Game Discussion: Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul (Win 10)

Supported by the Developers?

• Posted on 21 October 19 at 06:06Permalink
    Hi All,

I have been in two minds about buying this, having played the console version.
    Was just wondering if this version of the game is still supported by the developers, or if it has been left out in favour of steam?

Many thanks.
  • JumboWarioJumboWario662,782
    Posted on 21 October 19 at 08:10Permalink
    Not really. They don't release DLC and I don't recall there being many updates. The console version gets regular, although expensive, DLC. This version has one expansion that launched with the game but that's it.
    Game On.
  • Posted on 21 October 19 at 08:57, Edited on 21 October 19 at 08:57 by Dynamite AndyPermalink
    That's what I thought, I may just pick this up then smile

Thanks!
  • Rossco7530Rossco75301,218,996
    Posted on 21 October 19 at 09:49Permalink
    The game is all set up for all the dlc but presumably sales didn't justify the expense of adding them. Given that they are still releasing dlc for the console game, I guess it is still a possibility.

They have released the Great Western Express dlc but it is the most hidden content I have ever come across. I only went looking for it because I messaged the one person to have completed the game and they told me about it (thanks Evil Kenivl). There's no link in the game and it doesn't show up on the game's page in the Store. I found it by searching "CSX Heavy Haul" - in AU it was the same price as the base game.

It makes the achievement for travelling 10,000 miles realistic; on the supplied route it would take thousand's of hours. compute
    Support @AchieveUpdates on Twitter if you hate unobtainables!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.