feedback percentages recalculated as mine thinks I have two additional negatives and an additional neutral?
  • SheBeatsYouSheBeatsYou189,704
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 21:42, Edited on 08 November 19 at 21:43 by SheBeatsYouPermalink
    12 years of achievements but only in the last 3ish years have I really gotten into this hunting thing so my backlog is quite a mess. For me, I just want to 100% as many games as I can. I dont care so much what my GS is or my overall I just enjoy popping that last cheevo in a game. it's very rare but I have a few almost-there maybe ill bust em out in a weekend or something.

You do you!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.