The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Shocktober Halloween Sale

• Posted on 24 October 19 at 17:13Permalink
    I NVIII I said:
    Might just get the Darksiders 3 DLC bundle for when I get to it.
    I was thinking the same thing toast
  • SeitzzSeitzz788,120
    Posted on 24 October 19 at 17:37Permalink
    Need to snag myself a digital copy of the Bioshock Collection at some point, but I could've sworn I've seen it discounted at $15 before.
  • Posted on 24 October 19 at 17:52Permalink
    Since I couldn't complete observer before it left gamepass I had been hoping it would be on sale, but I don't really want to buy layers of fear with it :/ I guess I can wait. Might get RE2
    I would be Unstoppable, if not for Law Enforcement and Physics
  • IxisNaugusIxisNaugus152,979
    Posted on 24 October 19 at 18:56Permalink
    Darksiders 3 DLC for me. Was waiting for this to go on sale before starting the game. Looking forward to it. Very enjoyable franchise
  • Posted on 24 October 19 at 19:13Permalink
    Dr Marty said:
    wow... first time in a LONG time that Dead Rising 3 is on sale....
    BustaKillah13 said:
    About fucking time Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition is on salerock
    Yep, last sale was the Halloween sale of 2017 laugh
  • Posted on 24 October 19 at 19:37Permalink
    you can pick up Dying light for 19,99 on amazon with out sales laugh
  • KenjuanKenjuan90,117
    Posted on 24 October 19 at 20:19Permalink
    Thanks, but this list looks different than the one on Nelson's site. Where are all the 360 selections?
  • atryeu1atryeu1226,618
    Posted on 24 October 19 at 21:26Permalink
    So.... will the list be updated for 360? I was playing awhile ago and saw a spot for the sale (can you believe it? An actual sale is listed on the 360 Dashboard again!) and it looked like quite a few games on sale. I was wondering if any of the DLCs were on sale though and would love to see the price list here instead of going in and out of all the games from the Xbox.
  • Posted on 24 October 19 at 21:57Permalink
    I really hope people snag Agony for that price. The game is 100% playable now, the devs worked really hard to fix everything. Its a great trip through hell!!!!
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv488,341
    Posted on 24 October 19 at 22:37Permalink
    I'll probably pick up Call of Cthulhu. That's surprisingly cheaper than the physical copies are selling for. Maybe Stranger Things 3, but I feel like it could have a larger discount before we get around to playing it. Got a physical copy of Resident Evil 2 for $5 less on Amazon.
    If you have to ask, you're streets behind.
  • MVPVincentMVPVincent990,666
    Posted on 24 October 19 at 23:03Permalink
    Buying Resident Evil 5 to finish that off and Dead Rising 3 because I'm not waiting another 2 years on that one.
    I am a man of few words, but many riddles.
  • superniceguysuperniceguy272,662
    Posted on 24 October 19 at 23:36, Edited on 24 October 19 at 23:45 by superniceguyPermalink
    I am not getting DR3 as price is not as good as it was 2 years ago, but getting it on disc now. Cheaper on ebay even for Apocalypse edition.

I wanted observer to finish off from game pass but not on sale by itself however I will get observer and layers of fear bundle which includes dlc for the latter for £7.99. I have layers of fear with GWG, but DLC alone costs £3.99, and it does not look like its been or will be on sale, making observer be £4. Observer alone on PSN store is about £7 so good deal.

Also I may get Rage 2 deluxe or wait for it in Black Friday / Christmas sales but if I do not get this then will get no reward points from the observer bundle.

A tip for these reward points offers: If there is any games you want that reach the target value, then buy these first. Once you have cleared the punch card, then further purchases will still get you reward points from shop and earn. Also the target may not count VAT.

Eg. If I buy Rage 2 Deluxe for £34.99 first then this should get me the 4000 points unless VAT is not included which will make the purchase be £29.16 so get no points. Multiply the price by 0.833333333333 to get price without VAT. If £34.99 from Rage 2 Deluxe gets me the 4000 points, then I will get further reward points from shop and earn for Observer bundle. If I buy Observer bundle first then will get no points from shop and earn as it fills up punch card, then when I buy Rage 2 will just get 4000 rewards points for it all.
    Posted on 25 October 19 at 00:06Permalink
    DR3 is the equivalent of £7 in the US. If the UK had that price I would have bought it, but it is £11.99/$15.39
    Posted on 25 October 19 at 00:17, Edited on 25 October 19 at 00:20 by superniceguyPermalink
    UnstoppableKD said:
    Since I couldn't complete observer before it left gamepass I had been hoping it would be on sale, but I don't really want to buy layers of fear with it :/ I guess I can wait. Might get RE2
    It is not much more expensive than it on its own. Last time it was on sale was June and cost £7.19/$8.99. On UK PSN store it is on sale now for more at £7.39.. The bundle is £7.99/$9.99.

Although it could be GWG for November? Probably best wait and buy any games next week after Novs games announced.

The UK definitely getting shafted with DR3 as the UK price is clearly more than the US figure, but with the observer sales the UK figure is lower than the US figure which is a more accurate conversion.
  • DarkB1ade XDarkB1ade X379,779
    Posted on 25 October 19 at 01:30Permalink
    It has been like 2 some odd years since Dead Rising 3 went on sale, I guess I'm jumping on that since Capcom has a tendency to ignore DR3 whenever there's a franchise sale for the series for whatever reason.
  • mkdfanmkdfan667,812
    Posted on 25 October 19 at 02:02Permalink
    Picked up Agony, Darksiders 3 + DLC and Doom.
    You get 4000 Microsoft reward points if you spend over £30 so that’s cool for stuff I was gonna get anyways.
    Good sale apart from Alien Isolation’s oddly high price.
  • Posted on 25 October 19 at 03:07Permalink
    tempted by remnant and blackout club
    "I'm proud of you Sheldon" "yeah, I'm proud of me too" - lol
  • Thrawn526Thrawn526311,191
  • Posted on 25 October 19 at 07:17Permalink
    Does anyone know if gamepass member discounts stack with marketplace sales?
    Try and break our cookie system.
  • BasileusBasileus195,381
    Posted on 25 October 19 at 07:24, Edited on 25 October 19 at 07:46 by BasileusPermalink
    Wylaf Beulbe said:
    WHY IS NOBODY ASKING WHY GHOSTBUSTERS REMASTERED IS NOT ON THIS LIST?!?
    I'm helping you out here:
    "Why is Ghostbusters Remastered not on this list?" wink
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.