Industry News

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Windows Phone 8.1 Store Shutting Down Mid-December

• Kikoo123Kikoo123233,617
    Posted on 09 November 19 at 01:29, Edited on 09 November 19 at 01:31 by Kikoo123Permalink
    Ok everyone I have made a reddit post on the xbox insiders subreddit.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/dtpaju/window...

Make sure to upvote and comment that we're all having the same issue.

Please, help get achievement support fixed.
    ore wa ochinchin ga daisuki nandayo
  • KodingKoding883,632
    Posted on 09 November 19 at 02:07Permalink
    legit locked the thread already...

"Xbox support for non-Xbox Insider topics, including publicly available features or games, must go through Xbox Support channels such as support.xbox.com as per Rule 4."

I don't get it...
  • Posted on 09 November 19 at 02:30Permalink
    Kikoo123 said:
    legit locked the thread already...

"Xbox support for non-Xbox Insider topics, including publicly available features or games, must go through Xbox Support channels such as support.xbox.com as per Rule 4."

I don't get it...
    Support for games has always been useless in my opinion. They are literally really trying to suppress any attempt or any voice to get them fixed. Them removing threads, and trying to cover it up is really unacceptable and shows that they will continue to get away with dirty tactics like this unless something is done. Hence why i shall quote Luuc another TA person "We should grab our pitchforks and complain to the BBB" or something along those lines.

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get...
    Posted on 09 November 19 at 04:38Permalink
    looks like the bbb is gonna be the only way
  • Posted on 09 November 19 at 06:05Permalink
    This stinks I'm pretty sure every game with leaderbourd achievements is permanently down and games like twin blades won't unlock anything because it needs to connect to server this really sucks I hope windows 10 still can sync achievements for at least a year more mw being homeless this is the easiest way for to keep achievement hunting and i guess if they shut even windows 10 down for good I'm just gonna buy a cheap small laptops
    Posted on 09 November 19 at 07:56Permalink
    Can't refresh
    There's a problem with the Xbox service or your connection. Try again later.
  • Posted on 09 November 19 at 08:37Permalink
    Oh, FFS, never even checked. Last 4 achievements for Civ Rev not synced now. Is there any game on WP10 that if I start now will sync the achievements for other games. I'm seeing a few people unlocking Minecraft (WP) achievements still but not for other WP games?
  • Posted on 09 November 19 at 11:01, Edited on 09 November 19 at 11:14 by RebornPasturePermalink
    RebornPasture said:
    Oh, FFS, never even checked. Last 4 achievements for Civ Rev not synced now. Is there any game on WP10 that if I start now will sync the achievements for other games. I'm seeing a few people unlocking Minecraft (WP) achievements still but not for other WP games?
    Ok, started Minesweeper today, that has synced ny Civ Rev chievos. Getting this completed asap so I can leave WP behind.

Edit: Well that is REALLY weird. Popped 3 achievements for Microsoft Minesweeper (WP) and it synced Civ Rev, so that's completed. BUT Minesweeper has not appeared on Xbox or TA roll
  • BODZ61BODZ6156,065
    Posted on 10 November 19 at 02:41Permalink
    My WP 8.1 will not connect to Microsoft servers and the phone will not update anything. I guess that's it.
  • QuanticJusticeQuanticJustice1,143,152
    Posted on 10 November 19 at 17:28, Edited on 10 November 19 at 17:29 by QuanticJusticePermalink
    After Microsoft's response, TA needs to run a front page article on this. The end of achievements on an entire platform is a big deal. It also serves as a cautionary tale. After end of support is reached, no further shutdown warnings are coming from MS.
  • Posted on 10 November 19 at 20:56Permalink
    Managed to get all my remaining WP achievements to sync using WP10.
  • Posted on 11 November 19 at 11:24Permalink
    RebornPasture said:
    How'd you get it to sync?
    OME Kane no1 of the 7
  • ZalexzyZalexzy1,223,076
    Posted on 11 November 19 at 11:29Permalink
    ClockWrkPhantom said:
    RebornPasture said:
    Get new achievement (in other game if it's already completed) works most of time, that's how I been completing games last few days. If it is last WP game you ever gonna play, leave easy early achievement unlocked and get it last. If not syncing, unintall->install->pop it. And repeat until it's picked up.
    Any problem solved is a new problem made.
  • Posted on 11 November 19 at 11:49Permalink
    Zalexzy said:
    ClockWrkPhantom said:
    RebornPasture said:
    Get new achievement (in other game if it's already completed) works most of time, that's how I been completing games last few days. If it is last WP game you ever gonna play, leave easy early achievement unlocked and get it last. If not syncing, unintall->install->pop it. And repeat until it's picked up.
    I got mine to sync by booting up halo Spartan strike and it syncd
    OME Kane no1 of the 7
  • MMMDIMMMDI754,293
    Posted on 11 November 19 at 12:01Permalink
    Has anybody had any luck on 8 recently?
  • ZalexzyZalexzy1,223,076
    Posted on 11 November 19 at 12:22, Edited on 11 November 19 at 12:22 by ZalexzyPermalink
    MMMDI said:
    No, WP7 & WP8 are down. Unlikely to be fixed anymore. Which is annoying, leaves me with 19/20 with bingo.

I would guess based on some comments I could get it by buying WP phone that can be upgraded to WP10. Pop it on 8, update to 10 and sync.
    Any problem solved is a new problem made.
  • MMMDIMMMDI754,293
    Posted on 11 November 19 at 12:37Permalink
    Zalexzy said:
    MMMDI said:
    No, WP7 & WP8 are down. Unlikely to be fixed anymore. Which is annoying, leaves me with 19/20 with bingo.

I would guess based on some comments I could get it by buying WP phone that can be upgraded to WP10. Pop it on 8, update to 10 and sync.
    Has anybody done any research on the cheapest phone for this purpose? I only need it to finish Halo, so I'm really looking for dirt cheap. My current phone can't be upgraded.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.