Site Wishlist

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

Idea to stop retribution negative feedback

  • Ivan610Ivan610367,872
    Posted on 22 October 19 at 12:46Permalink
    It seems I can’t post post negative feedback for session no shows (with no communication, reasons or apologies for missing) because they always check their feedback score and do a negative vote on me.

    I think this problem could be fixed if the feedback system was modified to require two or more session participants to post negative ( or neutral) feedback on the same participant before it would post/count on the site. That way the the lone no show/troll etc could not post bad feedback against others as punishment for calling out their own poor behavior.
    Ivan610
  • J4CKA1J4CKA1174,781
    Posted on 22 October 19 at 13:33Permalink
    Ivan610 said:
    It seems I can’t post post negative feedback for session no shows (with no communication, reasons or apologies for missing) because they always check their feedback score and do a negative vote on me.

    I think this problem could be fixed if the feedback system was modified to require two or more session participants to post negative ( or neutral) feedback on the same participant before it would post/count on the site. That way the the lone no show/troll etc could not post bad feedback against others as punishment for calling out their own poor behavior.
    I just don't leave any feedback for no shows because of this. The last time a guy didn't show up to a session he sent us all messages saying if he got back feedback he would give us all bad feedback. lol
  • AhayzoAhayzo554,003
    Posted on 22 October 19 at 14:01Permalink
    This would shut out a lot of legitimate negative feedback
    Just because nobody else agrees, or cares enough about leaving feedback, to leave negative on the person I do, suddenly mine doesn't even count? The downsides of this method outweigh the supposed benefit so much I honestly don't even know how to describe it.
    #mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
  • Ivan610Ivan610367,872
    Posted on 22 October 19 at 15:38Permalink
    Ahayzo said:
    This would shut out a lot of legitimate negative feedback
    Just because nobody else agrees, or cares enough about leaving feedback, to leave negative on the person I do, suddenly mine doesn't even count? The downsides of this method outweigh the supposed benefit so much I honestly don't even know how to describe it.
    Says a person who has comments in his feedback for doing exactly what I described.
    Ivan610
  • AhayzoAhayzo554,003
    Posted on 22 October 19 at 20:22Permalink
    Did you plan on actually arguing my point or just pointing to a tiny portion of my sessions from 7+ years ago as if they hold any relevance?
    #mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
  • Ivan610Ivan610367,872
    Posted on 22 October 19 at 22:11Permalink
    My comment about trolls?
    Ivan610
  • NateCCRNNateCCRN261,670
    Posted on 22 October 19 at 23:22Permalink
    I think there should be some way to prevent retaliation. It is not fair that these people not show up to a scheduled session and expect someone to not comment on this bad behavior.
  • AhayzoAhayzo554,003
    Posted on 23 October 19 at 00:46Permalink
    NateCCRN said:
    I think there should be some way to prevent retaliation. It is not fair that these people not show up to a scheduled session and expect someone to not comment on this bad behavior.
    I don't many (if any) disagree with that. The problem is finding something where the benefit outweighs the risk. The fact is, it really doesn't have that much impact. The session hosts that care will be checking the notes anyways and seeing what happened. So it makes it really hard for any feasible options to have benefits that outweigh the downside
    #mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
  • Har MiggidoHar Miggido798,975
    Posted on 23 October 19 at 06:14Permalink
    People are afraid of retribution? laugh
  • Joshi 82 ATJoshi 82 AT787,447
    Posted on 23 October 19 at 09:54Permalink
    I fully agree with Ivan610. I, myself was involved in a previous discussion about this topic. Allow session groups to vote out revenge negative feedback

    It seems to me the most effective way to engage more people on this issue would be if the responsible side of boosters leave negative when it is appropriate and accept the revenge feedback, rather than backing down. Documenting in the notes that this was revenge feedback. This then could lead to a lower moral from boosters, which results in less sessions created and/or more people wanting to update the available tools in place to try and fix this issue.
  • planting42planting421,331,683
    Posted on 24 October 19 at 21:10, Edited on 24 October 19 at 21:11 by planting42Permalink
    Ahayzo said:
    This would shut out a lot of legitimate negative feedback
    Just because nobody else agrees, or cares enough about leaving feedback, to leave negative on the person I do, suddenly mine doesn't even count? The downsides of this method outweigh the supposed benefit so much I honestly don't even know how to describe it.
    Most sessions I've had lately people upvote everyone regardless of if they showed or not so my downvotes are lost in their unwillingness to use the system. The system is broken but I'm not sure this is the way to fix it.

    I've been in so many sessions, if someone wants to neg me because they can't man up to their poor boosting habits - it doesn't bother me. Its the internet, it happens.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.