The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: October 22nd, 2019

• WebChimp UKWebChimp UK524,773
  • jasonlc3221jasonlc3221616,537
    Posted on 22 October 19 at 00:03, Edited on 23 October 19 at 13:26 by jasonlc3221Permalink
    Wait...wha…!? Where's the SPOOKTACULAR sales?

EDIT: Maybe I'm a week early, but I always thought the Halloween sale stuff happened on the week of sales ending on or before Halloween.

EDIT #2: Looks like there will be a "Shocktober Sale" after all. I found it in the MS Rewards app on Xbox, but none of the sales prices are loaded yet, as all games are still at their regular prices. So just stay tuned, they'll probably be loaded up soon. In the meantime, you can at least fire up the MS Rewards app on Xbox and see which games will be on sale, you just can't see their sale prices yet. I have a feeling RE2 Remake will be $30, even though it's on sale for $25 for physical copy at Best Buy in the US right now.

EDIT #3: I'm starting to wonder if they aren't going to discount any of those games in the Rewards app (also, the quantity of games has now shrunk to about 1/4 of what it was). What if MS thinks we'll be content with just getting 4000 rewards points by spending $40 on non-discounted games? Make sure you have your torches and pitchforks close by, just in case.
  • Conflict NZConflict NZ222,745 222,745 GamerScore
    Posted on 22 October 19 at 00:05Permalink
    Where's the Halloween deals? I at least want to play some horror games before halloween.
  • Posted on 22 October 19 at 00:09Permalink
    there's another deals day before halloween
    Rewards app has a new Shocktober offer - games are listed but still at regular prices atm
    Fallout 4 game of the year cheaper than season pass?

jasonlc3221 said:
    Next week?
  • Posted on 22 October 19 at 00:10Permalink
    There is still a shocktober sale happening, you can check what games are in it on the rewards app on Xbox, although they haven’t put the prices up yet
  • Posted on 22 October 19 at 00:22Permalink
    jasonlc3221 said:

EDIT: Maybe I'm a week early, but I always thought the Halloween sale stuff happened on the week of sales ending on or before Halloween.

EDIT #2: Looks like there will be a "Shocktober Sale" after all. I found it in the MS Rewards app on Xbox, but none of the sales prices are loaded yet, as all games are still at their regular prices. So just stay tuned, they'll probably be loaded up soon. In the meantime, you can at least fire up the MS Rewards app on Xbox and see which games will be on sale, you just can't see their sale prices yet. I have a feeling RE2 Remake will be $30, even though it's on sale for $25 for physical copy at Best Buy in the US right now.
    Thanks for the tip on RE2 at best buy
  • Kyk3 StylesKyk3 Styles193,788
    Posted on 22 October 19 at 00:23Permalink
    Nothing for me!warning
  • stebeer85stebeer85412,440
    Posted on 22 October 19 at 00:46Permalink
    Meh, Half off these games need to be buried alongside E.T in New Mexico! 💤
  • Posted on 22 October 19 at 00:51Permalink
    I've been eyeing Crayola Scoot for so long and it just won't go down in price to something I feel is ok....
    NateDawgSn1per - TrimmyHedges
  • Posted on 22 October 19 at 00:57Permalink
    NateDawgSn1per said:
    I've been eyeing Crayola Scoot for so long and it just won't go down in price to something I feel is ok....
    I paid $4 for a disc copy

Don't waste your money
  • rad fadrad fad278,722
    Posted on 22 October 19 at 00:58Permalink
    Valley is a decent little game
  • Blissed AwayBlissed Away508,199
    Posted on 22 October 19 at 01:37, Edited on 22 October 19 at 01:39 by Blissed AwayPermalink
    NateDawgSn1per said:
    It was 85% off in a previous sale (Xbox and all other platforms) around August (only 40% this time). However, it was a late addition to the Xbox sale and TA didn't add it in the sales article. I would not get it in this sale.
  • Posted on 22 October 19 at 01:38Permalink
    My little riding champion

Paw patrol

An absolute knockout week here with these giant titles seeing such steep discounts!!
  • superniceguysuperniceguy249,190
    Posted on 22 October 19 at 01:56, Edited on 22 October 19 at 02:03 by superniceguyPermalink
    On no, not another stupid rewards points offer. Last time for Gamescom deals I spent the required £35 and never got the 4000 points. It took over a month for the rewards team to look into the matter and they said even though I spent £35 it does not include VAT so my soend was about £30 without VAT.

These offers are just done to stop you getting reward points.

The only game I will definitely get will be Dead Rising 3 Apocolypse edition, which is finally on sale after 2 years. I don't know why it was never on sale during the year when the Dead Risings were on sale, but it is showing as a Shocktober offer, unless its a mistake. Last time it was on sale it was under £8. If I buy just this game then I will get zero reward points for it, but if there was no rewards offer going on, then I would get about 700 reward points.

Although might get Rage 2 deluxe, was almost getting it last time it was on sale but passed on it.
  • DoggyDog420DoggyDog420395,636
    Posted on 22 October 19 at 01:58Permalink
    SNK 40th Anniversary Collection is on sale for $19.99.
  • Posted on 22 October 19 at 02:09Permalink
    I can totally reccomend SEUM speedrunners from hell, pure fun
    audiosurf for xbox, please ! - boss fights are by far the worst part of videogames, especially when they are stupid hard
  • superniceguysuperniceguy249,190
    Posted on 22 October 19 at 02:17Permalink
    Observer is on sale but only as a bundle with Layers of Fear, which I have, but do not the DLC which is also in the bundle, so could get this if observer not on sale by itself, or wait a few weeks and will be on sale by itself.
  • Epic LouieEpic Louie1,457,835
    Posted on 22 October 19 at 02:24Permalink
    Valley is an easy completion. I liked it.
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.