Investigations Questions

Question for the Investigations Team? Please remember to keep posts civil, abusive posts can result in loss of posting privileges. Posts in this forum can be read by anyone on the site. Please do not attempt to hijack a thread by posting information not relevant to the original post, start a new thread instead.

Call of Duty 3 achievement glitch

• FxH FinalFxH Final190,197
    Posted on 23 October 19 at 13:27Permalink
    I'm writing here because of common issue regarding Call of Duty 3.
    The problem is related to the following online achievements:

Call of Duty 3LieutenantThe Lieutenant achievement in Call of Duty 3 worth 53 pointsReceive 200 total points in ranked matches.(Multiplayer)

Call of Duty 3CaptainThe Captain achievement in Call of Duty 3 worth 153 pointsReceive 2000 total points in ranked matches.(Multiplayer)

Call of Duty 3MajorThe Major achievement in Call of Duty 3 worth 288 pointsReceive 8000 total points in ranked matches.(Multiplayer)

Call of Duty 3ColonelThe Colonel achievement in Call of Duty 3 worth 432 pointsReceive 20000 total points in ranked matches.(Multiplayer)

Call of Duty 3GeneralThe General achievement in Call of Duty 3 worth 682 pointsReceive 40000 total points in ranked matches.(Multiplayer)

While these achievements required a lot of time to be unlocked (i.e. you could not unlock them in the same day, especially the last 3), during the first months from the release date of the game, it could happen to unlock all of them in 1 game.

This game had a lot of problems with the online servers. During the matchmaking, when the lobby was already formed, was very common to lose the connection with the server. Usually only few players were losing the connection. However, there was a rare case in which the whole lobby got disconnected. You could recognize this event because one by one all the players got disconnected. If such event happened while loading a specific map ("Merville"), the game simply unlocked all the missing online achievements. This map was so bugged that, after few months, it was even removed from online matchmaking (it was common to fall through the ground below the map, the spawns of the two teams were broken, permanent black screen, etc.). This event was completely random and was not based on player cheat (lag switch, mod, etc.) beacuse was server-related.

In my case, I've unlocked the last two achievements in this way. I went on playing this game because it was my first Call of Duty and I loved it. So, I would have unlock them in any case, bug or not.
    Like me, other friends unlocked 1 or more of the aforementioned achievements in this way. Checking the Trueachievements' Leaderboards, I found many other players with the same bug. It can be easily recognized because of the date in which they are unlocked.

In conclusion, I reported the following problem cause I was moved to "Non-Stat" status because I've unlocked a couple of them UNINTENTIONALLY. Same is for all the other players, since it was a completely RANDOM and UNCONTROLLABLE bug, as I've described.

I'm not here to complain about my "Non-Stat" status. I'm here to ask EQUITY. If having these achievements unlocked in the same date is considered as cheating, it's fine. But, in this case, I'm here to ask that ALL the players in the same situation are moved to "Non-Stat". Conversely, me and all the other players with this kind of problem should be moved back to our original status.

Up to you.
  • Posted on 31 October 19 at 01:06Permalink
    If you see an account that has similar issues, report it and we'll handle it.
  • GsO LightGsO Light147,585 147,585 GamerScore
    Posted on 02 November 19 at 06:25Permalink
    That's pretty selfish dude.. you know they're not going to do the latter option.. why ruin it for others
    Posted on 04 November 19 at 14:48Permalink
    GsO Light said:
    That's pretty selfish dude.. you know they're not going to do the latter option.. why ruin it for others
    It's not selfiish. It's fine for me to stay "Non-Stat".
    I'm not doing this to go back to the previous status.
    I'm simply here asking equity.
    If they "ruin" the status, it's a problem of TA's policy.
    Do not complain with me.
    Posted on 04 November 19 at 14:50Permalink
    said:
    If you see an account that has similar issues, report it and we'll handle it.
    Already done on different accounts, but I thought you could find them all with a simple scan. It's just a matter of modifying a parameter in your research algorithm.
  • GsO LightGsO Light147,585 147,585 GamerScore
    Posted on 04 November 19 at 21:22Permalink
    There will never be equality lol, by that logic people on limited tracking can argue for every single cheater to be also punished but TA will do nothing unless someone takes time out of their day to go through and report every single one.. and who would waste their life on that?

You can go to any 360 game and find someone who has unlocked an online only achievement offline, or after the servers shut down date, just live with it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.